Jump to content Jump to content

FFB issues - Logitech G29 - Game breaking issue!!!!!

• Force Feedback (FFB) not working in any game modes, with any car. i.e. game unplayable :-( 
  • BEGH-CVEM-ABGP-RSBE
  • PC - Steam, Logitech G29 wheel and pedals
  • All game modes!!!
  • OFFLINE (Wouldn't go online with FFB broken)
  • OFFLINE (Wouldn't go online with FFB broken)
  • Updated wheel drivers/firmware, all is newest version. Reinstalled game. Unplug/replug wheel in game and also while at desktop (via alt-tab). Create and also change between logitech wheel profiles. Basicly attempted all that can be done at this time. Wheel and wheel software is confirmed working with F1 2020, ACC, PC2 etc. 
  • No screenshots, FFB issue can't be shown via screenshots.
  • Play the game as normal with a Logitech G29 wheel on PC!!!!!!!!!
  • Agree 1

I don't know why but I've literally tried everything from unplugging and replugging the usb cable from my laptop and trying different ones and I've uninstalled the Logitech G Hub and reinstalled it.  I don't know whether or not having Assetto Corsa makes a difference 

Good afternoon. My friends within LGS use what settings and within the game. Could someone publish here in the group the configuration of the LGS and within the game for the G29

11 hours ago, Izidoro said:

Good afternoon. My friends within LGS use what settings and within the game. Could someone publish here in the group the configuration of the LGS and within the game for the G29

LGS is not a supported software. Please use GHub and message Logitech support to sort out the issues, you can use the workaround to get FFB working (not difficult). Until this is done by weight of users, Logitech will not fix their buggy mess. The more users get involved in this the greater the likelihood of change.

• Disagree 2
  • BarryBL unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2021 at 9:24 AM, steviejay69 said:

LGS is not a supported software. Please use GHub and message Logitech support to sort out the issues, you can use the workaround to get FFB working (not difficult). Until this is done by weight of users, Logitech will not fix their buggy mess. The more users get involved in this the greater the likelihood of change.

Using GHUB the proposed solution of changing DOR does not work. 
Quite surprised to see Codemasters just pass on the issue to Logitech when you have the G29 listed as supported wheel??? 😮
I have tried to troubleshoot this issue now for close to 10 hours in total....................... 
Seems like the problem is that the game (F1 2021) will not send any ffb signals to the wheel (and also no signals for the led rev lights on the G29) As mentioned before, everything is working in all other games, including F1 2020. 

So to answer this for once and for all. All Logitech wheels needs the Logitech game software AND GHUB to have force feedback working, only using 1 of them doesn't work. Even tho LGS isn't even used any more, but it is still required to install to make force feedback working. This applies for all games, so not only F1 games
All the Logitech wheels are just supported by all f1 games since they just work, also with force feedback. As long as you install the right software

Edited by UndercoverNL
  • Disagree 2
1 hour ago, UndercoverNL said:

So to answer this for once and for all. All Logitech wheels needs the Logitech game software AND GHUB to have force feedback working, only using 1 of them doesn't work. Even tho LGS isn't even used any more, but it is still required to install to make force feedback working. This applies for all games, so not only F1 games
All the Logitech wheels are just supported by all f1 games since they just work, also with force feedback. As long as you install the right software

Now I am fully confused. Other support treads I see Codemasters ask people to uninstall LGS with the geek uninstaller and then install GHUB. 

Now, should I uninstall everything with geek, then install LGS and then GHUB? And shall both programmes be active at the same time or only GHUB running?

1 hour ago, Wiborg83 said:

Now I am fully confused. Other support treads I see Codemasters ask people to uninstall LGS with the geek uninstaller and then install GHUB. 

Now, should I uninstall everything with geek, then install LGS and then GHUB? And shall both programmes be active at the same time or only GHUB running?

idk what "Geek" is. But you will need to have GHUB and LGS installed. I believe you don't even need to have GHUB running. 

It is generally known that you need to install LGS to have any Logitech steering wheels to work. Sadly enough GHUB doesn't install the required force feedback modules

Edited by UndercoverNL
4 minutes ago, UndercoverNL said:

idk what "Geek" is. But you will need to have GHUB and LGS installed. I believe you don't even need to have GHUB running. 

It is generally known that you need to install LGS to have any Logitech steering wheels to work. Sadly enough GHUB doesn't install the required force feedback modules

I have tried the suggested on a fresh reinstall of F1 2021 and have the following observations.

With only LGS installed:
- Wheel LED's work as expected during game
- Following force feedback modes works as expected, "On track effects, off track effects and rumble strip effects"
- Wheel Damper settings has no impact, no matter if set to 0 or 100, wheel can be turned very easily with absolutely no weight to it.

With only GHUB installed:
- Wheel LED's does not work during game
- No force feedback modes works in game.
- Even though the centering spring is disabled in GHUB, this is enabled during game.

With LGS and GHUB installed (no matter which software, or none is running) gives same output as with only LGS:
- Following force feedback modes works as expected, "On track effects, off track effects and rumble strip effects"
- Wheel Damper settings has no impact, no matter if set to 0 or 100, wheel can be turned very easily with absolutely no weight to it.

For all above, the suggestion with changing profile or DOR back and forth before starting game has been attempted, this has no effect on the results. 

@steviejay69 Any other suggestions? and for info, Logitech is contacted (with link to this tread), only get a standard reply that they will look into it and include in a future update (not that they mentioned or seemed to have any idea of what to include) 

I have no more ideas on how to solve this issue and if no one here can help me, I just have to hope that Steam will refund for the second time (have 4.7 hours in game, all spent on trouble shooting haven't done a fair racing lap yet 😞 )

14 minutes ago, Wiborg83 said:

I have tried the suggested on a fresh reinstall of F1 2021 and have the following observations.

With only LGS installed:

- Even though the centering spring is disabled in GHUB, this is enabled during game.

With LGS and GHUB installed (no matter which software, or none is running) gives same output as with only LGS:

For all above, the suggestion with changing profile or DOR back and forth before starting game has been attempted, this has no effect on the results. 

@steviejay69 Any other suggestions? and for info, Logitech is contacted (with link to this tread), only get a standard reply that they will look into it and include in a future update (not that they mentioned or seemed to have any idea of what to include) 

I have no more ideas on how to solve this issue and if no one here can help me, I just have to hope that Steam will refund for the second time (have 4.7 hours in game, all spent on trouble shooting haven't done a fair racing lap yet 😞 )

I always left that on default, so I don't know if that works on me. Inside GHUB you can set the centering strength of the wheel. You can try changing that a bit. I just installed LGS for all my Logitech wheels, which always fixed all my issues of force feedback.

7 hours ago, UndercoverNL said:

I always left that on default, so I don't know if that works on me. Inside GHUB you can set the centering strength of the wheel. You can try changing that a bit. I just installed LGS for all my Logitech wheels, which always fixed all my issues of force feedback.

I have tried every possible combination of options and settings and still no luck. Best I can get is ffb from the different vibration/rumble effects and then a wheel as light as if I was driving on ice 😞 
Really hope there is a solution for this. 

11 hours ago, Wiborg83 said:

With only LGS installed:

I had no issues whatsoever using GHub with the DOR fix on G923 in beta and F1 2020. Logitech know it is broken and except for that DOR issue for me the wheel is 100%. Due to the inability to test Social Play during beta I can't say that the online experience is the same. On PCs there are many things to check are not broken before we can check whether the game is at fault. They also have had specific feedback from more than one person about issues with GHub and the G wheels and they give the same response, that it will be fixed upstream. They did confirm that the only SDK that is active is GHub, LGS will never be touched, 9.02.65 is final / legacy.

I haven't used the Logitech in F1 2021 at all because the issue with the Thrustmaster wheels is more pressing (IMO).

I have had no issues with loss or fade of FFB in single player since applying a power settings fix that I've documented. Online sessions are different, there is a symptom and an issue with 'hotplugging' as a fix, which I've responded to Thrustmaster directly, it causes misdetection of the wheel as the default wheelbase mode is retained whereas I use both rims I have in Advanced mode. The symptom then is that F1 2021 shows many unconnected control schemes and treats my custom schema as unremovable (an issue I've seen elsewhere). Setting the driver mode and restarting the game fixes it. The game breaks it 100% (although not every lobby), I don't need to do anything other than play.

Whether the detection in default mode is Codemasters issue or a Thrustmaster one, I get no information on. Each side is passing the buck, but Thrustmaster seem very insistent to lean on Codemasters to report the issue until fixed.

Due to other issues around forum interaction, I'm not sure I'll be willing to put the time in to contribute further towards the issues. That's part of a wider discussion I'm yet to have but I'm sorry if that isn't what anyone wants to hear.

• Disagree 1
8 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

I had no issues whatsoever using GHub with the DOR fix on G923 in beta and F1 2020. 

Neither have I on F1 2020 (as already mentioned) But this support is for 2021!!

I haven't used the Logitech in F1 2021 at all

Do you then have anyone who is actually capable of providing support for the Logitech products (Which is claimed to be fully supported by the game)??

I have had no issues with loss or fade of FFB in single player since applying a power settings fix that I've documented. Online sessions are different, there is a symptom and an issue with 'hotplugging' as a fix, which I've responded to Thrustmaster directly, it causes misdetection of the wheel as the default wheelbase mode is retained whereas I use both rims I have in Advanced mode. The symptom then is that F1 2021 shows many unconnected control schemes and treats my custom schema as unremovable (an issue I've seen elsewhere). Setting the driver mode and restarting the game fixes it. The game breaks it 100% (although not every lobby), I don't need to do anything other than play.

Whether the detection in default mode is Codemasters issue or a Thrustmaster one, I get no information on. Each side is passing the buck, but Thrustmaster seem very insistent to lean on Codemasters to report the issue until fixed.

This is a support tread for Logitech wheels, not Thrustmasters!

Due to other issues around forum interaction, I'm not sure I'll be willing to put the time in to contribute further towards the issues. That's part of a wider discussion I'm yet to have but I'm sorry if that isn't what anyone wants to hear.

Okay, so no support for a wheel claimed to be supported by the game, then I really hope that Steam is willing to give me my money back, if not I will then 100% expect Codemasters to refund the product for me.......

1 hour ago, UndercoverNL said:

@Wiborg83as said multiple times in this threat, it just works for (almost) everyone, and is not a game related issue. You will need to talk to the Logitech support since it's a third party issue. 

People seem to just like to attack what I write because it isn't what they want to hear. His answer is in the thread and the tag.

• Agree 1
3 hours ago, UndercoverNL said:

@Wiborg83as said multiple times in this threat, it just works for (almost) everyone, and is not a game related issue. You will need to talk to the Logitech support since it's a third party issue. 

@UndercoverNL Are you official Codemaster support? If not please stop hijacking the support tread with suggestions which goes directly against the official Codemaster support. Thank you. 
Also, I am also talking to Logitech support, as mentioned during this support tread, but simply just label this as third party issue, without even having attempted to replicate or asked for anything additional from my side (logs, etc.) is simply a bit lazy from my point of view. 

• Disagree 1
2 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

People seem to just like to attack what I write because it isn't what they want to hear. His answer is in the thread and the tag.

@steviejay69I am not trying to attack you personally. It is my understanding that this is a official channel for Codemasters support and if anything, I am attacking the Codemaster, as a company, decision not to offer support for alleged supported products. 
I have also been trying to bring as much data and results as possible to better understand the problem in the expectation that the support would at least have tried it out before rejecting any further support. 

2 minutes ago, Wiborg83 said:

@UndercoverNL Are you official Codemaster support? If not please stop hijacking the support tread with suggestions which goes directly against the official Codemaster support. Thank you. 
Also, I am also talking to Logitech support, as mentioned during this support tread, but simply just label this as third party issue, without even having attempted to replicate or asked for anything additional from my side (logs, etc.) is simply a bit lazy from my point of view. 

This is a community support form, so don't expect to get only support from codemaster staff, and you did get support from "official support" (steviejay). I also sent you multiple solutions for using LGS. Also, you should be happy for receiving any kind of support at all on this form since this is a  third party issue and not a codemaster issue.

• Disagree 1

It is a bit endless to be fair.

Logitech will run rings around you, they know there is an issue with GHub (correctable with a workaround). LGS may work, but you shouldn't rely on it. Logitech have said that's it - when will users get with the program and get Logitech to fix GHub?

There were plenty of players ran into issues with W7 as it was out of support for the 2020 game and people insisted on using it with DX11 saying "last year's game worked - fix it".

Well the FFB .dll in GHub is the same as in the last LGS (from 2018) but the software on top (GHub) is trying to do too much. All they concentrate on is adding new devices and RGB. If that floats your boat, fine. But really they should ensure compatibility of existing peripherals and concentrate on getting GHub working well with all the G29/G920/G923 wheels.

Posted (edited)

Just an update. The issue can now be closed as I have after a long troubleshooting, finally narrowed down the root cause.

The cause of the FFB (wheel damper) not working, but all other functions working correctly (On track effects, off track effects and rumble strip effects) was a single wrong digit in OEM entry the registry database. The OEMData binaries under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\VID_046D&PID_C24F was 03 00 08 10 19 00 00 00, but shall be 43 00 08 10 19 00 00 00

Testing why this has been entered, it is found that when running Project Cars with the G29 connected, Project Cars software, for unknown reasons, changes the binaries back to 03 and this causes the G29 to no longer work correctly in F1 2021 (most likely also the case with earlier versions, but I haven't tested it for those). 

Solution is to manually make the change back to the OEMData entry in the registry editor after having used Project Cars. 
So, yes a third party issue, but not Logitech, now solved and the solution is here for others in case they have same problems. I have also sent the solution to Logitech and the Codemasters support email.

@steviejay69 Also good info I guess for any future support requests from anyone else having problems with a G29 with any of the F1 games to ask if they have PC2 and if yes, ask to check the OEMData.

Edited by Wiborg83
  • Thanks 1