Jump to content Jump to content

My Driver is now Sainz? - NEEDING SAVE GAMES

A detailed description of the issue. - I loaded game earlier to view item shop. The new racing suits were being glamorously modelled by Carlos Sainz, which is fair enough, but I then fancied a few quick laps on time trial to find every single car had his racing number, 55. (see screenshot) I then did a lap to find that my Time trial character was also Carlos Sainz, despite driving a Williams. I do like Carlos but I would fancy my own character back please 😂
Report Code- XMHX-TGAJ-HETG-BASC
Platform? - Playstation 5 
Game-mode?- Menus and Time Trial (including car select screen)
What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried. - Reloaded game but still had Carlos Sainz everywhere. Glitch didn't appear to affect myteam. (still had my own racing number)
Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party.  - Yes, view below. 
How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.

PS_App_20210715_064343.jpeg

PS_App_20210715_063933.jpeg

PS_App_20210715_063924.jpeg

• Agree 1

• A detailed description of the issue. So I just purchased the new Leaf livery from the item shop, customised it and set it as my new livery. I then went to see how the sponsors had affected the suit and noticed that I no longer had any sponsors on the suit and that my driver was now Carlos Sainz with his number and face but not his helmet etc. Went into time trial to fix the issue and it was displaying my name as Sainz.
  • Report Code
  • Platform? Xbox Series X
  • Game-mode? Menus, time trial.
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Tried restarting the game, but no luck.
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party. 
  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible. Set the livery as the Leaf one, edit the sponsors and then go into driver profile etc. 

image.jpg

• Codemasters Staff

Hey @GBPolesitter just a few questions from me:

• Were you in any sessions before this happened or was it straight from loading up the game that you bought the livery and seen this issue?
  • Which sponsors do you have on the car?
  • Had you deleted any career saves?
  • Have you watched any replays/highlights in the theatre?
  • How many different Car Livery designs do you have set up? Did you create a new one when you bought a new livery from the shop, or did you overwrite a previous one with it? Have you deleted any Car Livery designs at all?
  • How many Character "clothing and emote" designs do you have set up? If more than one, are they all now Sainz? Which avatar(s) were they before they chnaged to Sainz? Have you deleted any character clothing and emote designs?
  • What sort of customisation did you make to the livery after purchasing it? Colour change to the livery and/or adding/removing/changing colour of sponsors?
Sorry about the questions, just trying to find a way that we can recreate this internally.
1 hour ago, RedDevilKT said:

Hey @GBPolesitter just a few questions from me:

• Were you in any sessions before this happened or was it straight from loading up the game that you bought the livery and seen this issue?
  • Which sponsors do you have on the car?
  • Had you deleted any career saves?
  • Have you watched any replays/highlights in the theatre?
  • How many different Car Livery designs do you have set up? Did you create a new one when you bought a new livery from the shop, or did you overwrite a previous one with it? Have you deleted any Car Livery designs at all?
  • How many Character "clothing and emote" designs do you have set up? If more than one, are they all now Sainz? Which avatar(s) were they before they chnaged to Sainz? Have you deleted any character clothing and emote designs?
  • What sort of customisation did you make to the livery after purchasing it? Colour change to the livery and/or adding/removing/changing colour of sponsors?
Sorry about the questions, just trying to find a way that we can recreate this internally.

I came out of the F2 career mode and then sat on the menus until the new items came into the store. I then looked at it in store, went over to customisation and created a design 3. From there I then created the colour combination of white/black/red and then purchased it from the customisation menu which takes you into the store. 

Sponsors on the car were Kompass, Ludo industries, Avax and Xenon. 

I have not deleted any career saves as of yet and had not watched any highlights up until this point.

This design is my third one on the menus.

I just have the one driver profiles set up, I will set up another now to see if they are also Sainz. 

As above bought through the customisation menu which takes you to the store changed colours and added sponsors.

Worth noting I have loaded into my team and career and they are still my own driver. 

In time trial I am listed as Sainz. Can’t change name and if I change the face, nationality and number it doesn’t save and once you return to the menu it is as it was.

Edit: just returned to driver profile and cannot delete it.

Edited by GBPolesitter
  • Like 3

I am having the exact same issue on xbox one, my driver is sainz and it wont let me change my nationality or number either.  I purchased a sponsor decal from store and this happened afterwards. 

Edited by crazydaave678
more info
  • Agree 1
9 hours ago, crazydaave678 said:

I am having the exact same issue on xbox one, my driver is sainz and it wont let me change my nationality or number either.  I purchased a sponsor decal from store and this happened afterwards. 

Thought I was the only one this had happened to and Id be stuck with it! Hopefully it gets fixed

4 hours ago, Nassim597 said:

Why does my driver profile turn into Carlos Sainz all the time?

Yeah mine keeps doing that too. I've tried to change it but the game immediately changes it back so I'm now forever Carlos Sainz.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Same issue, I cannot play online because It does not let me join any games, but now I can't play single player either with a custom character. Great work Codemasters do you hire college drop out developers? 

I’m having the exact same issue (nationality changing to Spanish, character model, name, number also changing). It could be a code error where everything is auto set to what the Sainz in-game character has as its settings, and is unchangeable. But after all it is still early days for this game and I’m sure Codies will roll out a patch soon enough for many issues being experienced by players.  

Edited by Melexandils
  • When I go to "driver profile" under "customisation" I'm locked to my face being Sainz's, number 55 and being Spanish. sometimes i can change one or two like my face and nationality but still be 55, or be Sainz but can change my number. in time trial when i set a lap it says Carlos Sainz at the top but in leader boards it says my gamer tag. doesn't affect any career mode. I don't know why its Sainz rather than anyone else because I haven't even driven a Ferrari yet.
  • Repord Code: RSRB-ACMV-ATST-GTEG
  • Xbox One S
  • Online and time trial
  • I have tried restarting my game and turning my xbox on and off
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party. - first one is of sainz but with a normal number and 2nd is a game face with number 55
  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible. - I dont have a clue how this happened

sainz.PNG

glitch.PNG

• Agree 1

I have the same problem, I hope codemasters can fix it because it's really annoying to have Sainz as my driver profile and I will also be called Sainz on my time trail and that's also very annoying. Hope you guys can fix it pls.

Bug i F1 2021 .jpg

Bug i F1 2021 2 .jpg

Bug i F1 2021 3 .jpg

• Agree 1
  • VTRNXSnAke changed the title to Avatar Customisation Issue
  • BarryBL changed the title to My Driver is now Sainz? - NEEDING SAVE GAMES
  • BarryBL pinned this topic