Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Community Managers - Next Steps

Hi,

I would like to introduce myself to you all, I’m Bevan Davies (Dnote), a Product Manager here at Codemasters within the publishing team. Some of you may know me from many years ago when I was a Community Manager, working in the community team on DiRT 3, F1 2011, Red River, and a bunch of online games.

It has been awhile since then, but we find ourselves in an unusual situation, for the first time since the formation of the community team at Codemasters, we do not have any Community Managers (panic!).

As you know, we have a very particular line up of titles that we develop in-house here at Codemasters. Motorsport is our passion and we look for that same passion within the staff that we hire. So over the last few months as our various Community Managers have moved on to new challenges or new countries, we’ve made an effort to ensure that we replace them with people who can not only take on the work, but also drive it to a new level of excellence.

This hasn’t been as easy as it might sound, but we’re close, very close. And in the short time between now and those amazing new people joining us, I, along with a couple of people from the development teams (they mainly lurk), will be your main contacts with the company.

With this in mind, I’m a little out of touch on DiRT Rally and F1 2015, so I’ll be getting up to speed with the development teams on my side, then I’ll be looking to interact with you the best I can and see where we go from there. This might cause a little hiccup in what happens around the next content update for DiRT Rally as far as social/news coverage, but hopefully I’ll be on top of things by then.

Any questions, feel free to drop them here, or poke one of the great moderators on here and they will make sure it crosses my desk.

Thanks,

Hey Bevan, I'm Pork. Pleased to meet you. I can't think of anything constructive to say, so I'll just throw this here picture in.

Hi Bevan, thanks for the introduction and small insight into what's happening with Codies internally. I wish you all the best!

Hi there Bevan!  Can you let the Dirt Rally dev's know they forgot to release Finland, it was supposed to be released already.  ;)

Welcome (back) to hell.  Please may this be the end of silence from Codie's because I think we deserve some sort of apology regarding the quality control of F1 2015.  I even direct messaged a few individuals and not ignored or at least no response when trying to be helpful.  As I see it you / Codie's have everything to prove now not the other way around!

Hi , welcome . I have a Fanatec V2 whit G25 pedals and it is still imposible to change pedal configuration in the game . Also would be nice to be able to change all cameras angles in the game  not just in cockpit view . Thanks . 

hi Bevan , please to meet you.

I would just submit a proposal, why not test your games by some forum members  to avoid multiple bugs whose last F1 2015 suffers ?
i think a lot of us would be please to do that for free , so your sales and réputation would be greatly improved.

UnderZice said:
hi Bevan , please to meet you.

I would just submit a proposal, why not test your games by some forum members  to avoid multiple bugs whose last F1 2015 suffers ?
i think a lot of us would be please to do that for free , so your sales and réputation would be greatly improved.

Given that FOM scrutinise every screenshot and video before the game is released to ensure it paints the most sanitised version possible of the sport, I can't see them ever allowing a half-finished game into the hands of any members of the public. (Cue comments about how the game was released half-finished anyway, etc...)

A closed beta would be interesting, the logistics of making it happen would give me nightmares though, luckily we'll have a new CM by then :smile:

Will add it to the list of ideas for the next game, no promises that we can do it though.

Dnote said:
A closed beta would be interesting, the logistics of making it happen would give me nightmares though, luckily we'll have a new CM by then :smile:

Will add it to the list of ideas for the next game, no promises that we can do it though.
New CM? please give us more details? ;)

Two new Community Managers will be joining us in four or five weeks, I'm just covering until they start.

Dnote said:

Hi,

I would like to introduce myself to you all, I’m Bevan Davies (Dnote), a Product Manager here at Codemasters within the publishing team. Some of you may know me from many years ago when I was a Community Manager, working in the community team on DiRT 3, F1 2011, Red River, and a bunch of online games.

I knew I remembered that little Devil smiley face avatar from somewhere haha. 

Heh, Satine girl :smiley: She was the head of the community team, but she left awhile ago to pursue interests outside of the industry.

Dnote said:
Heh, Satine girl :smiley: She was the head of the community team, but she left awhile ago to pursue interests outside of the industry.
Wow didn't know she left that long ago, nothing was said on the forums.

@Dnote hi. just to bring you up to scratch on F12015, the game is buggy/glitchy as hell. Across all platforms. 
@Dnote has been with the company for quite awhile. ;)

Chromatic said:
Whatever happened to that satine girl does she still work at codemasters?
Think she is one of the bosses?

yeah I think she's still ther but she doesn't post much I don't think she usually left it to the CM's  we just don't really have any atm.

Dnote said:

never knew that.