What was your last purchase

It arrived and she's already putting me down. I asked her if I'm better looking than my brother and she said "I'm sorry, I'm not sure." I only needed a yes Alexa :joy:

Phone upgrade, Samsung S9 plus  :D Tomorrow isn't good Friday as its a Bank Holiday which means no delivery, also Monday..... I suck at waiting 

Hughesy said:
Phone upgrade, Samsung S9 plus  :D Tomorrow isn't good Friday as its a Bank Holiday which means no delivery, also Monday..... I suck at waiting 
I have a Iphone 6 plus Gold edition coming soon lol

It's no Samsung S9 Plus though is it. I really should have gone into Tesco to upgrade, as I would have it by now.

@RevolvingPrawn Holy crap dude, the Samsung S9 Plus is insane! The screen is unreal, I love that when I get a notification the curved edges of my screen go red. The animated emoji are hilarious, this is me apparently 

https://twitter.com/TheRealHughesy/status/981165051288608771?s=19

Hughesy said:
@RevolvingPrawn Holy **** dude, the Samsung S9 Plus is insane! The screen is unreal, I love that when I get a notification the curved edges of my screen go red. The animated emoji are hilarious, this is me apparently 

https://twitter.com/TheRealHughesy/status/981165051288608771?s=19
Yup, same screen on my S8 Plus ;) The detail and sharpness of it is really something else right? And yep, the Edge lighting looks really cool. Did you set yours to red? I've got mine set so that it takes the colour from whatever app is notifying.

Thought you didn't care about the animated emoji's ;)

I know it is, but yeah it's amazing. The HDR is decent as well when watching HDR videos, not on the same level as my TV, but for a phone it's great.

I don't care about them, just thought I'd try it out :)

After my mum looked at my phone she is now upgrading to a S9 from a iPhone 6. She didn't get the Plus model though, but the 9 still has a much bigger screen than the iPhone 6.

Yep I set the screen edge notification to red, I also bought a red & black theme lol. 

Hughesy said:
I know it is, but yeah it's amazing. The HDR is decent as well when watching HDR videos, not on the same level as my TV, but for a phone it's great.

I don't care about them, just thought I'd try it out :)

After my mum looked at my phone she is now upgrading to a S9 from a iPhone 6. She didn't get the Plus model though, but the 9 still has a much bigger screen than the iPhone 6.

Yep I set the screen edge notification to red, I also bought a red & black theme lol. 
So because I don't know a damn thing about HDR really, does a video have to have the ability to be HDR, or is it just something the screen does for any video? And if the video needs to have it, is there stuff on Netflix and Prime video with it?

I actually was gonna go for the standard S8 originally cos I figured it was a big jump in screen size from my XZ. It wasn't until I went in to Carphone Warehouse and actually held both that I knew it had to be the Plus :p But it doesn't feel massive, does it? It's kinda the right size, not too big and not too small.

Haha, figures you'd go for red and black. I'm sticking with stock for now and satisfying myself by changing wallpaper now and then.

Yes video needs to support it as well as the screen. It's something devs or movies need to add, as its not just a hardware thing. Both those do with certain content, but Netflix you have to pay for the 4k sub I think although I'm not totally sure. The Grand Tour supports it.

It doesn't feel big at all, although the screen itself is huge.

So it turns out my work didn't buy me a Lenovo X1 Tablet. They bought that for 3 of the guys in my office... They bought me a Microsoft Surface Pro :D It's a fair bit better than the Lenovo!

They also bought us all 24" monitors to go with our new devices :)

Tickets to The Greatest Showman, which is no doubt be followed by the soundtrack of The Greatest Showman!

LOL McStanley - Are you on a shopping spree today? Did you setup your bank account to automatically feed all transactions to this thread?

Very funny, Operator1! :smiley:

No, I'm not on a shopping spree and no, when I make purchases they don't automatically give a new post on this thread. Those are purchases I have made in the within the past two weeks. The Lucozade I did buy early today though, as I was feeling thirsty, when I was out! :smiley:

McStanley

Whilst I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your latest purchases, please feel free to put all of them into a single post in the future!