Jump to content Jump to content

• My game just shuts down without warning: sometimes i have the EGO dumper like alot of people but I reckon that will get fixed soon, but sometimes it just shuts down.
  • Report Code: there is no report code to share
  • Platform? PC
  • Game-mode? All game modes, tried them all to make sure it wasnt story mode only
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? My computer is above requirements to play, I tried re-installing, verifying files, rebooting pc, safemode, lowering the graphics, lowering the FPS, disconnecting from internet, also all drivers are up to date & I even cleaned my computer. I am able to play games who recommend more from my pc.
  • How do you make the problem happen? It happens only on the track, not on the menus. Not even in garage.

DxDiag.txt

Edited by Dubba11

There’s always a report code. Pause the game at any point or retrieve the crash dump as specified in the basic troubleshooting.

Please post a dxdiag and include the brand and model of your mainboard.

Posted (edited)

After update this is still happening, no more ego dumper, game just shuts down.

I'm still hoping to be able to finish atleast one race in MyTeam...

EDIT: ego dumpers are back !

Edited by Dubba11
2 minutes ago, Dubba11 said:

I played on windowed mode, forced steam to run the game in Direct X 11 and was finally able to finish my first race in 10h of gameplay.

It's not a fix, but atleast you can do something, its worth a shot @LFCJoe26

How did you amke it to play in direct x 11???

2 hours ago, Dubba11 said:

RIghtclick F1 2021 in Steam, go to properties and then fill in this under Launch Options:

image.png.f2aa56ed7fa55eedefd8f1a586b7ba34.png

Unfortunately this did not work for me and the game crashed from the main menu instead. 😞

6 hours ago, LFCJoe26 said:

Unfortunately this did not work for me and the game crashed from the main menu instead. 😞

Damn, sorry to hear that bro..
You can try running it normally but in windowed mode, that also (kinda) worked for me, I guess it's just finding something until CM comes with solutions for us.

On 7/15/2021 at 3:00 PM, Dubba11 said:
  • My game just shuts down without warning: sometimes i have the EGO dumper like alot of people but I reckon that will get fixed soon, but sometimes it just shuts down.
  • Report Code: there is no report code to share
  • Platform? PC
  • Game-mode? All game modes, tried them all to make sure it wasnt story mode only
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? My computer is above requirements to play, I tried re-installing, verifying files, rebooting pc, safemode, lowering the graphics, lowering the FPS, disconnecting from internet, also all drivers are up to date & I even cleaned my computer. I am able to play games who recommend more from my pc.
  • How do you make the problem happen? It happens only on the track, not on the menus. Not even in garage.

DxDiag.txt 120.14 kB · 1 download

Same problem, many times Ego Dump Crash. Maybe 30-40x times, played cca 9,5 hours. Terrible.

Edit: In F1 2020 absolutely no problem Ego Dump

DxDiag.txt

Edited by Raymy

As read in other forumm posts I already tried this:

- reinstalling game

- checking file integrity (50x)

- updating all drivers

- changing to 60 FPS

- lowering all graphs to minimum

- turn of asynchronous compute

- playing windowed mode

- relocating game to another hard drive

- reinstalling windows

My computer doesnt get warmer than 40°Celcius, all fans are working and I can play other games, including F1 2020 on ultra.

EGO Dumper is not a crash. It's actually what you want to see if your game has issues! It's a program that bundles the information together so that it's easier for us to troubleshoot 🙂 

If you could, please share one of your crash dumps. Not the .log file, but the .zip file the log file points towards.

You can find the zip file from the log by looking for the zipFilename line
image.png.df7a5d1beca72c161fc830d95fa7e4ae.png