Jump to content Jump to content

Dear Codemasters,

please patch that the icons are also available as avatars, with the commentator names and helmets and that they are selectable for all modes. The Character models are already in the game and a patch to unlock these would be a quick solution. 

The same feature was available in previous deluxe edition games (2019: Senna and Prost, 2020: Schumacher) and would be a great improvement of the game. To be honest it was very disappointing to realize that the icons were not selectable as avatars. 

• Like 1

Chipping in for this too.

Part of the reason I wanted the deluxe was to be able to use their models. Was hoping to make a My Team file playing as Button and hiring Rosberg as my teammate.

Also wanted to play as Michael at Ferrari and Nico at Mercedes in driver career.

Please let this happen, Codies! All the models, helmets etc are already there so please allow the player to use them as well!

To be honest I find it a bit ridiculous to pay for this content and then have to wait 12 races to use it.

it would be more worth the money if you could hire the icons right from the start of myteam.

• Agree 1
2 hours ago, FTBuzzard said:

To be honest I find it a bit ridiculous to pay for this content and then have to wait 12 races to use it.

it would be more worth the money if you could hire the icons right from the start of myteam.

I second this.  By all means, if it needs a compromise, make them have their expensive pricetag to keep so you have to money manage for the first season and sacrifice facility upgrades but make them free/same price as F2 drivers to hire from the start. 

• Agree 1
13 hours ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

I second this.  By all means, if it needs a compromise, make them have their expensive pricetag to keep so you have to money manage for the first season and sacrifice facility upgrades but make them free/same price as F2 drivers to hire from the start. 

Exactly this. 

We've paid extra for them so I'm pretty surprised (and a bit annoyed, honestly) that they're not available at the start of the game nor as avatars for our drivers. I thought with the extra career settings we could have set our starting funds or there would be sponsors which offered a much larger signing bonus (like 20mil so you could spend it on Schumacher if you wish or on facilities at the start) but with a smaller objective bonus.

Going to keep pushing for this! 

Please allow the player to use icons avatars, helmets and audio names for our own drivers and, if possible, make them available to hire at the start of the game. More options will always make more players happy.

• Agree 2

CM, please let us play as Prost, Senna, Schumacher and the other Icons. I appreciate that you added the Drivers of the Braking Point Content, but what the Players who bought the Deluxe Edition really want, is to race and build up their Team with their Heroes. This is a essential part for us to enjoy the game. In last years Deluxe Edition I loved to build up a Team as Schumacher! Please CM, unlock the already available avatars for us in the next patch! 

• Agree 1
On 7/23/2021 at 8:41 PM, KAI1989215 said:

CM, please let us play as Prost, Senna, Schumacher and the other Icons. I appreciate that you added the Drivers of the Braking Point Content, but what the Players who bought the Deluxe Edition really want, is to race and build up their Team with their Heroes. This is a essential part for us to enjoy the game. In last years Deluxe Edition I loved to build up a Team as Schumacher! Please CM, unlock the already available avatars for us in the next patch! 

Fully agree.. if we were getting driver models then the icons were definitely more preferable than the Braking Point characters.

So 100%. Would love for this to be added in an upcoming patch. Would be great to get to play as our favourite drivers.