Jump to content Jump to content

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, ShelbyUSA said:

There is no hairpin turn 10. @BarryBL

All previously featured circuits are based on the 2020 season. The three new circuits will be created using the 2021 season lay-out.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2
1 hour ago, BarryBL said:

All previously featured circuits are based on the 2020 season. The three new circuits will be created using the 2021 season lay-out.

Well, then there should be an update to F1 2020 because when I buy the game 2021, I expect the 2021 season, not 2020 xD

• Agree 3
14 hours ago, AndRe5550148 said:

Well, then there should be an update to F1 2020 because when I buy the game 2021, I expect the 2021 season, not 2020 xD

you are clearly dumb enough  not to understand why is it that way

• Disagree 3
28 minutes ago, Expertracer6289 said:

will it ever be updated ?

Not this year.  I'm not all that skilled with the crystal ball so I can't say if they'll ever change it in the future as they may really like the current layout and will drag their heels until 2050 when the complaints are getting too much but early rumours are that unless the track is different again for next year, it'll replicate the actual layout from this year.

The easiest way to think of it is a cut-off date.  For example; say 1st Jan.  Whatever the current plan for all the season tracks is then set in stone from that magical date.  Hence why you have tracks that aren't on the calendar and layouts that are incorrect.    The earlier notice they have, the more chance of implementation and I guess it is case by case on what changes are feasible in the timeframe available.

Should be easily achievable for 2022, providing there are no other revolutionary changes, or reversion to previous track layout. 

• Agree 1
5 minutes ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

Not this year.  I'm not all that skilled with the crystal ball so I can't say if they'll ever change it in the future as they may really like the current layout and will drag their heels until 2050 when the complaints are getting too much but early rumours are that unless the track is different again for next year, it'll replicate the actual layout from this year.

The easiest way to think of it is a cut-off date.  For example; say 1st Jan.  Whatever the current plan for all the season tracks is then set in stone from that magical date.  Hence why you have tracks that aren't on the calendar and layouts that are incorrect.    The earlier notice they have, the more chance of implementation and I guess it is case by case on what changes are feasible in the timeframe available.

Should be easily achievable for 2022, providing there are no other revolutionary changes, or reversion to previous track layout. 

yh but why should you make a game with the f1 2020 tracks on the 2021 layout that doesnt make sence the only thing from the actual f1 2021 season are the liveries thats it theres nothing more then that and thats verry dissepointed for alot of people 

• Agree 2
20 minutes ago, Expertracer6289 said:

yh but why should you make a game with the f1 2020 tracks on the 2021 layout that doesnt make sence the only thing from the actual f1 2021 season are the liveries thats it theres nothing more then that and thats verry dissepointed for alot of people 

It's been known for months that the new layouts and tracks wouldn't be there at launch. Nothing new. People could choose to not buy it but have anyway. The 3 circuits being added will come soon, new layouts will get implemented next year for the new game. 

There's more than just liveries as well, new car models obviously. Every track has had a visual overhaul, new damage modelling, new lighting and textures for next gen etc. There's way more than "just liveries".

19 minutes ago, Expertracer6289 said:

Yeah, this (and the other track changes like Australia and Abu Dhabi) were a very common discussion point in the 2020 forums.  Generally everyone agreed that it would have been preferable to have the correct versions of the tracks in the game but then the camp gets divided into those that see why they couldn't be done and those that view it isn't acceptable to have incorrect tracks regardless.

Nobody is particularly in the wrong but hopefully there will be a steadier calendar next year without things dropping in and out and major track overhauls and a higher proportion of people will be happier. 

2 minutes ago, magpieracer48 said:

It's been known for months that the new layouts and tracks wouldn't be there at launch. Nothing new. People could choose to not buy it but have anyway. The 3 circuits being added will come soon, new layouts will get implemented next year for the new game. 

There's more than just liveries as well, new car models obviously. Every track has had a visual overhaul, new damage modelling, new lighting and textures for next gen etc. There's way more than "just liveries".

yh oke true sorry for my rudness

It has been known for months but that doesn’t make it right...

Also, it’s known within these forums but maybe not to the wider audience. I mean, they can’t exactly market it can they - come on everyone buy our new F1 2021 game... it has all the tracks, hang on no, some of the tracks actually raced on in 2020... the new tracks in 2021, errr no, they’re coming late, the updates to tracks in 2021, errr no, we couldn’t get to that either. But come on guys please buy our new game!

21 minutes ago, kalamazoo123 said:

It has been known for months but that doesn’t make it right...

Also, it’s known within these forums but maybe not to the wider audience. I mean, they can’t exactly market it can they - come on everyone buy our new F1 2021 game... it has all the tracks, hang on no, some of the tracks actually raced on in 2020... the new tracks in 2021, errr no, they’re coming late, the updates to tracks in 2021, errr no, we couldn’t get to that either. But come on guys please buy our new game!

I didn't say it made it right, you could argue all day whether it does or doesn't. What the knowledge does is it very much makes it your choice as to whether you go ahead and purchase knowing this or not. You can't have the knowledge, buy it anyway, then complain about buying an "unfinished" or "out of date" game, when you knew what you were buying. And it wasn't just in these forums, basically every major gaming website had interviews with the team and virtually every single one confirmed this. Those spending extra to buy deluxe versions and preorder the game will have done at least a small amount of research and reading beforehand. 

Just now, AndRe5550148 said:

You're stupid enough to pay them the full amount for the F1 2020 copies

Now now both, play nicely. 

Personal attacks aren't remotely helpful and I expect will be removed before long. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

Now now both, play nicely. 

Personal attacks aren't remotely helpful and I expect will be removed before long. 

They can remove it, and it does not mean that codemasters has not updated the tracks for 5 years, the second thing is let people pay the whole thing for the copy of 2020, I'll wait.

23 minutes ago, AndRe5550148 said:

They can remove it, and it does not mean that codemasters has not updated the tracks for 5 years, the second thing is let people pay the whole thing for the copy of 2020, I'll wait.

On the contrary, I don't imagine they'll have any problems with your opinions. You're entitled to them, particularly if they do have validity.

However, the interactions with other members of the forum violate the Forum Rules that you both agreed to abide by so just advising more courtesy on both sides. 

5 minutes ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

On the contrary, I don't imagine they'll have any problems with your opinions. You're entitled to them, particularly if they do have validity.

However, the interactions with other members of the forum violate the Forum Rules that you both agreed to abide by so just advising more courtesy on both sides. 

I express my opinion about the game and the guy calls me "stupid" so I give him the same 😉

20 hours ago, BarryBL said:

What?! This is again not a clear answer. This means just the three new tracks (Imola, Portimao, Jeddah) will be updated? 
Not the previous circuits (Spain, Melbourne, Abu Dhabi) ???

The communication is horrible about the previous tracks with new layouts. What will happen to them? You will update them or not?!

We ask for a clear announcement. @BarryBL

3 minutes ago, FIE said:

What?! This is again not a clear answer. This means just the three new tracks (Imola, Portimao, Jeddah) will be updated? 
Not the previous circuits (Spain, Melbourne, Abu Dhabi) ???

The communication is horrible about the previous tracks with new layouts. What will happen to them? You will update them or not?!

We ask for a clear announcement. @BarryBL

I dunno, mate.  That sounds pretty definitive. 

The previous tracks with new layouts will not be updated. (Spain, Australia, Abu Dhabi, Baku, etc)

The new ones (Imola, Portimao and Jeddah) will be their 2021 configuration. 

That's the party line they've stuck to for the last few months and it's not changing now.  I'd be happy if my driving was as consistent as their statements on this. 

3 minutes ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

I dunno, mate.  That sounds pretty definitive. 

The previous tracks with new layouts will not be updated. (Spain, Australia, Abu Dhabi, Baku, etc)

The new ones (Imola, Portimao and Jeddah) will be their 2021 configuration. 

That's the party line they've stuck to for the last few months and it's not changing now.  I'd be happy if my driving was as consistent as their statements on this. 

It would be the biggest scandal in the history of F1 games! Especially when we talk about the new Layout from Spain, which already exist in the game. We all could drive the new racing line, but the AI is too stupid to follow. I have to say, they already knew since many months, that Spain will open the new hairpin turn 10. Are they drinking too much coffee? All they have to do is program the new racing line. Are they serious?! 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
1 minute ago, FIE said:

It would be the biggest scandal in the history of F1 games! 

I mean, okay? I suppose I can't think of another scandal :classic_laugh:

They have said multiple times they won't be updating the Spain or Aussie circuits this year though, most people posting here are over it. 

Australia is out of the calendar so you can let it go, but Spain should be updated and Abu Dhabi should be updated as well, but it may be at a later date when the race is actually going to take place there.
I think this is what they should do if they are unable to do Turkey.

Just now, FIE said:

It would be the biggest scandal in the history of F1 games! Especially when we talk about the new Layout from Spain, which already exist in the game. We all could drive the new racing line, but the AI is too stupid to follow. I have to say, they already knew since many months, that Spain will open the new hairpin turn 10. Are they drinking too much coffee? All they have to do is program the new racing line. Are they serious?! 

I don't know, I think Bottas making Hamilton his whipping boy in last years game was a pretty big scandal if you ask the right people. 

Well, you could drive the racing line but it's not as simple as just programming a new racing line and a 5 minute job.   Much more knowledgeable minds than me will be able to explain far better than I can.  Somewhere in there, CptBalloonhands explains about updating it on Page 2 of the track questions forum.  I'm sure he could expand on it with further points, if he was so inclined, but as a summation, it's pretty good. 

This came out months ago, i'm afraid. It may be that it is a massive scandal to a significant amount of people but unfortunately I don't think it'll get the outrage you expected on this forum as most people have just accepted it now.