Jump to content Jump to content

DRS Beep in F1 2021

Hi

Can somebody help me with this this. The DRS beep when in DRS zone is missing in the new game. I am struggling to find this in settings. Did a race in Bahrain and kept forgetting to activate DRS when within 1 sec of the car ahead as there was no beep.

6 minutes ago, Cappachino78 said:

It cant be increased in settings. Codemasters need to patch it.

i have the same problem on ps5

The settings is this year is a minefield with so many options. Do you know exactly which settings it is under? Thanks

You can turn up the effects volume to max turn the others down to 7 maybe? Just mess around with the sound settings including the master volume , I did and can now hear the DRS beep

Edited by Madmaz116
4 minutes ago, Madmaz116 said:

You can turn up the effects volume to max turn the others down to 7 maybe? Just mess around with the sound settings including the master volume , I did and can now hear the DRS beep

Turn what others down? Effects volume impacts most of the sounds, including your engine and DRS beep. The others are Voice and AI car volume, neither of which will make DRS beep easier to hear.

1 hour ago, Madmaz116 said:

I tried this before with no luck. 
What settings do you have?

1 hour ago, milook said:

Turn what others down? Effects volume impacts most of the sounds, including your engine and DRS beep. The others are Voice and AI car volume, neither of which will make DRS beep easier to hear.

i'll check my settings later tonight and let you know tomorrow

Edit : Just a thought I remember ensuring no sounds goes through my Controller speaker I think there is a setting in sounds to turn that on or off , thinking about it , i think that was the solution to ensure all sound goes through my headphones

Edited by Madmaz116
1 hour ago, imranap said:

i have all my sound coming from TV but can barely hear it. I think the sound of engine just takes over any of the other noises.

I'm sure it's more about the DRS beep being impossibly quiet rather than the engine being too loud. 

1 hour ago, imranap said:

i have all my sound coming from TV but can barely hear it. I think the sound of engine just takes over any of the other noises.

yeh maybe its differnt on headphones... oh well at least its being looked at

Same issue on PC but the easier way for me is depending on the car I'm driving.

Usually it will indicate when you can activate DRS on the LED on the wheel in game.

One blue LED can turn DRS on.

Two blue LED's means it's DRS is active.

It's the final audio setting (I think it's called sound effects through controller). It's ON by default. Things like start lights, DRS beep etc come through your wireless controller. Turn it OFF and the DRS beep appears through your tv audio (just like previous F1 games).

I presume it's a bug and needs fixing through the controller audio. I've got this setting set to OFF for the time being whilst it's being sorted. Beep works fine when coming through your tv.

Edited by Sadler
  • Agree 1