What was your last purchase

Nope, it's not a Tardis. I do sought of have one of those, for my model railway. It's a Police Box, but it's not a licensed Doctor Who product, but it could get away as a Tardis, I do believe.

McStanley

3 minutes ago, Hughesy said:

After my mums funeral I went out and bought a £1200 amazing TV, it’s mind blowing!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-OLED55B8SLC-55-Inch-Premium-Ultra/dp/B07FQMQ659/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1549654260&sr=8-3&keywords=LG+oled

Wow! My family got a new TV some time around and it probably doubled the height and width of the old. It feels so strange for the first week to have a huge tv...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I already had a pretty nice 4K HDR TV, but now I’ve moved in with my dad since the passing of my mum, I wanted a nice TV in the living room. Not just nice, but way OT, OLED is just phenomenal compared to LCD or IPS screens because blacks are actually black as pixels turn off. Also the TV is so thin, like mm thick, it’s crazy.

The HDR is also on another level compared to my other TV, and that one wasn’t exactly low end. OLED reminds me of plasma TV, it sucks that that tech didn’t take off as it was so much better than current tech except OLED.

• Like 2

I don't watch TV much, but I do game a lot, a top end TV makes the world of difference for the picture quality.

• Agree 1

Bus tickets for 2.2e each day as I can't be bothered to pay for a ticket that lasts a month.

Edited by UP100
  • Haha 1

Just a friendly reminder for everyone to keep your posting of purchases limited to more valuable items please...

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, MBKF1 said:

Just a friendly reminder for everyone to keep your posting of purchases limited to more valuable items please...

There is nothing more valuable than a bus ticket considering it even beats the price of my T300RS which I can't use 🙂

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, MBKF1 said:

What would say is more valuable item?

DiRTFanNo.1

Edited by DiRTFanNo.1

2 minutes ago, DiRTFanNo.1 said:

What would say is more valuable item?

DiRTFanNo.1

You can't define it exactly because people have different interpretations of value, so people will always judge things in different ways.

However, I would personally say something:

- that you don't buy that often (e.g. set of headphones)
- out of the ordinary for you to buy (e.g. a new exhaust for my car)
- new that you're truly excited about (e.g. tickets to a gig)

As I said, people will have their own interpretations of this, but I think that this thread recently has seen a lot of the same stuff repeated *cough* Hornby *cough* and it's getting a tad repetitive.

• Sad 1

Just got my brand new set of Titanium Dental Picks. No I'm not a dentist but the tools cross over very nicely when used to pick calcite off of fossils. I went for Titanium because they won't dull as quickly and they look cool. I'm gonna be the envy of the Paleontology Lab muhahaha!!!!

• Haha 1

A NutriBullet blender as I'm getting into the whole healthy smoothie craze. Apple juice, Mango, Kiwi, some nuts, kale and some G Fuel for some extra energy, it was so good.

• Like 2

A ASUS MG278Q 27 144hz freesync monitor. I started playing Fortnite on PC with mouse and keyboard and found I'm so much better, but atm I'm limited to 60fps which is a huge disadvantage in this game.

• Like 1

Copy of Windows 10 to upgrade my PC up from the aging Windows 7 that's on it's last legs

• Like 1

So angry. Monitor was great, playing at 144fps was amazing, then the monitor broke. Suddenly there was white flickering horizontal lines along the screen so I’m having to return it. There was only the option to refund, which means I can’t get a new one until the money is refunded, totally ruining my weekend....

• Like 1