What was your last purchase

I didn't take that picture :D Though I did get that black case/cover behind it in the pic.

Great device though, going from a 6 year old Nook to the Kindle and the backlight alone made it worth it.

Oh lol, lazy bastard for not taking your own picture then  :p jk 

I've been reading from it almost non stop since setting it up. Now just using my phone to type this hurts my eyes :joy: I'll never read a book from my phone or tablet again that's for sure. 

So, I told @Hughesy I wasn't gonna tell anybody, but I've turned to the Dark Side today...

I got rid of my Nexus 9 and bought a 64GB iPad Air 2 :D And so far, zero regrets. So far it's better than the Nexus 9 in every way. Never thought I'd be typing that lol.

And just to be clear, I didn't convert him. He told me he was coming to the dark side, I nearly spat my drink out. Welcome to the dark side, iPad's are great. All the crap I got from him and now he has one and likes it  B)

Nice one mate, I'm sure you'll love it. I have loved my one.

But saying that, it's now 4 and a half years old and getting a bit tired, just generally slow and laggy. It was never going to be able to replace a computer, hence why I got myself a MacBook last year, and since then I've hardly touched the iPad at all, I just use it for drawing.

I had decided I wasn't going to bother getting a new one, but I watched the WWDC presentation the other day and I must say, I was seriously impressed by the new iOS 11 updates for iPad (although unfortunately my current iPad won't support iOS 11, as it's the model before the original Air came out).

As I'm on a design course, having the iPad has been very handy and with the Apple Pencil, etc, I am really tempted to save up and buy myself a new iPad Pro (probably the smaller version mind you, not the huge one).
_________

Sorry to go slightly off topic, nothing to do with recent purchases, but relevant to the tech discussion. I found myself slightly disappointed in the iOS 11 updates for iPhone, nothing particularly amazing about it, and it kinda made be more happy about my decision to switch to an Android phone!

I think the next iPhone is gonna be a make or break phone for Apple, they really need to absolutely knock it out the park, otherwise I can see more and more people transferring over. I've loved every second of the Pixel so far, and I can't see myself going back any time soon.

My original iPad Air still works like a charm. IOS has changed so much since buying it, yet it still works great. I won't touch a iPhone again, I hated my 5s. Saying that my Sony Z5 has buggered up many times and I've had to completely reset it, something I've never had to do with my iPad. Android in general is unstable because of all the different devices, but it can also do a lot more than iOS.

You don't have to say sorry for going off topic, you're the law around these parts  :p

Too much Apple there to read lol :p

To echo you a bit though Matt, I won't be switching to an iPhone any time soon, that's for certain. I love my Sony XZ, and loved the Z3 before it too so I'll be staying on Android for my phones. And I sure as shit won't be even looking at any kind of laptop or desktop from Apple, they're way too closed off for my taste.

But when it comes to tablets they do nail it. I've been looking to replace my Nexus 9 for a while because for a tablet which has some pretty damn good specs it was always much slower than it really should have been. It was a pretty disappointing thing to use. But the only real Android alternative ATM is a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 or S3, and personally I just don't like Samsung. Mostly because the S3 phone I had was awful after 2 years of use, and they make their stuff from tacky plastic and cheaper materials. I went into CeX yesterday though and noticed the Air 2, did some research yesterday on it, and got one today :)

It sure as hell won't make me an Apple fan, not with the shadey way they have a habit of doing things with. But it is way better than the Nexus 9 and that's all I wanted!

Haha Hughesy, I am the most pathetic excuse for a moderator...

... in the world.

Bought the Phillips hue smart lights during the Amazon sale, I love them. Got them setup with Siri and Alexa and it works beautifully. When changing from white to another colour like red they are very vivid. No more getting out of bed to turn the light on/off, I love technology  :D

You don't buy the premix cougar! Mixing it yourself is part of the experience. :tongue:

Picked these up

Logitech z506 5.1 Surround sound speakers

Sound Blaster X-fi Surround 5.1 Pro usb

Jumping the gun here as I haven't actually bought them, but when my Astro A50s go wrong I'll be buying these. I thought my A50s were king, but I got to try these yesterday and they were insane. It also comes with a spare battery as you can hot swap them which is cool. Also because they are Bluetooth unlike my A50s I can use them with my phone and other devices. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01HOCUPFQ/ref=s9u_simh_gw_i1?ie=UTF8&fpl=fresh&pd_rd_i=B01HOCUPFQ&pd_rd_r=579FHAYJWFWVGZRER0S0&pd_rd_w=AVbx5&pd_rd_wg=XTIXb&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=&pf_rd_r=G9P5X21BD386E1HG9G75&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=e586113b-1187-49e7-b25c-760581bc9374&pf_rd_i=desktop

I'm dancing a little bit right now. Deposit put down, finance approved, I pick it up on the 13th :) Pics below aren't the exact car, but it's the same colour and the same alloys, and the same interior so good enough!

I’m shocked it’s not blue though. Literally a month after you pick up your car I get my new one.  :D