Jump to content Jump to content

FFB issues - Logitech G29 - Game breaking issue!!!!!

14 minutes ago, Wiborg83 said:

Just an update. The issue can now be closed as I have after a long troubleshooting, finally narrowed down the root cause.

The cause of the FFB (wheel damper) not working, but all other functions working correctly (On track effects, off track effects and rumble strip effects) was a single wrong digit in OEM entry the registry database. The OEMData binaries under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\VID_046D&PID_C24F was 03 00 08 10 19 00 00 00, but shall be 43 00 08 10 19 00 00 00

Testing why this has been entered, it is found that when running Project Cars with the G29 connected, Project Cars software, for unknown reasons, changes the binaries back to 03 and this causes the G29 to no longer work correctly in F1 2021 (most likely also the case with earlier versions, but I haven't tested it for those). 

Solution is to manually make the change back to the OEMData entry in the registry editor after having used Project Cars. 
So, yes a third party issue, but not Logitech, now solved and the solution is here for others in case they have same problems. I have also sent the solution to Logitech and the Codemasters support email.

@steviejay69 Also good info I guess for any future support requests from anyone else having problems with a G29 with any of the F1 games to ask if they have PC2 and if yes, ask to check the OEMData.

The conflict with PCARS2 is actually well documented but we have no way of knowing what other games are installed. And really this issue should be patched as it's causing issues in other games like F1. 

I suppose PCARS2 is now Codemasters property seeing as they bought SMS. I have the game but never play it. Does changing the entry back break PCARS2?

1 hour ago, steviejay69 said:

The conflict with PCARS2 is actually well documented but we have no way of knowing what other games are installed. And really this issue should be patched as it's causing issues in other games like F1. 

Was actually in my first post that I tried out the wheel with PC2, but nevermind now 😉 And agree, amazing it hasn't been patched if it is a well know issue (I would wish I knew it a few weeks ago)

2 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Does changing the entry back break PCARS2?

I my testing, no it didn't break PC2, but changed back to 03 00 08 10 19 00 00 00 by it self and then needs to be changed manually to play F1 2021. 

32 minutes ago, Wiborg83 said:

Was actually in my first post that I tried out the wheel with PC2, but nevermind now 😉 And agree, amazing it hasn't been patched if it is a well know issue (I would wish I knew it a few weeks ago)

I my testing, no it didn't break PC2, but changed back to 03 00 08 10 19 00 00 00 by it self and then needs to be changed manually to play F1 2021. 

@LogiUK do we know why this situation persists or is it something the PCARS devs did?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2021 at 9:40 PM, Wiborg83 said:

I have tried the suggested on a fresh reinstall of F1 2021 and have the following observations.

With only LGS installed:
- Wheel LED's work as expected during game
- Following force feedback modes works as expected, "On track effects, off track effects and rumble strip effects"
- Wheel Damper settings has no impact, no matter if set to 0 or 100, wheel can be turned very easily with absolutely no weight to it.

With only GHUB installed:
- Wheel LED's does not work during game
- No force feedback modes works in game.
- Even though the centering spring is disabled in GHUB, this is enabled during game.

With LGS and GHUB installed (no matter which software, or none is running) gives same output as with only LGS:
- Wheel LED's work as expected during game
- Following force feedback modes works as expected, "On track effects, off track effects and rumble strip effects"
- Wheel Damper settings has no impact, no matter if set to 0 or 100, wheel can be turned very easily with absolutely no weight to it.

For all above, the suggestion with changing profile or DOR back and forth before starting game has been attempted, this has no effect on the results. 

@steviejay69 Any other suggestions? and for info, Logitech is contacted (with link to this tread), only get a standard reply that they will look into it and include in a future update (not that they mentioned or seemed to have any idea of what to include) 

I have no more ideas on how to solve this issue and if no one here can help me, I just have to hope that Steam will refund for the second time (have 4.7 hours in game, all spent on trouble shooting haven't done a fair racing lap yet 😞 )

just bought my first steering wheel G29, and feel strange how the steering wheel is very loose while playing F1 2021. spent a whole day to find is it normal or not. then find your reply. exactly the same issue. is it solved now?

• 2 weeks later...

Also happening on xbox cost me 2 league races due to cutting in an out, completely unacceptable for a game that's been launched for so long and again today it happened again no ffb what so ever resulting in crashing get this sorted it beyond a joke now by far the worst release of any f1 game.

6 minutes ago, Izidoro said:

My G29 when I'm playing it doesn't make the turns even putting 270 degrees 360 the car comes in skidding and doesn't make the corners

Does the in-game wheel turn as you'd expect in relation to you turning your wheel?

My gut reaction is your difficulty is likely down to how you're driving rather than the wheel...

I had an issue on my G27 playing F1 2021 when my xbox controller was also connected to my PC.

The game seemed to be confused about which controller was default. It was mixing FFB distribution between both controllers and the feeling was like to drive on ice with my G27.

So I just unplugged my xbox controller and restarted the game... now everything works perfectly.

Edited by LocoVarrido
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2021 at 6:32 PM, 2N2 said:

just bought my first steering wheel G29, and feel strange how the steering wheel is very loose while playing F1 2021. spent a whole day to find is it normal or not. then find your reply. exactly the same issue. is it solved now?

No it is not fixed. If you use Project Cars 2 (PC2) you will have to go in an change the numbers in the registry database as described, before starting F1 2021. 
Note, it will only have to be done once after having used PC2. It will then stay correct until the time you use PC2 again, after which the process must be repeated.