What was your last purchase

So I'm struggling with audio since I had to buy a new TV. When buying the new TV I didn't check the audio outputs which is shocking for me as I'm  so anal about audio (spent £250 on headphones for my PC) my TV has no audio outputs. That's fine when using Sky as it has a port for my surround sound.

But since getting my TV Firestick I'm streaming a lot now, so I bought a soundbar  that has HDMI in and out so will work. It's half price on Amazon but still £150. It has 320w of power, a wireless sub woofer and also Bluetooth so I can play my music from my phone. Bad news is I won't get it until Thursday due to Christmas and bank holidays on Monday and Tuesday..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01EVMY1QQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1482531437&sr=8-7&pi=SL75&keywords=lg+sound+bar

Control board for a refrigerator. I had almost an hour-long power outage in my area this weekend, and when the electricity came back on, my fridge would no longer cool. After some Googling, it appeared this is a very common problem with a very common solution (which begs the question: "if this happens so much, why do they make refrigerators this way?"). So I ordered a new control board online, hooked it up, & the fridge came back to life. It's nice to have cold drinks again. We often don't realize how many of life's common little luxuries we take for granted until they're gone (even if only temporarily). I guess I should be grateful that I didn't have to buy a whole new refrigerator.

I just bought my first book in like 5 years, thought it would be a great companion now I'm so into Dark Souls. It's amazing that someone has wrote a long book about Dark Souls lore

Also for some reason I have to put the site into desktop mode in order to post pics, because when I click on the image bit the box is way off to the left so I can't add anything to it.... 

Turns out I'm getting old and my eyes don't work so well any more :(

I've had glasses for about 9 months now, weird as hell at first but it's like second nature to me now aha

Lukedfrt said:
Turns out I'm getting old and my eyes don't work so well any more :(

I've had glasses for about 9 months now, weird as hell at first but it's like second nature to me now aha
Definitely weird :p I can't deny how much they're helping my eyes stay in focus though, rather than drifting out and me having to force them to focus again lol. Had em since Monday and I'm very much still getting used to wearing them.

Just bought my first new car; 2016 Mazda 3 GS Sport (hatchback). Picking it up on Thursday  :#

SynGamer said:
Just bought my first new car; 2016 Mazda 3 GS Sport (hatchback). Picking it up on Thursday  :#

Quality car for the money. One of the best deals for a brand new ride. If you don't abuse it, it will last. Congrats.

So excited for this to arrive. Sold my Xbox One, my Sony Z3 and a handful of other bits to get it, but I think it'll be worth it :)

Bit the bullet and bought myself a Google Pixel. Been setting it up today, and while it'll take me a few days to fully adjust to the new keyboard size and the whole Android system, I love it already. So fast, the whole Google system works brilliantly, so pleased with it!

If I was you I'd download SwiftKey as it's better than the stock keyboard and a lot more customisable ;)

Thanks for the tip, just downloaded it, and I think I'm gonna be using this SwiftKey a lot!

Also as it's running the same stock Android as my Nexus 9, your battery indicator in the top right is just a little battery right? Download an app named Percent Enabler and it'll add some tiny numbers onto the battery icon to give you a proper reading :)

And you should have a feature that lets you double tap the screen to wake up the phone, I highly recommend enabling it and giving it a go. I use it way more often than the power button on both my tablet and phone. It's just way faster.

Yea I myself just started using the double tap to wakeup. The fingerprint reader was too annoying on my Z5 so I stopped using that even though it's less safe. That was literally the only thing that was better on my iPhone, the finger print scanner worked much better. 

Also as it's running the same stock Android as my Nexus 9, your battery indicator in the top right is just a little battery right? Download an app named Percent Enabler and it'll add some tiny numbers onto the battery icon to give you a proper reading :)

And you should have a feature that lets you double tap the screen to wake up the phone, I highly recommend enabling it and giving it a go. I use it way more often than the power button on both my tablet and phone. It's just way faster.
Yeah you're right, no battery number. Just installed that app so thanks for the tip, was wondering if there was a solution to that.

Love the tap to wake feature, been using it loads. Although I love the finger print sensor, this is the first time I've had a phone with one, but I'm loving it.

Oh my god, SwiftKey is amazing, makes typing so easy! 

MBKF1 said:

Yeah you're right, no battery number. Just installed that app so thanks for the tip, was wondering if there was a solution to that.

Love the tap to wake feature, been using it loads. Although I love the finger print sensor, this is the first time I've had a phone with one, but I'm loving it.

Should be a option in power settings to enable the power percentage number.

MBKF1 said:

Should be a option in power settings to enable the power percentage number.
There isn't unfortunately, checked everywhere, apparently it was removed with the most recent update? This app I downloaded works well though.

So it turns out Couger is half right :p I did a little bit of digging after his post cos I was sure it had been taken out too. But apparently if you pull down the notification panel and then long press on the settings cog until your phone vibrates, it unlocks a new settings section named System UI Tuner where you can enable the percentage :)

Got my Sony XZ today, absolutely love it! It's so fast to use, and it feels way comfier in hand than my Z3 did. The screen is way more vibrant too which is weird considering it's the same screen as the Z3 lol. Absolutely loving the fingerprint sensor on it, being able to check my bank accounts with that instead of having to input my 8 digit code is so much more convenient. Also having USB type C on it and being able to use a Quick Charge 3.0 charger (bought one in advance) the battery charging is way faster :)

Season tickets baby!

https://twitter.com/MySynpai/status/844180881812209664

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided--I've only played about an hour of this so far...too distracted by Wildlands. Seems pretty kick a$$ thus far...
Ghost Recon: Wildlands--Pretty damn good, but it's still no Division
Assetto Corsa--A true sim; not for those looking to arcade in a hypercar
Adr1ft-Amazing

Just bought a Kindle Paperwhite. It's hard to explain just how good it is compared to reading from a tablet without showing it to someone. It's amazing, it's like reading a paper book, but with perfect lighting all the time. Tablets let off light which strains your eyes because they are back lit. The kindle Paperwhite lights are from the front pointing at the screen, so there's no glare and can be read in all conditions. 

Hughesy said:

Just bought a Kindle Paperwhite. It's hard to explain just how good it is compared to reading from a tablet without showing it to someone. It's amazing, it's like reading a paper book, but with perfect lighting all the time. Tablets let off light which strains your eyes because they are back lit. The kindle Paperwhite lights are from the front pointing at the screen, so there's no glare and can be read in all conditions. 

And I got mine too today :p

Look at you with your fancy stand, lazy bastard :p It is awesome though isn't it :D