Jump to content Jump to content

Damage being a joke

57 minutes ago, s00zster said:

I've got Damage and Damage Rate settings both on Simulation. I've been in a few crashes but have yet to see any sidepod, floor, rear wing diffuser damage on the MFD. The most damage I've seen anywhere was I crashed into a wall and have another car plough into the side of my car at full speed before being forced to retire. I went back to the replay and checked in photo mode and I literally had one tiny little chip on the floor on the side of the car that was hit. You had to look really hard to spot it.

New damage, it seems, isn't sensitive enough, or isn't at the same sensitivity as front wing damage, which is a massive shame and would hope this could be corrected. I'm on PC, by the way.

Edit: I'll also add that the new damage, along with flatspots and engine failures was really clincher for me buying the game this year, as F1 2020 was starting to have me a bit disillusioned (I've personally had 1 mechanical failure so far 9 races into my F2 career, and I've got both settings for that at max). Plus, the new damage areas don't appear to be moddable, otherwise I would be tweaking these things for myself.

Be interesting if F2 maybe are diluted? I have been playing MyTeam career and had damage but like you say the floor doesn't show on the MFD but I do feel it, the sensitivity is pretty intense for me I was really struggle to handle it, I did a test in practice too where I was purposefully hammering the rear wing, you got to do these things.. The look was very poor, only after several times did the cracks show but the physical feeling was instant. Definitely a bit of tweaking to do.

I refund the game because the joking damage model. 

Any developer response why they reverse damage changes and could not improve it in 1 year of development to be at least as equal as in F1 Challenge '99-'02? 

On 7/19/2021 at 7:58 PM, s00zster said:

I've got Damage and Damage Rate settings both on Simulation. I've been in a few crashes but have yet to see any sidepod, floor, rear wing diffuser damage on the MFD. The most damage I've seen anywhere was I crashed into a wall and have another car plough into the side of my car at full speed before being forced to retire. I went back to the replay and checked in photo mode and I literally had one tiny little chip on the floor on the side of the car that was hit. You had to look really hard to spot it.

New damage, it seems, isn't sensitive enough, or isn't at the same sensitivity as front wing damage, which is a massive shame and would hope this could be corrected. I'm on PC, by the way.

Edit: I'll also add that the new damage, along with flatspots and engine failures was really clincher for me buying the game this year, as F1 2020 was starting to have me a bit disillusioned (I've personally had 1 mechanical failure so far 9 races into my F2 career, and I've got both settings for that at max). Plus, the new damage areas don't appear to be moddable, otherwise I would be tweaking these things for myself.

I think it is a question of MFD not showing properly, the tests I've made some side to side contact indeed impaired my car a bit, though it doesnt show.

In Singapore after the 5 lap programme my underbody went a 10m repair and couldn't really tell if I had loss of downforce by damage, wear or tyre temp.

I think the worst thing here is that no one from Codemasters replied.

@BarryBL The new damage model has been the biggest and most welcomed novelty introduced in this year game. Seeing these differences from preview build and day one release is disappointing ad a bit frustrating. I dont want to sound unrespectful, but you guys have replied to less important topics about kerbs when the only problem was the driver not applying the right set-up. Here we have 2k+ views and 50+ replies but still no answer.

Even something like: "it's a new gen only feature", "PC version doesn't have that", or even "it's a MFD bug, it will be fixed later on" would be great, at least we would know that there's nothing shady going on.

I know this might sound harsh, but try to put yourself in the shoes of ours, we had a huge hype about this new damage model, I spammed the videos about it to all my friends and now... I can't even see a small bend in my rear wing.

Edited by thatdc
  • Agree 2

I am playing on Xbox Series S and didn't have any issue with damage so far. Sometimes I got rear wing damage by hitting a wall with my rear end, sometimes even sidepod damage and underbody, playing on simulation for both parameters. Only issue was a little bit of damage to my front wing that was only a tad bit of a lighter green compared to the other front wing side on the Mfd and it was confirmed during the beta program that the color scale is based on the damage percentage.

The only thing missing is visual damage, and if compared to the beta I am actually fine with the fact that the rear wing doesn't get visual damage as I did not like it and it was unrealistic, they could have kept the side samage of the car.

• Agree 1
18 minutes ago, Henricus12 said:

I am playing on Xbox Series S and didn't have any issue with damage so far. Sometimes I got rear wing damage by hitting a wall with my rear end, sometimes even sidepod damage and underbody, playing on simulation for both parameters. Only issue was a little bit of damage to my front wing that was only a tad bit of a lighter green compared to the other front wing side on the Mfd and it was confirmed during the beta program that the color scale is based on the damage percentage.

The only thing missing is visual damage, and if compared to the beta I am actually fine with the fact that the rear wing doesn't get visual damage as I did not like it and it was unrealistic, they could have kept the side samage of the car.

Thank you for the feedback, did you also experience any damage to the floor while riding high sausage kerbs?

7 minutes ago, thatdc said:

Thank you for the feedback, did you also experience any damage to the floor while riding high sausage kerbs?

Had floor damage but not sure if it could be related to kerbs. I'll try and let you know!