Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Community Managers - Next Steps

Dnote said:
A closed beta would be interesting, the logistics of making it happen would give me nightmares though, luckily we'll have a new CM by then :smile:

Will add it to the list of ideas for the next game, no promises that we can do it though.
You could always release a beta with unbranded mock up cars, so people can play and test the physics, AI, hunt glitches, etc. Perhaps update the beta periodically with a single track each time, so beta testers can seek bugs with each track, but no one has the full game as such.

So there's various ways you could beta test, without infringing on the FIA :-) 

You could always release a beta with unbranded mock up cars, so people can play and test the physics, AI, hunt glitches, etc. Perhaps update the beta periodically with a single track each time, so beta testers can seek bugs with each track, but no one has the full game as such.

Builds take resources as well, maintaining and regularly updating a Beta alongside the development version (which is full of the unapproved stuff and half-finished stuff), could add significant strain on the team. But, the idea of using a fake car initially had crossed my mind as well.

Still haven't had a chance to meet with the dev team though, will be seeing them later in the week.

Dnote said:

Builds take resources as well, maintaining and regularly updating a Beta alongside the development version (which is full of the unapproved stuff and half-finished stuff), could add significant strain on the team. But, the idea of using a fake car initially had crossed my mind as well.

Still haven't had a chance to meet with the dev team though, will be seeing them later in the week.
we just need only one track , cars with no livery , but all the online features so we can test it for a limited time maybe one week and report all the problems.

Chromatic said:
Whatever happened to that satine girl does she still work at codemasters?
Think she is one of the bosses?

yeah I think she's still ther but she doesn't post much I don't think she usually left it to the CM's  we just don't really have any atm.

Dnote said:
Heh, Satine girl :smiley: She was the head of the community team, but she left awhile ago to pursue interests outside of the industry.

never knew that.

Yeah i think the last time i saw her post was back in the Lithuim forums.