Jump to content Jump to content

I know this was an issue last year too early on, but I can't find that threat to troubleshoot. 

I have everything set to default for engineer (so the default setting should have never shut up) and I have nothing. For any scenario. Pits, Damage, General Race Info. I also can't adjust audio output as it is locked to "Auto(Main Output Device)" 

Any help would be appreciated. 

- Devils

20210714_190343.jpg

• Codemasters Staff

@DevilsManiac Discussing this with audio code and I think we're both interpreting your issue and your fix differently. Can you answer the following so we can determin if this is correct behaviour or not?

• What platform are you on?
  • Your title says "can't hear Jeff" - does this mean you can't hear him at all, coming out of any devices? Or do you mean you can't hear him coming out of your headphones, he's only coming out of your pad speaker (or vice-versa)?
  • When you say "Need to take it OFF of the (auto) setting..." are you refering to the in game audio options or your console dashboard settings?

Thanks.

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, issueskid said:

@DevilsManiac Discussing this with audio code and I think we're both interpreting your issue and your fix differently. Can you answer the following so we can determin if this is correct behaviour or not?

• Your title says "can't hear Jeff" - does this mean you can't hear him at all, coming out of any devices? Or do you mean you can't hear him coming out of your headphones, he's only coming out of your pad speaker (or vice-versa)?
  • When you say "Need to take it OFF of the (auto) setting..." are you refering to the in game audio options or your console dashboard settings?

Thanks.

Xbox Series X

No Engineer Audio from any audio outputs.

So when I initially went into the audio menu, it was set to (Auto) Main Audio Output. I could not change that setting at all. When I switched from my surround sound to my headset, all the options unlocked. When I moved it off of (Auto) the audio worked. Both in the headphones like a direct radio, and on Main Audio Output. As long I chose either option that DID NOT have (Auto) in front of it, the engineer could be heard.

Hope this answers your question.

• Agree 1

You cannot hear your engineer, you lucky lucky person!!

it’s long past time they changed the engineer audio as it’s the same now for 3 years plus except for very minor changes and been told for  the 6th time that Hamilton is leading when he has already lapped me is totally irrelevant to my race 😆 

• Haha 1
21 minutes ago, TFBISE16 said:

Jeff doesnt work at all on xbox if you are in an xbox party. Been meaning to do a report but wasnt able to play yesterday. 

He actually does as long as you change the audio from Headphones to Main Output. Again, select the option that does NOT have (Auto) before it.

When in an Xbox Party (as it was last year) the direct radio setting (Headphones) wouldn't work because your "radio" was occupied by party chat. Switch it to main audio output will still broadcast the engineer through you game audio channel opposed to your voice chat channel.

@DevilsManiac Hey, I'm also on Xbox Series X and I can't hear Jeff when I'm playing Braking Point. I'm not using my headset but my TV sound system, since CM didn't add 'voice command.' So, you are saying that the work around for now is to use my headset and turn off the auto for 'radio output device' and put headset? 

• Agree 1

@issueskid will you guys add 'voice command' for the Xbox Series X? I own a RIG-800 headset that connects to my XSX via USB. My headset has a microphone so it should be doable, right? no technical limitations there. Even if you guys patch it by making all XSX|S players/drivers buy the Microsoft new headset, would be great. 

• Codemasters Staff
9 hours ago, Cristopherm27 said:

@issueskid will you guys add 'voice command' for the Xbox Series X? I own a RIG-800 headset that connects to my XSX via USB. My headset has a microphone so it should be doable, right? no technical limitations there. Even if you guys patch it by making all XSX|S players/drivers buy the Microsoft new headset, would be great. 

Series X/S does not have any voice command tech built in like the 360/One both did with Kinect. I'm not aware of any Series X games that support voice command either to be honest.

@issueskid your name tag says Codemasters Staff/audio director - f1 franchise. Are you part of the audio engineering over at Codemasters? but what about a headset? most headset connect to the XSX via USB. As a matter of fact, I have a PC gaming headset RIG-800. Can you guys come up with a code or alternative fix for the headset? 

• Codemasters Staff
1 hour ago, Cristopherm27 said:

@issueskid your name tag says Codemasters Staff/audio director - f1 franchise. Are you part of the audio engineering over at Codemasters? but what about a headset? most headset connect to the XSX via USB. As a matter of fact, I have a PC gaming headset RIG-800. Can you guys come up with a code or alternative fix for the headset? 

I am the audio director on the F1 franchise, yes.

I think you are misunderstanding my point. Microsoft no longer has any voice command solution built into the Series X/S, the input device doesn't matter, the tech is not there to support this no matter what you connect. The Audio code team are aware of this issue and the community feedback.

@issueskid Well, that's good to know that the audio code team are aware of the issue and all the feedback from the community. Are you guys working with Microsoft to hopefully find a solution sometime soon? I honestly don't know why MS walked away from the Kinect for the XSX|S. 

Quick question though. How come Alexa works with voice commands with the Series X? I turn on/off, put the volume up/down with voice command via Alexa. Is there anything that could be done for voice command using Alexa? 

• Codemasters Staff
4 minutes ago, Cristopherm27 said:

@issueskid Well, that's good to know that the audio code team are aware of the issue and all the feedback from the community. Are you guys working with Microsoft to hopefully find a solution sometime soon? I honestly don't know why MS walked away from the Kinect for the XSX|S. 

Quick question though. How come Alexa works with voice commands with the Series X? I turn on/off, put the volume up/down with voice command via Alexa. Is there anything that could be done for voice command using Alexa? 

I'm audio design, not code. I will pass on your feedback to the code guys but I can't promise anything.

I thought somebody would ask about Alexa 😄, that's because turning the console on and off using Alexa uses that service, not a Microsoft service. Game voice chat on previous consoles relied on Microsoft's built in voice command system, which no longer exists. As mentioned earlier though I'd be interested to know if any games on Series X/S actually support voice command because i haven't come across any (probably for the same reasons we no longer have voice commands).

@issueskid I found this: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/digital-assistant-voice-commands/turn-on-turn-off-with-voice-commands#:~:text=One of the features of,is set to instant-on.1106197460_ScreenShot2021-07-23at10_50_59AM.png.63f743e46654e7e47f20fe7e0a40f8a1.png 

With all being said, even if the coders/developers from Codemasters and MS would work together to fix this issue would be great. Perhaps MS would agree to allow players use the kinect on Series X again only for this F1 21 game. HAHA.. I appreciate you sharing this feedback with the coders/developers. I do hope that they fix this as the next-gen consoles are the new thing now. 

@Dhruvilp888 & @DevilsManiac so I just finally changed the 'radio output device' to headphone and could hear Jeff. Then, I turned off my headset and put it back to auto and can't hear anything again. Does this mean that I will need to play with the headset all the time? I don't mind.. but this is where they should add voice-command since my headset has a microphone. 

@DevilsManiac so what is the work around for hearing Jeff/engineering in the the sound system (with no headphones)?

• Agree 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/15/2021 at 6:23 AM, issueskid said:

Thanks.

I can't do this for Xbox One. Is there any way you can help me????

• Codemasters Staff
On 8/14/2021 at 8:32 PM, GBAUTHENTIC said:

I can't do this for Xbox One. Is there any way you can help me????

Hello @GBAUTHENTIC. Can't do what? The quote you have included doesn't give you anythign to do, it was us asking somebody for clarification. If youy're asking how to do something or why something isn't working you'll need to tell us what issue you are currently having and details on your particular setup. If this is a bug you think you have you should add this to that particular forum so we can correctly track and fix this from a dev side.

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...