Jump to content Jump to content

Being able to change AI difficulty in the loading screens (like in F1 2020)

I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to change the AI difficulty in the loading screen like in F1 2020. Now if you want to change it between sessions you have to accelerate the time in that session and wait for the clock to run out. Makes no sense. Especially since AI difficulty is so inconsistent between sessions and tracks.

• Agree 5
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah! I really miss the loading menu

I use it all the time during quali. When the ai was too high or too low i would go back to the main menu and load the quali session back up again. During the loading I would then change the ai. Now that is not a possibility anymore and I can't find another way to raise or lower the ai, after I started a quali session.

Does someone have a trick how I can fix it? Just hate it when I am in qualifying and find out that the ai is to low or to high. And I can't fix it anymore.

• Agree 2

I would really like to understand why they took away a whole load of functionality this year... it’s like we’ve had steady progress over the years and this year someone at CM just decided we didn’t need all those options after all!

Would love for this option to return. Adjusting AI between each session was such a good feature. Specially between Practice 1-3 and Qualifying Q1-Q3 then before the race too.

Even the possibility to adjust AI in Practice 1-3, while actually in the pit menu.

• Agree 1

Not being able to restart a session with a different difficulty like we could in F1 2020 is making it so frustrating to play this game. Especially considering the AI seems quite inconsistent between sessions. In F12020 I would normally adjust my difficulty based on my teammate's results from FP1 then fine tune a bit between quali sessions. This resulted in races where I was right where I should be in terms of difficulty.

Now this is not possible anymore. Results in FP1 are very different from quali, so setting the difficulty after practice doesn't quite work. And not being able to change the difficulty between quali sessions means you can't use quali for fine tuning difficulty anymore either. Add to that the fact that the AI seems to perform wildly differently between quali and races, it becomes a bit of a guessing game. It probably wouldn't be a problem if you're doing 5-lap races, but I do 50% which means I'm stuck for about an hour with the wrong difficulty which makes races either incredibly frustrating or incredibly dull.

I really hope Codemasters reconsiders this.

• Agree 2
  • 2 weeks later...

This option was super helpful for me, since I often forget to adjust damage, or AI difficulty, or flashbacks, before the qualifying or race, and so this gave me one last opportunity to check if everything is right.

Would really love to have that back! I know it was gone from F1 2020 originally, before it was added back. Maybe we can add it back on F1 2021, as well? Pretty please? 🙂

Pretty frustrating even doing time trial. Wanted to do a tt in Bahrain in the official time ie night. But no option to set it when selecting car . So normally just press options in the loading screen and set my time . Now I have to wait for it to load then pause change the time which ends the session then loads the new one.  So pointless to remove this feature that clearly was used a lot ...... 

On 7/22/2021 at 11:48 PM, kalamazoo123 said:

I would really like to understand why they took away a whole load of functionality this year... it’s like we’ve had steady progress over the years and this year someone at CM just decided we didn’t need all those options after all!

EA Games involvement I guess! Strip out functionality, release a game that's not even finished and working properly (XBox Series X Crashes, Inconsistent AI on tracks and missing textures/graphic issues to name but a few) and charge the same price. 

Edited by Sonic6L
1 hour ago, Sonic6L said:

EA Games involvement I guess! Strip out functionality, release a game that's not even finished and working properly (XBox Series X Crashes, Inconsistent AI on tracks and missing textures/graphic issues to name but a few) and charge the same price. 

Nah, you make it sound like you think EA made it worse on purpose, which obviously wouldn’t be the case. And besides that it really is too early to see any real EA influence this year.

Someone at CM made the decision to strip stuff out this year, loads of stuff, and I really can’t for the life of me understand why.

• Agree 1
Just now, kalamazoo123 said:

Nah, you make it sound like you think EA made it worse on purpose, which obviously wouldn’t be the case. And besides that it really is too early to see any real EA influence this year.

Someone at CM made the decision to strip stuff out this year, loads of stuff, and I really can’t for the life of me understand why.

No, I don't think EA did it in purpose, but It's a well known fact that when EA takes things over, subsequent releases of games get affected with things being stripped out and games being released in poor states. IMO F1 2021 is the worst release I've played and I've been playing F1 games since 2010.