F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

What was your last purchase

Hughesy said:
Ok, dentist rescheduled for next Friday now lol. Won't be running after any vans screaming 'stop!' now ;)
See, who needs teeth, PC always comes first :joy: 
you wouldn't be saying that if they were driving you insane with pain.

Hughesy said:
Ok, dentist rescheduled for next Friday now lol. Won't be running after any vans screaming 'stop!' now ;)
See, who needs teeth, PC always comes first :joy: 
you wouldn't be saying that if they were driving you insane with pain.
Nothing a pair of pliers couldn't sort out....  :p

Suppose I should add this in here! Got such an awesome deal on it, 10GB of double speed 4G data, unlimited calls and texts, full cover and insurance, unlimited free calls and texts from anywhere in the EU, all for £32.49 a month with a one off payment of £59.99 for the phone. And the best part, my brother works for EE so the 40% discount he applied to my account kicks in from the second months bill onward, meaning I'm paying £19.49 a month for all of that B)

Lukedfrt said:
Put it in water!!
Lol, hell no :p If you have a look HERE there's a bunch of stories from people who put it in water, it stopped working, then Sony wouldn't honor the warranty. The only water mine will be seeing is when I'm out and about and it's raining :p 

Ain't no way :p No point in risking a £400 phone when Sony won't honour the warranty for water damage. 
Agree, stupid to do that. If there was even a tiny manufacturing error it would ruin it. They can be submerged, but really it's just a pr stunt to say "hay this phone can do this" so it kinda stands out. Really it's just a good thing for when it's raining hard while using the phone.

For me it's one of those things where if you put it in the washing machine by accident (done that before) or drop it into the sink or bath then it's useful, but I'm not gonna test it just in case there is a small defect that affects the waterproofing like Hughesy said.

I tried to resist! It won't replace my N7, but to have a mini version of my OS on a tablet will be sweet :)

For the price I paid though it's great, £65 on eBay for this: 

• 8" IPS Display, 1280 x 800 pixels. Microsoft Office preinstalled.
  • Intel Baytrail - T Quad-core CPU @ 1.8GHz with Intel HD graphics, and 1 x micro HDMI port and 1 Micro USB 2.0.

Display:

• 8 inch screen.
  • Resolution 1280 x 800 pixels.
  • Multi-touch screen.
  • Support for simultaneous display of multiple languages.

Specifications:

• 1.8GHz Quad-Core Processor processor. (It's actually 1.33GHz but boosts up to 1.83)
  • Intel Bay-Trail CR Quad-Core .
  • 1GB RAM.
  • 32 GB SSD.
  • Windows 8.1.

General features:

• Built-in speaker.
  • Front camera.
  • Wi-Fi enabled.
  • 3.5mm stereo headphone jack.
  • Microphone.
  • microSDHC memory card slot.
  • Micro USB.

Additional information:

• Up to 6 hours battery life (depending on usage).
  • 8.6mm thin.
  • Size H215, W123cm.

If I were to get a new tablet (which I won't for a long time) I'd probably get a windows tablet, maybe a surface pro or something, as its a tablet/laptop. Pretty good specs for the price mate. Let me know how you get on with it. :)

Hughesy said:
If I were to get a new tablet (which I won't for a long time) I'd probably get a windows tablet, maybe a surface pro or something, as its a tablet/laptop. Pretty good specs for the price mate. Let me know how you get on with it. :)
I did look at the Surface 1 (£100 from some sellers) but I really didn't want one with RT on it :p The Surface Pro is amazing though, had someone bring one into work and it was just fantastic to use! Then I saw the price and decided maybe when it drops to around £250 lol, 4 or 5 years from now ;)

Watched a few vids of the one I bought on YT before pressing buy, it looks pretty damn snappy :) Skip to around 1:25 in this vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oj1iNofYfI

Wow that starts really fast, pretty awesome for the price. I hope Microsoft start to get a bigger market share, as that'll mean more innovation from Andriod and Apple. :)

Hughesy said:
Wow that starts really fast, pretty awesome for the price. I hope Microsoft start to get a bigger market share, as that'll mean more innovation from Andriod and Apple. :)
It's actually pretty close to the boot time of my main PC :) Looking forward to having a play with it dude lol, gonna try a few light games and Steam in-home streaming too to see what it's capable of, but even if it can't game it's all good, being able to use full desktop programs on a tablet is more than enough for me!

Definitely agree on that, Microsoft are actually giving 8.1 free of charge now to manufacturers of devices with screens 10" and smaller, so it'd be cool to see them start expanding. Plus the fact that any of these devices will also get the free W10 upgrade is sweet!

I have a friends 18th party on Saturday so currently regret level is at 0. Sunday morning it'll be around an 8 or an 9. 

I have a friends 18th party on Saturday so currently regret level is at 0. Sunday morning it'll be around an 8 or an 9. 
Your gonna feel it come sunday morning haha

I got this

Being  a fan of Star Trek and having an eye on this for a while figured it was time to take the plunge and watch this. Watched the occasional episode on TV before but not the whole series

Being  a fan of Star Trek and having an eye on this for a while figured it was time to take the plunge and watch this. Watched the occasional episode on TV before but not the whole series
Big fan of Andromeda too and also have started collecting the seasons.

Big fan of Andromeda too and also have started collecting the seasons.
Yeah it's worked on by the asme people who worked on Star Trek especially the DS9 series. TNG is my favourite but DS9 was a very solid series as well. Based on the episodes I've watched of Andromeda it looks good but seeing as I don' t know the whole story as I hadn't watched the whole series. Recently bought the Halo Nightfall series as well as that was recently released on DVD. I intended to watch Nightfall as it looked pretty good but In the end I only really got as far as the second episode and then completely forgot all about it as I had finished with my initial MCC playthrough by then and moved onto something else. At least now I'll be able to see that too now.

Hughesy said:
This is my most recent purchase.

HARDCORE
Ted Kravitz would be proud. :joy: 
I'm always using a notepad and pen when im sitting at my computer, old school never dies lol ;)