Jump to content Jump to content

Ability to change AI difficulty between sessions like in F1 2020 (TAB on the loading screen)

I used to constantly tweak the AI before Practices and even in between Q1, Q2 and Q3, but the option to press TAB in between loading screens like F1 2020 had has sadly dissapeared, please bring it back if possible

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
1 hour ago, XanderSJX said:

There are people that said pressing button on loading screen still works. Only thing is missing that button option is not displayed in lower right. Just make sure to double check.

Doesn't work for me.

5 hours ago, XanderSJX said:

There are people that said pressing button on loading screen still works. Only thing is missing that button option is not displayed in lower right. Just make sure to double check.

Yeah doesn't seem to work for me either

I just don't see this problem, I do it all the time, as I have said on several threads! I do practice at AI 75 and Quali and Race at 93 to 97 depending on the track. Nothing is different to F1 2020 except the way the workstation looks

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, azombie1223 said:

I change them from session to session at the session screen in the paddock where you sit at the computer. Press Y when you highlight "Go To Next Session"

Yes, but now you can't change in between quali sessions, like you used to in F1 2020 at the loading screens in between Q1, 2 and 3

3 hours ago, neiluk03 said:

I just don't see this problem, I do it all the time, as I have said on several threads! I do practice at AI 75 and Quali and Race at 93 to 97 depending on the track. Nothing is different to F1 2020 except the way the workstation looks

And as I already said in many threads, it used to be a feature in F1 2020, now for some reason it's gone and we would like it back, simple as that. Just because you didn't see it/didn't use it, doesn't mean the problem doesn't exist. We're not even asking for a brand new feature, we only want that feature from the previous game back. Because currently there's no way to modify the AI in between Q1, 2 and 3.

Edited by AgusNC
  • Agree 1

Ah, I see what you mean. I usually just go to Grand Prix mode and go to the track I'm racing at in MyTeam and then do one quali lap and get as close to Bottas as possible in lap time.

It isn't perfect but it works for me. I write down the difficulty at each track and come back to it after a month to see if my time has improved.

• 2 weeks later...

This function has to be back.

I used to be adjusting difficulties by just back out to menu and going back into restarting the race in order to change difficulty setting in the loading screen in F1 2020. Now I couldn't do that without that function, Then I tried just backing up the save and use save & load method to change difficulty, and you know what happened next? The game simply destroyed my save data and even the backup save didn't work, experimented it a few more times and it was the same result.