F1 2021 | BETA | Details and how to Apply Here Read more... ×

What was your last purchase

Steam controller just came, it's actually a Christmas present from my mum, but as she doesn't have a Steam account I had to get. Stared at the box for like 5 minutes but promised myself I wouldn't actually open it, thankfully I'm taking it to my parents later so it won't be so painful just having it here but not being able to use it :#

Was slightly skeptical about getting it, but I struggle to use a mouse and keyboard in games for long periods, but with a controller I'm fine, so a mix between the two seems perfect. Strangely I'm looking forward to using it in Football Manager 16, as I play for a long time so it'll be easier for me with this :D  

I'll be writing a review on it sometime after Christmas here, once I have used it in many games and tried all the many settings it lets you change.

Hughesy said:
Steam controller just came, it's actually a Christmas present from my mum, but as she doesn't have a Steam account I had to get. Stared at the box for like 5 minutes but promised myself I wouldn't actually open it, thankfully I'm taking it to my parents later so it won't be so painful just having it here but not being able to use it :#

Was slightly skeptical about getting it, but I struggle to use a mouse and keyboard in games for long periods, but with a controller I'm fine, so a mix between the two seems perfect. Strangely I'm looking forward to using it in Football Manager 16, as I play for a long time so it'll be easier for me with this :D  

I'll be writing a review on it sometime after Christmas here, once I have used it in many games and tried all the many settings it lets you change.
And once you've done your review I'll be deciding on whether to get one or not :p 

In my younger years when I went to the gym a lot, I got told by a bloke who ran it that that stuff was rubbish. It literally does bugger all, although it does taste nice ;) Better off just eating the right food.

Hughesy said:
In my younger years when I went to the gym a lot, I got told by a bloke who ran it that that stuff was rubbish. It literally does bugger all...

I might be inclined to believe that too if my own first-hand experience told me different.

Much of the supplement market is indeed an outright scam, and some of it is easy to misuse, so a bit of research & some attention to detail can go a long way.

Hughesy said:
...Better off just eating the right food.

Or reap the benefits of both: a healthful diet combined with smart supplementation.

You can get the job done with chocolate milk, or even a bowl of your favorite cereal. The powder mixes are simply a combination of protein and carbohydrates—there is nothing special in them. I highly recommend you save your money and stick to chocolate milk or something similar if you like having a post workout shake. Each to their own ;) 

Hughesy said:
You can get the job done with chocolate milk, or even a bowl of your favorite cereal. The powder mixes are simply a combination of protein and carbohydrates—there is nothing special in them. I highly recommend you save your money and stick to chocolate milk or something similar if you like having a post workout shake. Each to their own ;) 

LOL. While I deeply appreciate your genuine concern for my health & finances, it's not like I posted a picture of some "miracle weight-loss pill that melts off pounds of body fat in seconds..."

...I posted a picture of whey protein, and denying its efficacy because of some years/decades-old hearsay is like denying that dinosaurs ever existed simply because they're not mentioned in the bible.

But hey - who am I to question another's beliefs? 
;) 

my last purchase kind of an early Christmas present to myself was Lightning returns  for the PC Final Fantasy 13 game. I've got the FF13's for the PS3 but though t I'd get them for PC as I thought it might be easier for me to manage uswing keyboard and mouse rather than controller. Plus the PC versions come complete with all the DLC's which the PS3 versions don't. Only cost £10 thou8gh so not a bad price considering how good the game looks but then it' s on discount atm until Dec 17th

Rock Band 3 export for Rock Band 4. Now to download all 83 songs...individually...

I learned I don't like needs or the sight of blood very much, and that I should have eaten something prior to the session. Thankfully I was able to grab an orange juice and blueberry muffin quickly. 10 minutes after eating those I was good. Hurt less than I thought, though still obviously a bit painful.

Lukedfrt said:
I'm thinking of getting a tattoo, just not 100% sure what i want.
Knowing what you want, and where, are two very important variables in the tattoo equation. I will definitely say it was worth it. There's just something about looking down at my arm and seeing it there that makes me feel...accomplished? Like a rite of passage.

Just waiting for this to heal and then onto the next one. I have a few idea's kicking around.

1) @SynGamer Normally I don't like tattoos but that one is awesome man! 
2) I thought it was a good idea to buy a wine fridge today. Not the smartest idea in theory, but now I have a wine fridge, which gives me an excuse to buy more wine.

Got my beard balm and brush today, really impressed with the balm so far. It smells lush, it also holds my beard in place well which is an achievement as its hard to style normally. I also got a nice email from the company that make it, not often you get emails like this as companies normally take your money and run. Definitely going to buy some more it, finally found something that works :D

http://www.cmhelmets.com/lewis-hamilton-2011-interlagos-replica-helmet-p-253.html?cPath=44

Ordered it yesterday. Can't wait to wear it.

Pokemon Cards. Booster Packs , and Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream , because, why not ?

http://brain-images.cdn.dixons.com/7/0/09993407/l_09993407_001.jpg Had to buy a new disc drive for my PC

Oh  for **** sake my spare keyboard has stopped worki ng (driver issue with win 10) so now bought this and should also get it tomorrow. @RevolvingPrawn seems I'll never get that monitor I want. 

Been buying a bunch of different wireless mice recently that have all been pretty subpar. All have gone back so far (which has been great for me since the local Post Office girl looks like she could be Natalie Dormer's sister!). Fed up with buying and sending back random £20 ones and decided just to splash out a bit more on something decent.

Looks kinda weird but I like it. Seems like a mouse more suited for mobas with all those buttons, how much was it? 

It actually has too many buttons for my taste, gonna disable most of them lol. I just want a mouse that's really comfortable and just works well so I'm pinning my hopes on it lol. I actually looked at it a bunch of times before but always ruled it out for having too many buttons.

It was £45 on Amazon bud, says it was reduced from £80. There was only 14 left when I paid for mine and they're sold out now until the 30th. The same mouse is on Amazon twice but the other one is £67.