Jump to content Jump to content

Very hard to do Eau Rouge flat out. Its incredible how the handling moved backwards. Its like we are in F1 2018 again. On 2020 Eau Rouge was flat out, now its impossible to do it without spinning

• Disagree 5
25 minutes ago, faldon3005 said:

Very hard to do Eau Rouge flat out

One of the view remaining, challenging passages IRL F1. What do you expect? Drive through like with Mario Kart, no matter what? If we look at F1 2021 as a simulation (do we?) then it should just be possible to do Eau Rouge flat out if you got everything right. If you dont, it should not. If that is the case in the game, then they nailed it, didnt they?

• Agree 3
2 hours ago, faldon3005 said:

Very hard to do Eau Rouge flat out. Its incredible how the handling moved backwards. Its like we are in F1 2018 again. On 2020 Eau Rouge was flat out, now its impossible to do it without spinning

Handling hasn't gone backwards; it has improved bigtime IMO.  Your driving style just hasn't caught up to it yet.  Kind of like the Mercedes and AM cars haven't really caught up to the loss of rear downforce yet.  

The thing I love most about the new handling is my first time to every track feels new again.  What I did last year doesn't work for me anymore.  It's not like it was a huge change either, but enough to feel different, and more realistic, and yeah, maybe its frustrating I can't do what I've always done especially if im struggling for speed.  It sure has been a blast though for me cruising around trying to figure out new ways to find the edge of control and push the car to its limits again.  As much of a copy/paste as F12021 is outside of braking point it's really refreshing to me that it feels so different.

Edited by petro1319
  • Agree 1

Has the handling moved backwards, or do you have too much front toe and a low ride height? It is flat out if you take the perfect line, but if you are off on the angles a little then you need to back off the throttle a little or wreck, or invalidate your lap.

Did you experiment with setup at all before you arrived at your conclusion? Details help. I quit playing Belgium for a while because I would always crash there randomly in a race. It was infuriating. Then I tried again with less front toe, and it was easy flat with no random spins. The setups aren't really accurate to real life, but part of the skill in the game is tweaking the settings and being able to feel the handling changes. Some people are really good at this, the rest of us arent.

• Like 1