Jump to content Jump to content

Unbalanced AI on Zandvoort

I get that the general difficulty of the AI is getting slightly increased every game, but this is way out of proportions.

On 80% difficulty, the AI is doing 1.10 or even 1.09 laptimes during the race.

I understand that in F1 2020, zandvoort used to be more of a weakspot for the AI but even then on 110 difficulty the fastest lap times are around 1.10.5 (see towards the ending of both videos)

This is absolutely out of proportion.

If you play the game yourself you will notice the AI basically full throttling down turn 8 which is where you loose around 0.5s, that's not an increase that's just unrealistic driving that can't be replicated on your own respective usual AI difficulty (I tend to drive around 90-100 but turned it down to 80 for the start of the game) no matter the car setup. You can't justify a .5s faster AI on 30% lower difficulty. 

20210714180359_1.thumb.jpg.a8de368b1613b2c29f375ffd20861256.jpg

• Agree 1

I've had no issues at Zandvoort in F2 at 85, yet to try F1, although I do seem to remember the race there in Braking Point felt a bit tougher than usual, had that on middle difficulty.

I have noticed it too, but there are parts that I gain too much too, the AI are super fast then super slow, but they do that brake testing thing where they brake hard just as they are about to accelerate out of a corner which makes it hard to follow them through and slows their exit speed. Was really hard to race them in Braking Point and I had to race pretty aggressive to keep a good pace overall. And that was using an easier AI than I should have been on. I feel the AI need just smoothing a little? If that's not just over simplifying the issue?

• Agree 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm in season 2 of my team. I have the best car on the grid. I won the previous race from pole and I got knocked out in Q1 of Zandvoort with a 1:09.600. first place in Q1 did a 1:07.300 and this is on 90 AI diff!