Jump to content Jump to content

Will we need to restart career mode when the free update comes in?

I'm guessing no, just keep going until you hit the following season, and at the beginning when you choose 20-16-10 races format, the new tracks will be there and the default will now probably be 23.

That's just what I expect though, would make no sense at all to restart a game to get the new tracks.

• Like 1

In the past, codemasters always found a way to implement new updates of tracks (f.e. france pitlane update) and drivers in your actual Career save. I do not remember that I ever had to restart a new save game because of an update. But I guess in case of the new tracks, you have to finish your acutal season before you can implement them in your season. But thats just my thought, nothing official. 

• Like 1

Supposedly you can play as China from the second season onwards. I imagine that implies that once you get to the end of the season, there is some aspect of customisation.

Now, it's currently set up to be a 20 race season but I think that will automatically change to 23/16/11 or something along those lines and those three will be in by default.

Unfortunately this is all guesswork but based on previous series, i'd have faith it will work. 

• Like 1

Actually, last year with the safety car not coming out "fix", many people reported that it only started working after they restarted their careers. I didn't do that and it never got fixed for me on it's own but I did start new, driver career this time a few days ago only to check this, and already got 2 safety cars in 4 races.

• Like 1
  • Administrator

The new tracks will become available when you start your next career season after applying the patch. No need to create a new save.

• Thanks 6

Is it known whether it will stay 20 races for full season or will it jump to 23? 

Or will they be like China and available from season 2 onwards?  

This is talking as if we are starting a new career save after they launch.

• Administrator

Once the new circuits are available, you will be able to select them in your next season like normal. Options of amount of races selected will not change. To confirm: You will not need a new save. 

• Thanks 2
  • Agree 1
53 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Once the new circuits are available, you will be able to select them in your next season like normal. Options of amount of races selected will not change. To confirm: You will not need a new save. 

so there wont be a 23 race amount option for career modes including 20/16/10

Edited by topgearmad
  • Confused 1
17 minutes ago, topgearmad said:

so there wont be a 23 race option like the actual number of races this season

wells seeing the calendar has changed back and fourth yes. one moment we weren't having turkey  and then the next we don't have singapore so we now have turkey

1 hour ago, topgearmad said:

so there wont be a 23 race amount option for career modes including 20/16/10

Sounds that way. That suits me personally, be cool to switch it up a bit each season. Should keep an ounce more replayability than F1 2020.

4 hours ago, BarryBL said:

does that mean we can't have 23 races, 24 with shanghai in career mode. To have the new tracks we have to cut off 3 other tracks?

I got to my second season, and had a 20/16/10 option on season length, and had 21 tracks to choose from. China being the grey out track, so I dropped Monaco and took China instead.

I really hate to drive Monaco. Love it in the real F1, but loath it to drive!

It is disappointing that, judging by the replies above, we can't have a 22/23-race season.  I completely take on board that I could swap 2 tracks each year, but swapping 4 is strange.

• 4 weeks later...

You have two options before start of new season Left-hand is full 23 comfirm track season of 2021 minus Turkey and right is the custom season lengths which is 20/16/10 but Lee mather did mentioned Turkey in podcast just month before release 

16284234900564818646298087397183.jpg