Jump to content Jump to content

My Driver is now Sainz? - NEEDING SAVE GAMES

• Codemasters Staff
4 minutes ago, GBPolesitter said:

If the issue has been able to be replicated/ fixed? Having issues joining online sessions now too

What issue? I can't see any mention of an audio issue.

• A detailed description of the issue: My character changed to Carlos Sainz his face, nationality and racing number and name in for examaple time trail. There are also no sponsors showed on the suit, gloves and helmet after that. It seemed to happen when I just equipped another livery. It's impossible to change it back. I can only change the driver number first and then the face but if I change the nationality it changes back again. Even when I only change the number and face and go into time trail it shows number 55 on the car and as name Sainz.
  • Report Code: XVCX-BCXR-TPAS-GTJG
  • Platform: Xbox Series X
  • Game-mode: Pretty much everywhere your character is used.
  • [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? If you know the players forum username, please tag as many people who were in your session here: N/A
  • [ONLINE] Were you the host: N/A
  • [PC ONLY] Please post your DXDiag, including the make and model of motherboard: N/A
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried: I tried to change it. I can only change the driver number first and after that the face. When I change the nationality it changes all back. Also when I select another livery (only with sponsors) it changes back as well. When I select a livery without sponsors it doesn't change back (It's still there as in the following phrases). Even when my normal face and number is showed in the menu, when I go in time trail as example it shows the number 55 on the car and the name Sainz everywhere where normally my own name should be. I haven't tried to uninstall the game yet as I actually don't want to lose my progress.
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party: I only have a picture of Sainz his face wich I can't upload for some reason. But it's just the in game face of Sainz.
  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible: This is difficult to say. It seemed to happen when I just equipped another livery. It is also possible it happend after going into the showroom to the myteam car and other custom cars.
  • A detailed description of the issue: After changing suit gloves and helmet, my avatar turned into Carlos Sainz. My nationality is stuck on Spanish, and so does the driver number (#55). No matter how many times you change it, how many timesyou restart your game it always changes back to Sainz.
  • Report Code: KHCA-KVVH-JXBK-GTEG
  • Platform: Xbox One
  • Game-mode: Main Menu, Driver Profile section
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried: Canging back to the avatar + restarting the game. (None of them worked)
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party: See below
  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible: N/A

bug.png

Driver Profile Avatar keeps being reset to Carlos Sainz mesh, nationality and driver number.

No report ID found on customisation menu, however settings page gives: APTP-AMVE-SXGS-GSEG

• XBOX One
  • Driver Profile Avatar customisation
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Forced all updates (if any). Hard restarted console, uninstalled and re installed F1 2021 to console
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? Video added to this thread
  • How do you make the problem happen? Avatar defaults to Carlos Sainz character mesh, nationality and driver number. Use of any avatar mesh, nationality or driver number always results in this happening. Just select any avatar and cycle through the customisation features to change the nationality and number and something reverts to something different.

Edited by VTRNXSnAke
Typo
  • Agree 1

Having a similar issue. My character for online races has changed. Race number, nationality and face. I have gone from being a Pakistani to South African to Dutch to currently Spanish. 

If I try to access the game profile to edit my avatar. The game crashes. 

I am on PS5. 

• Agree 1

Using on Xbox One - Have had this issue for few days now thought it was cool at first now but tired of it. Makes all my time trial laps invalid as if they’re set be AI Carlos Sainz even tho it’s me driving?

have tried using different avatars different numbers different nationalities can’t ever get all three to go how you want always ends up part Carlos Sainz.

• VTRNXSnAke changed the title to Avatar Customisation Issue
  • BarryBL changed the title to My Driver is now Sainz?
  • A detailed description of the issue: Whenever I try to customize my driver profile to my liking, it keeps reverting back to a carbon copy of Carlos Sainz (His face, his country and his driver number).
  • Report Code: None
  • Platform?: Steam (PC)
  • Game-mode?: Online
  • [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? If you know the players forum username, please tag as many people who were in your session here: Ranging from 5 to 20 (Not a factor at all)
  • [ONLINE] Were you the host?: No (Not a factor at all)
  • [PC ONLY] Please post your DXDiag, including the make and model of motherboard: DXDiag: https://www.mediafire.com/file/k10d1ixi7n1kf0t/DxDiag.txt/file
    Motherboard: https://imgur.com/7t67Poy
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried: Restarting Game, Re-installing Game, Verifying file integrity.
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party: https://youtu.be/E9zLYjHY-1c
  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible:
  1. Launch the game and go to Customization - Driver Profile.
  2. Customize you profile.
  3. Play online for a few minutes.
  4. Go back to Customization - Driver Profile.
  5. Your driver should now be Carlos Sainz.
Edited by Nassim597
Removing a red area in the text
15 hours ago, Nassim597 said:

None of the methods described worked. Please advise what I can do to fix this issue I have, as not having a custom charachter is very annoying to me.

Nothing in the dxdiag to suggest any issues. I would advise a Windows reinstallation.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Nothing in the dxdiag to suggest any issues. I would advise a Windows reinstallation.

Wow that’s a pretty drastic course of action!

This issue is present on console too. Even other people in the lobby can see the affected player dorning Sainz’ avatar and driver number.

Any advice for console players who can’t reinstall Windows?

Edited by AdamComer
48 minutes ago, AdamComer said:

Wow that’s a pretty drastic course of action!

This issue is present on console too. Even other people in the lobby can see the affected player dorning Sainz’ avatar and driver number.

Any advice for console players who can’t reinstall Windows?

Do basic troubleshooting.

Uninstall the game, update the system software, do storage maintenance and reload the game. 

• BarryBL changed the title to My Driver is now Sainz? - NEEDING SAVE GAMES
  • BarryBL pinned this topic