Jump to content Jump to content

DFGT Steering wheel bug

DAL1189

Hi. Have posted about this before. The steering becomes unresponsive for a few moments and then responds again.It is not allowing me to race on the game at all. Here is a video of the issue I have been having https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVj6o7DlldM. It only happens on this game and seemingly happened only when I upgraded to windows 10. Please please please help. 

Thanks.
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Lozzy said:
@DAL1189 I take it you have the latest drivers installed for the wheel etc? You could try running the game in Windows 7 compatibility mode perhaps?
I do have the latest drivers for my Driving force GT. I can't get the game to run in compatability mode, just pressing the EXE in the folder won't make it launch, only steam will, so I couldn't launch it in compatability mode :-(
  • Codemasters Staff
Open steam and right click on F1 2015. In the Local Files tab select Browse Local Files. In the explorer window right click on F1_2015 and select the Compatibility tab. Tick run this program in compatiliity mode and change the drop down to Windows 7.

Let me know if that helps.
Lozzy said:
Open steam and right click on F1 2015. In the Local Files tab select Browse Local Files. In the explorer window right click on F1_2015 and select the Compatibility tab. Tick run this program in compatiliity mode and change the drop down to Windows 7.

Let me know if that helps.
Nope :-(. Didn't help. Doesn't happen in any other games, I ran the logitech profiler in compatability mode as well/
  • Codemasters Staff
I take it you've got the patch that was released yesterday.

Can you try running task manager while playing the game and see if any particular process is using a lot of CPU time when the input problems occur.
Lozzy said:

Can you try running task manager while playing the game and see if any particular process is using a lot of CPU time when the input problems occur.
Nothing I would class as out of the ordinary. I would say it could be a problem with my hardware but it doesn't happen in any other games.

DAL1189 said:
Lozzy said:

Nothing I would class as out of the ordinary. I would say it could be a problem with my hardware but it doesn't happen in any other games.
Computer specs:
AMD Radeon R7
AMD A10 Processor
Asus A88XM-E motherboard
Windows 10
Driving Force GT
From my point of view, it's not Windows 10, not F1 2015, not Driving Force GT. I've these and I've no problem at all.

Maybe you have problem with you USB port or the driver attached to the USB root.
Maybe you have a short-circuit in the USB cable

Did you try to attach your wheel on another USB port ?
Do you have the possibility to attach your wheel to another computer ?
Can you make sure that you have the latest drivers for the USB controller ?

Archived