Jump to content Jump to content

[PC] Graphics looks horrible when everything is maxed out on ultra settings

• A detailed description of the issue.

Hello all,

Yesterday was a big day, the launch of the F1 2021 Deluxe Edition! Finally I could do some hours of fun playing this new gem.

But everything stopped after roughly 30 minutes of game time.

My game settings are fully engaged: 2560x1080 resolution and everything on ultra.

But when I was in the game menu's everything looked 'pixelary'... and when I was playing it really shocked to be honest.

I tried everything to fix this problem. But what I try, it doesn't help.

• troubleshooting

I did the following solutions:

1: Closing and restart game.
2: Uninstalling the game and reinstall the game
3: Looking for an update for my videocard (Radeon R3 390), there was none and my videocard was up-2-date
4: Windows updates (none available)
5: Start up the PC from scratch...

• Platform

PC

• Report code

GKDC-ESBH-KEAM-EGHE

• Game Mode

All

I do not know what to do more... See screenshots how the game looks like...

20210714113249_1.jpg

20210714112700_1.jpg

20210714112723_1.jpg

20210714112733_1.jpg

20210714112758_1.jpg

20210714112846_1.jpg

20210714112932_1.jpg

20210714113212_1.jpg

20210714113221_1.jpg

20210714113230_1.jpg

20210714113258_1.jpg

Edited by WillemsImages
layout edit
  • WillemsImages changed the title to [PC] Graphics looks horrible when everything is maxed out on ultra settings

same here!! Exactly the same problems... everything maxed out..

tried also turning of ray tracing and shadows.. no solution.. also various settings with TAA, DLSS didnt solve it

@BarryBL as i texted u, i dont have to do a full report now, he did ;)

Just now, insomniac287 said:

tried also turning of ray tracing and shadows.. no solution.. also various settings with TAA, DLSS didnt solve it

@BarryBL as i texted u, i dont have to do a full report now, he did 😉

Im happy that Im not the only one, I really can't play this game at all cause the corners are very ****** visible.

And lucky you that I have done the hard work for you lol. Hope this problem will solve asap and that I can start racing with Braking Point and My Team...

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, insomniac287 said:

@BarryBL as i texted u, i dont have to do a full report now, he did 😉

Please also complete the full report @insomniac287. More the better. 🙂 

• Agree 1
Just now, WillemsImages said:

Im happy that Im not the only one, I really can't play this game at all cause the corners are very ****** visible.

And lucky you that I have done the hard work for you lol. Hope this problem will solve asap and that I can start racing with Braking Point and My Team...

haha yeah, i was just going to do the report in my lunch break now 😄 but yeah thanks to u haha.. i dont know what it is.. the problem is much more worse on street circuits like melbourne.. same ??

Just now, insomniac287 said:

haha yeah, i was just going to do the report in my lunch break now 😄 but yeah thanks to u haha.. i dont know what it is.. the problem is much more worse on street circuits like melbourne.. same ??

It is **** on every circuit, even in the menu's (garage) the cars look horrible. Like I am playing the old Grand Prix 4-game in 1999.

• Agree 1

I've made this point (incorrectly) elsewhere but the gravel in F1 2021 also looks much worse even when all graphic settings maxed out in 4K (without screen space shadow). The top screenshot is from F1 2021 and the bottom from F1 2020.
1695838236_F12021(DirectX12)13_07_202118_32_47(2).thumb.png.ecc1bc569139575e9afa8951272013ae.png2053852912_F12020(DirectX12)14_07_202116_36_24(2).thumb.png.b94221213dc3d8cade588bfd2d9f847d.png

Edited by WildPhilosopher
  • Administrator

Got a DXDiag @WillemsImages. You may need to balance out some settings in-game to find the ideal experience. Your graphics card is from 2015 so is a little older. Turn down non-critical items in the in-game graphics settigns and turn off Asynchronous Compute.

3 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Got a DXDiag @WillemsImages. You may need to balance out some settings in-game to find the ideal experience. Your graphics card is from 2015 so is a little older. Turn down non-critical items in the in-game graphics settigns and turn off Asynchronous Compute.

Hey @BarryBLIm going to try that right away and let u know shortly oke?

And yes, im still waiting for my new graphic card, but everything is now so hard to get and pricy... Hope to get my 3060 Asap.

• Like 1
  • A detailed description of the issue.

Hey,

My game settings are fully engaged: 2560x1440 resolution and everything on ultra.

The graphics really shocked me to be honest. Looks like very very bad anti aliasing.. and its ""pixalary""

also the shadows from t he cars look very bad and shadows on the tyres look awful too..

I tried everything to fix this problem. But what I try, it doesn't help.

• troubleshooting

I did the following solutions:

1: Closing and restart game.
2: Uninstalling the game and reinstall the game
3: Looking for an update for my videocard RTX3070, there was none and my videocard was up-2-date
4: Windows updates (none available)
5: Start up the PC from scratch...

6: turned off ray tracing

7: tried all anti aliasing modes

8: tried turning Graphics to various modes (low, medium, high, ultra)

9: turned off and ond HDR

10 Changed screen from 165hz to all the others

11 tried turning on and off Vsync

12 tried adaptive resolution

• Platform

PC

• Report code

will add it when i am at home but looks like the game from @WillemsImages  his code is GKDC-ESBH-KEAM-EGHE

• Game Mode

All

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, WillemsImages said:

Hey @BarryBLIm going to try that right away and let u know shortly oke?

And yes, im still waiting for my new graphic card, but everything is now so hard to get and pricy... Hope to get my 3060 Asap.

Yeah feel that pain. 

For now, balance out some of the in-game settings. Finding a balance between raw performance and a smooth operation (Carlos Sainz meme intended) can be a bit of trail and error. I have a 2070 and only run a few things on the highest setting.

Can you add a .txt file please @WillemsImages as theres all the information we need in the saved file.

8 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

@BarryBLi am going to send u a DXdiag at home

But my System:

RTX3070

32 GB RAM

i79700K

Did a Benchmark on everything maxed out 93 FPS average.. minimum 74.. highest 117

same problems

Edited by insomniac287
Added Framerate
1 minute ago, BarryBL said:

Yeah feel that pain. 

For now, balance out some of the in-game settings. Finding a balance between raw performance and a smooth operation (Carlos Sainz meme intended) can be a bit of trail and error. I have a 2070 and only run a few things on the highest setting.

I will check some options out now @BarryBL

I was a F1 Beta Tester for 2021, and no problems during the test... Only now with the full game, so thats why I was shocked.

• Administrator
32 minutes ago, insomniac287 said:

same problems, i have checked my nvidia control panel settings

Please lower some of your graphical settings. Are you running with Ray tracing on?

1 minute ago, BarryBL said:

Please lower some of your graphical settings. Are you running with Ray tracing on?

u didnt do your home work ! 😛 haha 

I already made a full report where i said i tried evening turning it down to medium settings and low with ray tracing off... and really various settings

but same issues

if i have evrything maxed out with ray tracing on i get average 93 fps and minimum 73 fps

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, insomniac287 said:

u are a bad driver.... just joking hahaha.. yeah looks like we have the same issue

I know I am a bad driver ! But this is just to make that video. The crash I did is not every race 😉

• Haha 1
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, insomniac287 said:

u didnt do your home work ! 😛 haha 

I already made a full report where i said i tried evening turning it down to medium settings and low with ray tracing off... and really various settings

but same issues

if i have evrything maxed out with ray tracing on i get average 93 fps and minimum 73 fps

My bad, apologies. I'll await your DXDiag and video and take a look 🙂 

• Like 1