DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2015 Italian Grand Prix

No season without Lewis having really deep low points. Sucks. But that's the rollercoaster-ride you have when supporting him. 

Hurst more especially because it was a Grand Slam he achieved today. And if it wasn't for Monaco, he would have been the first driver ever to get the in season Grand Slam (winning Monaco, GB, Belgium and Italy). 

Plus he was fastest everywhere everytime this weekend. 

Man, sometimes it just sucks being Hamilton-fan. 

I remember Senna getting disqualified because his car was a few mm too wide, that created a huge storm at the time. This will as well. That small amount can be let out whilst putting in the gauge, but over 1psi I can't explain that.

No penalty for Hamilton.

"...............

I think after hearing them say Pirelli signed it off as ok that something wasn't right somewhere.

Essentially the stewards felt that the pressures were correct when fitted to the car and the fact that it was low on the grid is irrelevant. Then why did they bother to check on the grid? If it only matters when the tires are fitted what's the point of checking afterwards for compliance?  

In general I'm just sick of Pirelli dictating how races are run, I think it's time for a tire change. 

Pirelli check them when fitted, it was the FIA that checked them on the grid. Pirelli were happy with them hence there was no punishment.

How are Pirelli dictating how races are run? They're making tyres to the spec that FOM wanted and then are giving safety advice to the teams (which the teams ignore). Then when things go wrong its all Pirelli's fault, despite their advice being ignored by the teams.

Pretty thankless task, not sure why any tyre manufacturer would want to get involved with the sport at the moment.

Platy said:
How are Pirelli dictating how races are run? They're making tyres to the spec that FOM wanted and then are giving safety advice to the teams (which the teams ignore). Then when things go wrong its all Pirelli's fault, despite their advice being ignored by the teams.

Pretty thankless task, not sure why any tyre manufacturer would want to get involved with the sport at the moment.
Easy: Prestige and advertising

https://twitter.com/adamcooperf1/status/640571757376765952

https://twitter.com/adamcooperf1/status/640572016416980992

Well a dull race on the whole, but how odd with Hamilton's fast laps at the end? I've not watched any debriefs or anything on TV or read any articles, so did they say why he did it?

Shame about Rosberg's retirement, genuinely. He's a long way behind Lewis now, and even if Lewis retires twice and Nico wins both times, he'll still be behind.

Makes you think though, if Vettel didn't have that puncture in Spa and picked up those 15 points then Nico and Seb would only be separated by a handful of points. Vettel's done so well this season.

Well a dull race on the whole, but how odd with Hamilton's fast laps at the end? I've not watched any debriefs or anything on TV or read any articles, so did they say why he did it?

Shame about Rosberg's retirement, genuinely. He's a long way behind Lewis now, and even if Lewis retires twice and Nico wins both times, he'll still be behind.

Makes you think though, if Vettel didn't have that puncture in Spa and picked up those 15 points then Nico and Seb would only be separated by a handful of points. Vettel's done so well this season.
Have you not read the posts here, and seen the whole thing blow up? (Pun intended)

They were told they could get a penalty due to tyres being bellow the legal limit, so they wanted to increase the gap incase he got a time penalty. I'm surprised you haven't seen anything about this :joy:  It was the most interesting part of the race weekend.