F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

What was your last purchase

@TURBODEVIN19 Take it back and get an Xbox One controller instead :p Feels much nicer in the hands and the sticks and triggers are hugely improved. Plus you can plug it in with any micro USB cable :)
I thought about that but it's too expensive for the few games I'll play with it, I've got a steering wheel for my racing games and prefer mouse/keyboard for shooters. Besides Toybox Turbos I only use it for Super Meat Boy at the moment.

I went for a change in colour. I like it so far, just waiting for Lollipop to be released on it then I'll start delving deep into the features. Camera is ace though.

Got the same colour as me :smile: . Think Lollipop is due to drop in February. I've just slapped the Google Now Launcher on my phone so it's more like the Nexus phones and I'm loving it.

@TURBODEVIN19 Take it back and get an Xbox One controller instead :p Feels much nicer in the hands and the sticks and triggers are hugely improved. Plus you can plug it in with any micro USB cable :)
I thought about that but it's too expensive for the few games I'll play with it, I've got a steering wheel for my racing games and prefer mouse/keyboard for shooters. Besides Toybox Turbos I only use it for Super Meat Boy at the moment.
Same here really I only use my controller really for playing Fifa or aby platformer type games like Sonic Generations or whatever

Platy said:
I went for a change in colour. I like it so far, just waiting for Lollipop to be released on it then I'll start delving deep into the features. Camera is ace though.
I can't do white phones, I probably could if the iPhone's didn't start the whole white craze, but it just reminds me of them now lol. Otherwise the Z3 is a gorgeous phone, and the camera is one of the things I want it for most :) 

My ears need the comfort, screw the bank account.

And I think I could be considered a Corsair fanboy now :# The products I own from them are 2x cases, SSD, RAM, CPU cooler, multiple PSU's, braided PSU cables, every fan in my system with a couple for spare, keyboard, mouse, and now headset :p 

Purchased this a while ago, had to wait for it to arrive. Finally got it yesterday and spent this evening building it.

She might not look like much...

Latest purchases are two CD's. They couldn't contrast eachother more. One was an album full of calm celtic music and the other was an album by a band called Chthonic that I had heard on youtube and bought pretty much there and then.

Found this video and thought I'd post it here after seeing that Lego build.

http://youtu.be/GRtXd1eiH-s

Ahhh, that explains a lot. Most Instagram users were dumb enough to buy an iPhone, so taking pictures of their food is to be expected ;)
I have an IPhone and have never been on Instagram, nor do I know what it is. 

Hughesy said:
Ahhh, that explains a lot. Most Instagram users were dumb enough to buy an iPhone, so taking pictures of their food is to be expected ;)
I did say 'most' :p Though why you have an iPhone I have no idea, woulda thought Android would suit you way more!

Hughesy said:
I did say 'most' :p Though why you have an iPhone I have no idea, woulda thought Android would suit you way more!
Nope, I did have everything Andriod but lots of stuff comes out for IOS first and then Andriod later. My car can interact with my phone, like being able to change songs using the media system screen. With Andriod that wasn't supported with my VW Golf, so you need to use the phone which is illegal while driving ;)

As an OS Andriod isn't optimized as well as IOS. You can have much higher specs with an Andriod phone, and it only performs the same as an IPhone. Apps like Face Time are also awesome, so I can video call my mate that lives in Austria for free :) Not saying one is better than the other as both have pros & cons, but for me IOS is a lot better, so I wouldn't say to anyone they're stupid for buying one over the other like you :p

Maybe not in your VW Golf, but other cars do support Android phones ;) 

And sure, IOS is well optimised, but I don't imagine it's hard to do when the software is so stupidly basic. Customisation on an iPhone is changing the wallpaper, customisation on Android is installing completely modded version which give you the freedom to change absolutely everything to the way you want. And even an unrooted Android device has different launchers for huge amounts of customisation. As far as I'm aware, none of that is possible with a crApple device :p 

Plus, lets compare the iPhone 6 with a Sony Xperia Z3, seeing as both are the current flagships for each brand.

iPhone 6                                         Z3
Screen size:         4.7"                                                5.2"
Resolution:         1334x750                                       1920x1080
CPU:                   1.4Ghz Dual Core                         2.5Ghz Quad core
RAM:                  1GB                                              3GB
Storage:               16GB, 64GB, 128GB, No SD      16GB, 32GB, SD Card up to 128GB
Battery:               1810 mAh                                     3100 mAh
Camera:               8MP, 1080p vid                            20.7MP, 4K vid
F. Camera:           1.2MP 720p vid                            2.2MP 1080p vid
Bends:                 Yes                                                No
Fappening:          Yes                                                No

Cheapest Price:    £539                                             £479

Why pay more for a device that is technologically inferior, and doesn't give you any freedom with the software? The technology in an iPhone 6 was good in 2010/2011, but we're in 2015, and it infuriates me that people still bum Apple even thought they're being completely ripped off and paying through the arse for a name that's just a fad.                

Maybe not in your VW Golf, but other cars do support Android phones ;) 

And sure, IOS is well optimised, but I don't imagine it's hard to do when the software is so stupidly basic. Customisation on an iPhone is changing the wallpaper, customisation on Android is installing completely modded version which give you the freedom to change absolutely everything to the way you want. And even an unrooted Android device has different launchers for huge amounts of customisation. As far as I'm aware, none of that is possible with a crApple device :p 

Plus, lets compare the iPhone 6 with a Sony Xperia Z3, seeing as both are the current flagships for each brand.

iPhone 6                                         Z3
Screen size:         4.7"                                                5.2"
Resolution:         1334x750                                       1920x1080
CPU:                   1.4Ghz Dual Core                         2.5Ghz Quad core
RAM:                  1GB                                              3GB
Storage:               16GB, 64GB, 128GB, No SD      16GB, 32GB, SD Card up to 128GB
Battery:               1810 mAh                                     3100 mAh
Camera:               8MP, 1080p vid                            20.7MP, 4K vid
F. Camera:           1.2MP 720p vid                            2.2MP 1080p vid
Bends:                 Yes                                                No
Fappening:          Yes                                                No

Cheapest Price:    £539                                             £479

Why pay more for a device that is technologically inferior, and doesn't give you any freedom with the software? The technology in an iPhone 6 was good in 2010/2011, but we're in 2015, and it infuriates me that people still bum Apple even thought they're being completely ripped off and paying through the arse for a name that's just a fad.                
The same reason you buy Nvidia over AMD, not necessarily the fastest but they are the best. My IPhone doesn't bend, and like I said the specs are lower but perform better than Andriods with higher specs.

Pretty much all new cars support IPhones but not Android, the reason being Andriod is so fragmented compared to iOS. And Im not talking about just being able to play music via Bluetooth as most cars can do that, I'm on about being able to completly control my phone using my cars screen.

Im not sure why it infuriates you that people buy IPhones, 1 it's got nothing to do with you,  2 it doesn't affect you in anyway and 3, you pay a lot more for say GTX 980 compared to AMD 290x yet there's not much between them. It's the same with Intel CPUs, an i5 quad core is faster than an AMD 6 core.

Its also commonly known that Andriod is a resource hog, so needs higher specs which also means a larger battery to power the higher specs.

Again I couldn't care less what others like, it's not up to me to say or judge what others buy. It's just seems to be what people like to do, people hate on Apple like they do with Xbox One, yet you bought that which costs more than the more powerful PS4 ;)

Anyway let's end this now as it'll just go around in circles, you like what you like and that's fine. I bashed Apple for ages until I actually bought the IPad Air and found that I really like it.

Edit: I forget to say, there's many things you can change on Apple products without rooting, I told you this a while back. I'm not sure why it's matters though, if something works so great without modding it why change it?  

They don't perform better though :p Performance-wise there isn't much between the 2 devices, and if anything the Z3 will perform better than the iP6, either way you are still getting less but paying more. 

As for cars, why would you want to control your phone from the cars screen? You still have to look away from the road to do so, so it's still just as dangerous lol.

It infuriates me because a lot of the people who come to the classes I run are like "I want an iPhone because they are the best" or "My family told me to get an iPad because they are the best", but they aren't!!! You can buy an Android tablet for £120 less that will do the exact same thing lol. And some apps that cost on the Apple devices, are free on Android. I'm doing what I can to save people money they don't need to spend on a device that seems to be aimed at simpletons (and I'm not calling you one, just saying that the software layout is extremely basic). 
As for the GPU comparison, the 980 is a fair bit better than a 290X, uses less power for better results, gets driver updates pretty much monthly, has ShadowPlay and had DSR to itself to begin with. 
And yea, an i5 quad core is faster than an AMD 6 core, but say the i5 is running something that's a system hog, and the 6 core is running something extremely basic and light, gonna be hardly any difference, except in this case you're paying more for the 6 core than you are for the i5.

So, cancelling out battery and higher spec internals, what about the screen size, resolution, and video recording resolutions? Plus the storage expandibility too.

Xbox One is cheaper than a PS4 now ;)

And we will go around in circles, but it's a fun debate right? ;) For me I hated Apple from the very beginning, then I tried an iPad and my brothers old iPhone, and it made me dislike them even more. Once I actually got to see what they gave you for the price being charged I was outraged.

Because looking at the same icons and the same layout day in and day out gets boring and the device just stagnates. The only reason I've been able to put up with my S3 for nearly 2 years and still actually kinda have a soft-spot for it really is because I've been able to change the entire layout whenever I've wanted to. For a while it makes it feel like an entirely different thing altogether :)