Jump to content Jump to content

My Driver is now Sainz? - NEEDING SAVE GAMES

On 8/2/2021 at 1:32 PM, steviejay69 said:

Do basic troubleshooting.

Uninstall the game, update the system software, do storage maintenance and reload the game. 

I have this issue on console. If I install and reinstall, will I lose all progress for online and career modes?

10 minutes ago, elskip8 said:

I have this issue on console. If I install and reinstall, will I lose all progress for online and career modes?

PS5, I deleted the game and re-installed it again (I have not deleted the save files) but the issue remains. 
I didnt delete the save files for fear of losing my best times 

6 minutes ago, n1kosanchez10 said:

PS5, I deleted the game and re-installed it again (I have not deleted the save files) but the issue remains. 
I didnt delete the save files for fear of losing my best times 

When I have time later I'll follow the troubleshooting guide for PS4, but I really don't want to lose things like setups and time trial time that I've done. It's an issue that's affecting users across the board on various platforms

1 hour ago, elskip8 said:

When I have time later I'll follow the troubleshooting guide for PS4, but I really don't want to lose things like setups and time trial time that I've done. It's an issue that's affecting users across the board on various platforms

Save data will be setups and career progress AFAIK

Time trial ghosts with ghost setups should be cloud (Online Services)

Pitcoin and Podium Pass is definitely Online Services

@BarryBL

Yep, lost all setups, time trial times, saved games, trophies and all of my online stats. Also lost controller/wheel calibration settings, camera settings etc.

Didn't lose the purchases or pitcoins, and retained the ranking I had before deleting the data. 

I saved the data on a USB stick in case a fix is found, but not sure how likely that is.

My avatar is no longer Sainz, but I'll be very disappointed if this happens again.

Edited by elskip8

I can not change my drivers profile into my own character. Yesterday I did a race as Carlos Sainz, now it shows in my drivers profile that I am Sainz, from Spain with drivers number 55. I can not change the face, the number and the country.. 

Tried to restart the game but still couldn't change it into my own character.. 

Also tried to do a race as Verstappen but still I am Sainz when in the menu's.. 

When I change my avatar and then my country back to Netherlands; automatically restores to be Carlos Sainz again with number 55 from Spain..

20210805_131924.jpg

11 minutes ago, Optie said:

I can not change my drivers profile into my own character. Yesterday I did a race as Carlos Sainz, now it shows in my drivers profile that I am Sainz, from Spain with drivers number 55. I can not change the face, the number and the country.. 

Tried to restart the game but still couldn't change it into my own character.. 

Also tried to do a race as Verstappen but still I am Sainz when in the menu's.. 

When I change my avatar and then my country back to Netherlands; automatically restores to be Carlos Sainz again with number 55 from Spain..

20210805_131924.jpg

Now I am also Carlos Sainz when in time trial.. Please help haha

20210805_133555.jpg

• Administrator

HI everyone, 

We need some savegame files (including MyTeam) of users affected. We can only recieve saves from PS5 and PC. How to do so is below:

PC:

·         Browse to where Steam is installed, usually this will be C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam

·         Browse to \userdata\xxxxxxxxx\ (where the x’s are your unique user ID)

·         Right click on the 1134570 folder (this is your F1 2021 save) and select Send To -> Compressed (zipped) folder

·         Make sure you add this to your completed bug report

PS4/5

·         Insert a USB drive into your console

·         Go to Settings, Application Saved Data Management, Saved Data In System Storage, Copy to USB Storage.

·         Select your F1 2021 save and copy it to the USB.

·         Remove the USB and put it in to a PC.

·         Compress the PS4/5 folder to a zip file

·         Save the information to your Desktop, keep the file name as is.

• Thanks 1
  • BarryBL changed the title to My Driver is now Sainz? - NEEDING SAVE GAMES
On 8/5/2021 at 5:58 PM, BarryBL said:

HI everyone, 

We need some savegame files (including MyTeam) of users affected. We can only recieve saves from PS5 and PC. How to do so is below:

PC:

·         Browse to where Steam is installed, usually this will be C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam

·         Browse to \userdata\xxxxxxxxx\ (where the x’s are your unique user ID)

·         Right click on the 1134570 folder (this is your F1 2021 save) and select Send To -> Compressed (zipped) folder

PS4/5

·         Go to Settings, Application Saved Data Management, Saved Data In System Storage, Copy to USB Storage.

• A detailed description of the issue: Whenever I try to customize my driver profile to my liking, it keeps reverting back to a carbon copy of Carlos Sainz (His face, his country and his driver number).
  • Report Code: VTDB-KRJP-CHKB-XKMG
  • Platform?: Steam (PC)
  • Game-mode?: Any
  • [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? If you know the players forum username, please tag as many people who were in your session here: Ranging from 5 to 20 (Not a factor at all)
  • [ONLINE] Were you the host?: No (Not a factor at all)
  • [PC ONLY] Please post your DXDiag, including the make and model of motherboard: DXDiag: https://www.mediafire.com/file/k10d1ixi7n1kf0t/DxDiag.txt/file
    Motherboard: https://imgur.com/7t67Poy
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried: Restarting Game, Re-installing Game, Verifying file integrity.
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party: https://youtu.be/E9zLYjHY-1c
  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible:

• Launch the game and go to Customization - Driver Profile.
  • Your driver should now be Carlos Sainz.
  • Like 1
  • Administrator
6 minutes ago, Nassim597 said:
  • A detailed description of the issue: Whenever I try to customize my driver profile to my liking, it keeps reverting back to a carbon copy of Carlos Sainz (His face, his country and his driver number).
  • Report Code: VTDB-KRJP-CHKB-XKMG
  • Platform?: Steam (PC)
  • Game-mode?: Any
  • [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? If you know the players forum username, please tag as many people who were in your session here: Ranging from 5 to 20 (Not a factor at all)
  • [ONLINE] Were you the host?: No (Not a factor at all)
  • [PC ONLY] Please post your DXDiag, including the make and model of motherboard: DXDiag: https://www.mediafire.com/file/k10d1ixi7n1kf0t/DxDiag.txt/file
    Motherboard: https://imgur.com/7t67Poy
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried: Restarting Game, Re-installing Game, Verifying file integrity.
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party: https://youtu.be/E9zLYjHY-1c
  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible:

• Launch the game and go to Customization - Driver Profile.
  • Your driver should now be Carlos Sainz.

Can you add your savegame please @Nassim597

On 8/5/2021 at 5:58 PM, BarryBL said:

HI everyone, 

PC:

PS4/5

Hello Codemaster and dear F1 passionate.

I have also Issues with Carlos Sainz ( not the driver itself XD) but he want absolutely take the place of my avatar.

More seiously has many of other reported, I can't custom my driver. I can edit 2 about 3 things ( Skin,Number or Nationality) But everytime I change the last one the skin get back to Carlos Sainz and my nationality became Spain ( just in case, i try to select France and the number 86).

You'll found my save zipped in attachment. Hope you will debug this one soon because it's really embarassing for my youtube Vidéos and my online RP league.

Best regards.

1134570.zip

• Like 1

Been having this issue since launch pretty much still no solution or patch.

driver profile editor will not let me change my character away from Carlos Sainz. Tried numerous times to change and nothing works name number and nationality always end up as Sainz. Honestly am fed up time trial dosent work properly with this bug and I haven’t even attempted online because I know it won’t work properly and I’ll get kicked.

I’d class this as game breaking I want to play online and I can’t. 

Codies you need to fix this this is a joke have already posted in another topic

does anyone know a fix I’m on Xbox one but I’m aware this a problem on all platforms deleting and reinstalling hasn’t worked

23 hours ago, iiLICKZii said:

Been having this issue since launch pretty much still no solution or patch.

driver profile editor will not let me change my character away from Carlos Sainz. Tried numerous times to change and nothing works name number and nationality always end up as Sainz. Honestly am fed up time trial dosent work properly with this bug and I haven’t even attempted online because I know it won’t work properly and I’ll get kicked.

I’d class this as game breaking I want to play online and I can’t. 

Codies you need to fix this this is a joke have already posted in another topic

does anyone know a fix I’m on Xbox one but I’m aware this a problem on all platforms deleting and reinstalling hasn’t worked

Merged.

No report code!

Xbox One

F1NN25#9963 

My driver profile is stuck as Carlos sainz and I don't know why. My online character is locked to his avatar and details! I tried emailing codies and nothing has happened 😠 it was a cool glitch at first!

Just wondering if this has been reported or not but I'm going to say something about it so maybe the devs can fix this cause it's very annoying. I'm on PlayStation 5 but have seen others having the same problem on PS4. When I go to driver customization to change my Flag/Country or Region. I select the flag (any of them) It resets my number to 55. & when I go change my number to whatever it resets my flag to Spain every time? Can post a video also if you would like to see. 

Update the game think's I am Carlos Sainz? He's Number 55 from Spain. Also when ever I'm doing time trial it says Sainz?? & I never used him before I usually drive the Redbull or AstonMartin so I don't know how this even happened.