What was your last purchase

I'm getting a refund as I've since read lots of people had the same issue as mine has. I've already went ahead and bought a new monitor, a different on, even though I haven't got the refund from the faulty one yet. The new one wont be here until Saturday, hopefully I'll have no issues getting refunded for the broken one.

• Like 2

Well many different brands actually use the same manufactured panel, so it wasnt just this monitor. This is the one that broke.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/MG278Q-27-inch-Monitor-Display-Freesync/dp/B013FOMTV0/ref=mp_s_a_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1553814982&sr=8-12&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=asus+144hz+monitor

The one I've bought now is cheaper, but it's only 1080p, but is 240hz rather than 144hz, which in competitive gaming frame rate is king. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Alienware-AW2518HF-Monitor-Response-Free-Sync/dp/B074JDKN3Q/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1553815226&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=dell+alienware+240hz&dpPl=1&dpID=51asYZKCFcL&ref=plSrch

I'll basically only be using my PC for competitive gaming and my Xbox One X for nicer graphics at 4K on my Oled TV

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

£422.00 for a monitor?! That’s expensive. You don’t get the complete computer for that money!

I will probably sound like an idiot asking such question, but what's the difference to an ordinary monitor and a gaming monitor?

Please also note that all games I play are through a gaming console, which is connected up to the TV.

DiRTFanNo.1

Edited by DiRTFanNo.1
Additional information added.

That’s only a midrange monitor. Sure you could get a computer for that, but a rubbish one, my graphics card alone costs more than that.

The difference between a normal monitor and a gaming one is the refresh rate. A normal monitor or TV only has a refresh rate of 60hz, so the maximum frame rate it can display so 60fps. Whereas a gaming one can have a lot higher refresh rate, the one that I’m getting has a refresh rate of 240hz, so it can display 240fps which is a huge difference. So not only is the response time quicker, but everything is smooth and clear whilst in motion.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

My GPU cost me $460 alone, so dirtfan if you want a good gaming experience you need a good setup.

Edited by couger1981
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Still can't believe I've bought a Alienware product that is reasonably priced, normally their products are overpriced. Saying that though  the Gsync variant was over £200 more. So this was is freesync which Nvidia GPU's, problem is only 10xx series and above. Not that I'm bothered as it really only helps at low frame rates and at 1080p I wont have that problem.

Probably buying a new GPU anyway once the next gen are out. It would be nice if AMD released a banger and gave Nvidia so that there's proper competition.

• Like 1

Sony XZ1 Compact for 200e. I like the phone.

• Like 2

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 10:43 AM, couger1981 said:

My GPU cost me $460 alone, so dirtfan if you want a good gaming experience you need a good setup.

That you do assuming you can afford it. I know I tend t ogo with the best I can afford.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I booked myself a 2 week long holiday to NZ, going skiing in July 🙂 My partner may or may not be coming depending on her next roster, hopefully she can get at least some of that time off and come with. 

• Like 2

LOL

Kiwiland, the land of a lot of sheep 😄 aka New Zealand, specifically I'm going to Queenstown on the South Island. 

• Like 1

New PC 😄

Whole spec:

CPU: Intel i5-9600K 3.7 GHz 9MB BOX
GPU: Zotac Geforce GTX 1080 Ti AMP EXTREME
MOBO: Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO
RAM: G.SKILL 16GB 3200MHz Ripjaws V CL15 Red (2x8GB)
COOLER: Thermalright HR-02 - Macho Rev. B
SSD: Crucial 1TB 2,5" SATA MX500
PSU: Seasonic 650W Focus Plus 80 Plus Gold BOX
CASE: SilentiumPC Armis AR7X TG RGB

Mouse: Logitech PRO Wireless Gaming Mouse
Mousepad: Zowie G-SR
Keyboard: MSI Vigor GK70 TKL (Cherry MX RED - RGB)
Headset: Logitech G633
Monitor: BenQ ZOWIE XL2411

Wheel:
Logitech G29 + shifter
Wheel Stand Pro DELUXE V2

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

@tYsU

Love it! Needs more red though :classic_biggrin:

Edit: Just noticed we both have Pikachu as our pics lol.

Edited by Hughesy
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, KittyFit90 said:

LOL

Kiwiland, the land of a lot of sheep 😄 aka New Zealand, specifically I'm going to Queenstown on the South Island. 

C😎😎l! I hope you enjoy it. 🙂4

DiRTFanNo.1

Decided to buy Monster Hunter World on PC. I have it on Xbox One X but even that struggles. I would have been happy with a 1080p 60fps mode but that isn't a option. On PC I should get 120fps+

Finally getting rid of my Corsair 780T case as it's doing my head in. Spending £300 getting this case along with extra RGB fans for my watercooling. The setup will look similar to this except I don't have RGB ram. When I upgrade my CPU and motherboard, that will be when I get new ram. Had my 780T case since 2014, I loved it at first, but now I don't really like the style and the rear door wont close completely no matter how I do the cable management.

500d_se_built_38.png

• Like 1

Finally finished building it, took a million hours because just like my last Corsair case there isnt enough cable management room, but even worse is it doesnt even have door clips or anything so if its pressed agaisnt any cable it wont close.

Still the result is awesome.

On 5/1/2019 at 1:07 PM, Hughesy said:

Finally getting rid of my Corsair 780T case as it's doing my head in. Spending £300 getting this case along with extra RGB fans for my watercooling. The setup will look similar to this except I don't have RGB ram. When I upgrade my CPU and motherboard, that will be when I get new ram. Had my 780T case since 2014, I loved it at first, but now I don't really like the style and the rear door wont close completely no matter how I do the cable management.

500d_se_built_38.png

Yeah won't likely be much more than a couple more years before I have to buy a new system as I don't think the motherboard I have can handle any more than what it's got on it and I've been thinking of taking a slight change of direction as to what's in my computer to make it a bit more practical. I'll stick with what I have for now but next time I need an upgrade that's when I'll make the change. Th eRAM and HDD/SSD stuff I'll likely keep the same as that's suiting me well it's more the CPU and GPU I'll likely be changing as I'll likely just go for a more powerful single GPU instead of a slightly cheaper SLI type system which my current one is. It'll be moer expensive but seeing as I'll only be buying 1 so it might save me some money  that way whereas when buy for my current system I have to purchase 2. Also going back to an Intel CPU will be better as well  given I'm not sure the AMD one I have is that efficient by todays standards. Don't get me wrong my current system has served me well but it has had it's issues

• Like 1