Sign in to follow this  

Any way around being cheated by rain in Qualifying in F1 2012?

And by cheated I mean a light drizzle at the start that gets worse over time, but limits your grip from the start. Too little for inters but too slick for fast times on slicks, you basically slide like you're on ice at full throttle. Yet the A.I. runs dry lap times.

Second race in a row it's done this too me. I just ate the 24th position starting position last time which ended my winning streak, but I am getting annoyed now that it's doing it twice in a row.

Also side note, did they fix this in F1 2013? Or should I expect it again in F1 2014 whenever it releases >.>

You have to stay out on track for the whole session so that the AI actually drive the circuit instead of doing pre-programmed 'default' times. And as I don't own f1 2013 I have no idea but if it's still in f1 14 then that will be ridiculous.

doyley101 said:
You have to stay out on track for the whole session so that the AI actually drive the circuit instead of doing pre-programmed 'default' times. And as I don't own f1 2013 I have no idea but if it's still in f1 14 then that will be ridiculous.
I was hoping you were editing that, "You have to stay o" didn't help much lmao :p

But anyway, the problem I was having, was they set the laps before I could even get out on track. I think it was outright glitching. Even while I was on track they were faster by 2-3 seconds a lap. But then I left the game sit for like 20 minutes, and the track dried out, and I set a pole lap time. I guess I'm just gonna have to accept getting cheated from time to time.

Maybe drive out immediately at the start of the session but don't skip the outlap so that you set the first time? I had it once at Canada where it was on the cross over between slicks and inters but unless I stayed out for the whole session they just did perfect delta times on slicks, despite the fact I was faster than them on inters when actually on track.

doyley101 said:
Maybe drive out immediately at the start of the session but don't skip the outlap so that you set the first time? I had it once at Canada where it was on the cross over between slicks and inters but unless I stayed out for the whole session they just did perfect delta times on slicks, despite the fact I was faster than them on inters when actually on track.
Hmm. Maybe that was it. I was trying to rush so I did the "flying lap" as fast as I could. Even though it shouldn't have been possible for them to even set a lap that fast.

One thing I hope they do for 2014 (besides release it in disc form :P ) is I hope they have a button you can press like Grid Autosport for information from the engineer, more specifically, for updates on the weather. Because in 2012, one lap you're fine, the next you have no grip, and the graphics don't always match the track condition. Drives me mad. It would be nice to be able to ask the engineer when the rain will start, so I don't accidently drive an extra lap. I can do it by choice then lol.