What was your last purchase

Blimey, Matt Cardle, that's a name I didn't think I'd hear again

Shell V-Power Diesel (28.06 litres)
x1 Greggs Sausage Roll
x1 Coca-Cola Classic (500ml bottle)
x1 LEGO Jurassic World (PlayStation 4)
x1 Lucozade Sport - Orange (500ml bottle)
x1 Mars Milk (338ml bottle)
x1 KFC Popcorn Chicken Snack Box
x1 KFC Medium Pepsi (No ice)

McStanley

No, I want to know that McStanley bought a Mars Milk (338ml bottle) on the 7th May!

MBKF1 said:
No, I want to know that McStanley bought a Mars Milk (338ml bottle) on the 7th May!
Ok, how about we ask for a detailed review of each purchase as well in that case?

I'd like to know how the cane molasses and barley malt extract impact the essential character and turbulant viscosity of the 338ml Mars Milk McStanley consumed on Day 126, the year of our Lord 2018, (May 7th).
Also coincidentally the 218th anniversary of the death of Italian composer Niccolò Piccinni, who brought us loved number 1 hits such as il cavaliere per amore.

I'm glad you asked, because I've been asking myself that question ever since he posted it! While we're on the subject of McStanley's purchases, I'd also like to know the exact cost of the 1x Greggs Sausage Roll he purchased on that 126th day. Also, how has the cost of a 1x Greggs Sausage Roll varied over the past 3 years? I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that I'd like to see the rate of inflation on this specific baked meat and pastry product.

MBKF1 said:
I'm glad you asked, because I've been asking myself that question ever since he posted it! While we're on the subject of McStanley's purchases, I'd also like to know the exact cost of the 1x Greggs Sausage Roll he purchased on that 126th day. Also, how has the cost of a 1x Greggs Sausage Roll varied over the past 3 years? I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that I'd like to see the rate of inflation on this specific baked meat and pastry product.
Once the ludicrous, and frankly disastrous, price increase of this institutionally British delicacy (which we most certainly did not steal from the French) over these last 3 years has been thoroughly established, I suggest we petition the government to decrease the cost to pre-War levels. After all, the pastry supplier in question supplies the British public with 140 million of these fine rouleau de saucisse per year, and could quite afford to bring them more in line with a working class members salary.

What say you, your Royal Highness of Moderator?

Maybe we should make this thread 'What was your last purchase over £30' ? ;)
Oh, but then I can't post about the exciting new mini fan I bought for at night when I can't use AC as its too noisy, as it was only £12  :'(

Oh I just did, my bad.

WOW! I can't believe how popular my purchases have been. Strange, but funny at the same time!

Greggs Sausage Rolls have gone up in price in recent years, I can remember paying years ago, £0.60. Now, at current day, they are £0.90 to take away and £1.10 to eat in. I always take away. I can't justify spending £0.20 more, to eat a sausage roll in the shop, when it only takes a couple of minutes, to do so! :smiley:

McStanley

MBKF1 said:
Once the ludicrous, and frankly disastrous, price increase of this institutionally British delicacy (which we most certainly did not steal from the French) over these last 3 years has been thoroughly established, I suggest we petition the government to decrease the cost to pre-War levels. After all, the pastry supplier in question supplies the British public with 140 million of these fine rouleau de saucisse per year, and could quite afford to bring them more in line with a working class members salary.

What say you, your Royal Highness of Moderator?
I couldn't agree with you more, your Royal Prawness.

Your last line actually reminded me I am indeed a moderator here. The only moderating I do is sticky and un-sticky the race threads over in the Motorsport forum!

McStanley said:
WOW! I can't believe how popular my purchases have been. Strange, but funny at the same time!

Greggs Sausage Rolls have gone up in price in recent years, I can remember paying years ago, £0.60. Now, at current day, they are £0.90 to take away and £1.10 to eat in. I always take away. I can't justify spending £0.20 more, to eat a sausage roll in the shop, when it only takes a couple of minutes, to do so! :smiley:

McStanley
Wow really? I'm fairly sure I still pay 60p.

My last purchase was a £1.30 day parking ticket for uni.

fIsince08 said:
McStanley said:

McStanley

You live in the North, Chris. Everything is cheaper up there :p

I'm shocked that Greggs charge 20p extra to eat a sausage roll in the shop. It's like those toilets where you have to pay 20p to use them. Except in those situations I don't mind paying that 20p because I feel sorry for the cleaners who go home smelling of poo and bleach at the end of each day :'(

fIsince08 said:
McStanley said:

McStanley

I'm shocked that Greggs charge 20p extra to eat a sausage roll in the shop. It's like those toilets where you have to pay 20p to use them. Except in those situations I don't mind paying that 20p because I feel sorry for the cleaners who go home smelling of poo and bleach at the end of each day :'(
I'm actually questioning my life right now. I might go into town tomorrow and have a look!

I mean we have a different menu to the rest of the country anyway so it wouldn't surprise me if the prices are different.

Oh man those pay to use toilets...

I was in Munich train station about 3 years ago, absolutely desperate for a wee, and you had to pay about 50 cents to use those ones. I had just enough change, and there were two of these gates, so through I went...

...into the ladies... I thought the two gates outside were for everyone to use, and then you could go to whichever one afterwards, but nope, I was stuck. If I had another 50 cents I would've gone out and gone back in the gents, but I didn't, and I was desperate, so I sheepishly walked into a cubicle, did my business, and made a swift exit with my head down.

MBKF1 said:
Oh man those pay to use toilets...

I was in Munich train station about 3 years ago, absolutely desperate for a wee, and you had to pay about 50 cents to use those ones. I had just enough change, and there were two of these gates, so through I went...

...into the ladies... I thought the two gates outside were for everyone to use, and then you could go to whichever one afterwards, but nope, I was stuck. If I had another 50 cents I would've gone out and gone back in the gents, but I didn't, and I was desperate, so I sheepishly walked into a cubicle, did my business, and made a swift exit with my head down.
I was in Edinburgh Waverly last year with a group of friends last year, which has free toilets for U12s or 30p for everyone else.

One of my friends, who was 21 at the time, got in for free as she looks so young and the woman on the gate was just like "yeah it's free for U12s"  :p

Best way to deal with those pay to use toilets is the wee on the machine, you might get arrested, but at least in prison you don't have to pay to use a toilet.... :trollface:

fIsince08 said:
fIsince08 said:
McStanley said:

McStanley

I'm actually questioning my life right now. I might go into town tomorrow and have a look!

I mean we have a different menu to the rest of the country anyway so it wouldn't surprise me if the prices are different.
An update on this, Greggs sausage rolls are indeed 90p here! Interestingly, they also have the 20p charge for eating inside - despite not having a place to eat!

This is the sort of in depth content this thread has strived for for years!

In terms of my own purchases today, I bought:
- 1x Trebor Extra Strong Mints
- 1x Egg and Watercress sandwich
- 1x Coca-Cola (330ml)
- 1x Twix (50g, but each individual finger is 25g)
- 1x pack of Colour Copy A4 120gsm paper (250 sheets)

Yes flsince08, Greggs Sausage Rolls are 90p.

Some Greggs stress have chairs and tables, but if they do not many. Two of the three stores in the town I live in, have three tables in each, but every time I have been in them, they are always taken. So if I was to pay the eat in charge, I would end up standing up and eating in the shop, anyway.

Besides, 90p for a sausage roll is expensive enough, so I don't want to pay 20p more for it, when I don't have to! :smiley:

I hate it when you have to pay for toilets too. We all use them, yet the council's think it's strange we have to do our business, so they make us pay for it. They shouldn't do this. For a poor person, or even homeless person, it's urinating on the street or nothing. This will get you arrested, if you are caught. The council and police do not want people urinating in the street, so making money out of the public using public toilets just increases public urination, which does not make much sense! :smiley:

McStanley

x2 Lassa 185/60 R15 tyres                                        

Probably buying a Xbox One X tomorrow or Tuesday, never thought I'd return to being a full on console peasant, but yet here we are. Until GPU's become sensibly priced and ram isn't twice as much as I paid for mine I won't be upgrading my PC, I refuse to pay high end prices for a mid-tier GPU.