Jump to content Jump to content

Catalunya - even tougher than before in Myteam

Last year could at least keep up with my team mate in practice, qualifying and the race @ Catalunya in myteam. Now I'm streets behind. Can only just about keep Mazepin and the Williams behind. It's even worse in the wet, was 3 seconds slower than the car on 21st. 

I finished in 9th in the first race in Bahrain (bit lucky due to a late safety car but least I felt semi competitive). 

The variety in speed of the AI from race to race is very unforgiving so far. 

• Agree 1
39 minutes ago, rocojuanclarkus said:

Last year could at least keep up with my team mate in practice, qualifying and the race @ Catalunya in myteam. Now I'm streets behind. Can only just about keep Mazepin and the Williams behind. It's even worse in the wet, was 3 seconds slower than the car on 21st. 

I finished in 9th in the first race in Bahrain (bit lucky due to a late safety car but least I felt semi competitive). 

The variety in speed of the AI from race to race is very unforgiving so far. 

It was unbalanced last year. One of the users on here provided a useful chart to recalculate AI based on track.  If you are more than .3 tenths behind your teammate in practice or quali, then turn down the AI. Nobody is going to judge you for playing on 85 AI. Its just a game lol. 

Also, Spain is a really technical circuit like Japan,  so it should be much less forgiving when you miss the apex in a critical section. 

Edited by ChicagoSeminole

Rumour has it “the feedback from real life f1 drivers” used to market last years game actually goes both ways - with Codies currently providing consulting services to the FIA on how to implement AI sliders in real life. 

Danny Ric is holding his breath so hard his face has turned blue. 

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, ChicagoSeminole said:

It was unbalanced last year. One of the users on here provided a useful chart to recalculate AI based on track.  If you are more than .3 tenths behind your teammate in practice or quali, then turn down the AI. Nobody is going to judge you for playing on 85 AI. Its just a game lol. 

Also, Spain is a really technical circuit like Japan,  so it should be much less forgiving when you miss the apex in a critical section. 

It has been unbalanced since forever. What I don't get is that someone can calculate how much off the AI is and codemasters doesn't just copy the calculation and makes difficulty balanced from the start. Did the user patent the calculation? 

• Agree 1

Even as a none MyTeam player, Catalunya is a very difficult drive this year. Really can't abuse the curbs on those first and final sections and the lack of downforce make the middle sector hard work. 

I'm happier if the tracks get harder as sometimes the races felt like a leisurely drive when you were driving in your own air.  If it feels like a challenge to get a lap right every time then that's more representative of how it really is.

Obviously there is a limit and it shouldn't be too far the other way where all enjoyability is sucked out of the game as it's a struggle to complete a lap but these early phases of a game where you have to adapt your driving style from the previous game are always quite a fun part for me. 

• Agree 1
3 minutes ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

I'm happier if the tracks get harder as sometimes the races felt like a leisurely drive when you were driving in your own air.  If it feels like a challenge to get a lap right every time then that's more representative of how it really is.

Obviously there is a limit and it shouldn't be too far the other way where all enjoyability is sucked out of the game as it's a struggle to complete a lap but these early phases of a game where you have to adapt your driving style from the previous game are always quite a fun part for me. 

Agreed, it wasn't a complaint haha.