What was your last purchase

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, KittyFit90 said:

@sjsharp2010 I love Mass Effect, played them all 🙂

@ColinMcRae:DiRTFanNo.1 Yes I have the Saturn V set from a few years ago, but I don't really have much Lego...on my desk at home I have the females in science kit which I got as a sort of reconciliation gift after my wife and I lived together again after being separated for a while. 

Me too playing Andromeda again in fact atm seeing how it performs on my new system.

Edited by sjsharp2010
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

@KittyFit90, so you own LEGO Ideas #017 21309 NASA Apollo Saturn V set and LEGO Ideas #019 21312 Women of NASA set, both from 2017. LEGO Creator Expert 10266 NASA Apollo 11 Lunar Lander set from 2019, will be a welcome addition.

Do you own or plan on buying LEGO CUUSOO #002 21101 Hayabusa set from 2012, LEGO CUUSOO #005 21104 NASA Mars Science Laboratory: Curiosity Rover set and LEGO Ideas #007 21109 Exo Suit set, both from 2014? All three of these sets are long discontinued and will all set you back quite a lot money, to acquire them these days.

ColinMcRae:DiRTFanNo.1

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, ColinMcRae:DiRTFanNo.1 said:

@KittyFit90, so you own LEGO Ideas #017 21309 NASA Apollo Saturn V set and LEGO Ideas #019 21312 Women of NASA set, both from 2017. LEGO Creator Expert 10266 NASA Apollo 11 Lunar Lander set from 2019, will be a welcome addition.

Do you own or plan on buying LEGO CUUSOO #002 21101 Hayabusa set from 2012, LEGO CUUSOO #005 21104 NASA Mars Science Laboratory: Curiosity Rover set and LEGO Ideas #007 21109 Exo Suit set, both from 2014? All three of these sets are long discontinued and will all set you back quite a lot money, to acquire them these days.

Yes I own those and no probably not, like I said its not a real hobby I just buy the odd set occasionally. My real collection is geological/paleontology items like geodes, fulgarites and various fossilized things. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

@KittyFit90, well those things are probably cheaper than LEGO is! LEGO is not my main hobby either. My main hobby is model railways.

Edited by ColinMcRae:DiRTFanNo.1
Additional information added.

8 hours ago, ColinMcRae:DiRTFanNo.1 said:

@KittyFit90, well those things are probably cheaper than LEGO is! LEGO is not my main hobby either. My main hobby is model railways.

Haha no they are not LOL last year I bought an 8cm long piece of Fulgarite for $20,000. The whole collection is insured for $550,000 and is within an alarmed security cabinet. Model railways are cool though, my Dad has one, he works on it constantly...its his retirement hobby I guess. 

• Like 1

That sounds expensive. Is that really worth $20,000?

Well I am nowhere neat retirement age. I am in 20's and I agree, not many people my age or younger are in the model railways hobby as 50 plus are. Out of interest, which gauge is your dad's model railway?

That sounds expensive. Is that really worth $20,000?

Well I am nowhere neat retirement age. I am in 20's and I agree, not many people my age or younger are in the model railways hobby as 50 plus are. Out of interest, which gauge is your dad's model railway?

Lol no idea, I'll ask him if I remember. Fulgarite has no value other then scientific and its rarity, it is literally soil that has been struck by lightning and instantly melted into a kind of glass, I find it fascinating, I have two pieces of it now, one from Australia around 4cm long and the larger piece is from the USA. 

• Like 1

OK, thank you. 🙂

Why is it so expensive then, if it is such a natural and simple sounding product?

Its rare, usually the shock of the lightning shatters the Fulgarite glass instantly, then there's the issue of finding the exact spot where a bolt hit the ground and the Fulgarite having survived however long since it was created. Most samples are from mines or paleontology digs and are old, very few modern samples exist. 🙂 Its also fragile, brittle like actual glass and is easily broken during mining/excavation.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ColinMcRae:DiRTFanNo.1 said:

Oh, so you can only get Fulgarite when lightning has struck? Is this why it is rare?

Yes and Yes 🙂 

• Thanks 1

X1 Hornby Railways R.127 'Castrol' Tank Wagon, given to me along with a Hornby Railways R.824 Intercity 225 Electric Train Set, along with some buildings accessories. These final to the list are damaged so, probably won't be keeping them. The Castrol Tanker is perfect and one I don't own, so has already been put away and added to my personal collection.

X1 LEGO Marvel Collection (PlayStation 4). The video game contains the following three video games, all on one disc!:

• LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (2013)
  • LEGO Marvel Avengers (2016)
  • LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 (2017)

Posted (edited)

Apparently. I am a bigger fan of Lil peep merch though, love me some hell-boy and crybaby products. I consider myself a casual of the entire franchise. i recently bought a women crop top form there. I have seen bits of all of them here and there but don't have the time or inclination to absorb the various shows and movies. I am like that about a lot of things though.

Edited by FitBoy01
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Recent purchases within the past month or so.

DiRT Rally 2.0 (PlayStation 4)

Bus Simulator (PlayStation 4)

Edited by ColinMcRae:DiRTFanNo.1
Typo edit fix.