What was your last purchase

I used to drink coffee but my body decided it couldn't handle it anymore, so now i mostly drink hot chocolate with caramel. 

I only like proper coffee, i can't deal with Freeze dried stuff like Nescafe :tongue:
And i'm not too big a tea drinker, although i do enjoy green tea!

I drink 4-5 cups (mugs really those reusable ones with the lids) of tea a day, used to drink a lot of Coke but fortunately I gave that up. Can't stand tea with milk though, tastes revolting, even after 3 years living in the UK I still can't understand why the English put milk in tea. YUCK

2 large coffees in the morning using my coffee machine, instant coffee is horrible. Two 500ml of Gfuel at midday and 3 or 4 cups of tea at night. You'd think I'd be wired, but I'm still tired all the time.

MBKF1 said:
One of my work colleagues recently discovered coffee bags... Same concept as a tea bag, but has coffee in it instead. Tried one a couple of weeks ago, tastes like very odd coffee.

What do we all drink here? I'm definitely a coffee person. I genuinely don't like the taste of tea.
I'm the opposite I've never liked Coffee but I do drink plenty of tea at least 5/6 cups a day.

Thinking about buying these today. The mic won't work on Xbox, but that's ok my Astro A50s still work ok but the battery goes flat fast now. These aren't wireless and use a high end 
https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8548454

Ok this headset is out of this world, a gaming headset with a high end dac that produce audio like high end studio headphones, that's not normally the case with gaming headsets.

I don't use the DTS surround sound, because on Xbox I have Windows Sonic surround sound which is the best and works with any headset.

On PC I can set it to high res mode when listening to music and the soundstage is amazing.

Anyone get any good gaming deals over the Black Friday period? 
I managed to pick up F1 2018 and Dead Rising 4 for 32 quid, which i was chuffed with :lol:

Lukedfrt said:
Anyone get any good gaming deals over the Black Friday period? 
I managed to pick up F1 2018 and Dead Rising 4 for 32 quid, which i was chuffed with :lol:
I bought Battlefield Hardline for  £5 Seeing as these Battlefield/COD type games are pretty short I think it's a pretty good deal considering that I only play the SP whenever I play them. But generally there's not a lot atm that has my attention now that I've go the games I wan for this year. Working my way through the Tomb Raiders again atm. About half way through Rise atm and then moving onto Shadow. Looking forward to my first run of Shadow though as it looks a good game

No games but i managed to take advantage of the cheap deals on Amazon to get my Christmas shopping done and out of the way.

No games but i managed to take advantage of the cheap deals on Amazon to get my Christmas shopping done and out of the way.
I already had but I only moved early because what I was after was low in stock already when I looked

You got a Golf GT and chose the diesel engine? As someone who's last two Golfs were diesel but now has the petrol version, I'm never going back to diesel. The petrol version is smoother, quieter and faster. Still, welcome to the Golf club, awesome cars.

Yes, I have a diesel. I like diesels. I would say mine is pretty quite for a diesel. I don't like quite engines for two reasons:

Reason 1: I love listening to engines.

Reason 2: I like to hear the engine when I stopped so I know it's running. Earlier today I was at traffic lights at the front of the queue. Lights changed to green and I thought I had stalled. I didn't and I ended up turning the engine off at a green light, on a 40mph speed limit A road. Not a good idea! :D

Also, my Golf is surprising fast for what it is and I was surprised when I picked her up. I have already done 151.9 miles in her!

Which generation and spec level Golf do you own, Hughesy?

McStanley

I prefer diesels to petrol, they're easier to drive.

I say that having only driven 1 diesel and owning 2 petrols, but hey ho

I know the TSI (Petrol) engines have a better 0-60 time than the TDI’s, but my diesel engine in my Golf is rather surprising with it’s acceleration.

I wanted to get the 2.0 TDI. This has better BHP, but being under 25, I was not able to get it in my leasing scheme sadly.

McStanley

Problem is the new Golf has a special filter that gets blocked and you have to take it somewhere that's at least a few miles long and at least 60mph to unblock it. It's ever since they got done for cheating emission tests. I know this because my mum has the same car you've bought and she's had the warning pop up a few times.
As for acceleration, I could put my petrol Golf in Eco mode and it will still accelerate faster than my diesel one did in sport mode. Diesel power band range is rather small.

Hughesy said:
Problem is the new Golf has a special filter that gets blocked and you have to take it somewhere that's at least a few miles long and at least 60mph to unblock it. It's ever since they got done for cheating emission tests. I know this because my mum has the same car you've bought and she's had the warning pop up a few times.
As for acceleration, I could put my petrol Golf in Eco mode and it will still accelerate faster than my diesel one did in sport mode. Diesel power band range is rather small.

The DPF, every diesel car has one (well, should anyway...)
Realistically, diesels are used for constant long distance driving where they are better than petrols as they have more torque. The DPF isn't a problem then either as it gets cleaned.

Yeah but the one in the new Golf gets blocked very quickly, whereas when I had my diesel Golf pre emission scandal it never got blocked in the 3 years I had it and I only did short trips. They have more torque, but only a very narrow window and then it drops off unlike petrol.

Hughesy said:

Your mum has the Golf GT TDI? Your family do like Golf's! :D

I don't believe that my Golf is economical as Volkswagen say it is, but it's more economical than my 2004 BMW 1 Series is.

Is your Golf a GT, Hughesy, what colour is yours? Mine is dark blue. Proper name is Atlantic Blue Metallic.

McStanley

Yep she does have a GT.

Mine isn't a GT. The upfront cost was too much for me, but as I'm saving money back my next one will be. Mine is red, can't remember the proper name, volcano red or something.

You can get close to VW economy figure on long journeys. In my diesel Golf I got to 68mpg and in my petrol one I've got it to 58mpg. It really depends on how you drive, the type of roads and the traffic. 

I have the old 3 cylinder engine in my Ibiza and it's truly terrible, I love the car but not with that lump in it! It doesn't matter how I drive it, I can't get it above 37MPG. The only time it did was coming back from Silverstone on the motorway.