Jump to content Jump to content

2P Career - Host retiring causes a ended session

A detailed description of the issue.

During Two Player Career Mode the game suddenly ended and went to the winner animations just seconds into the first lap.

Report Code PRAX-CHEJ-KJTG-BASC

Platform? PS5

Game-mode? Two-Player Career

[ONLINE] 2 - The_Hellblazer82 & Cyberfunk77

[ONLINE] Were you the host? No

What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried.

Restarting. Currently in season two.

Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party. 

Video attached

How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.

Come first in practice, qualifying and starting the race in pole... Then starting the race.

• A detailed description of the issue

My friend got instant DNF and the race ended when, myself, have had an engine issue... Same as sometimes we have a one lap race...

• Report Code

will add it later

• Platform?

pc

• Game-mode?

coop

• [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? If you know the players forum username, please tag as many people who were in your session here.

• [ONLINE] Were you the host?

yea

• What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried.

none

• Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party.

no

• How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.

Playing coop career, having an engine issue

• BarryBL changed the title to 2P Career - Host retiring causes a ended session
  • Administrator
Just now, iRealHez said:

So if I understand correctly, if the host retires or finishes before the 2nd player, the race is stopped ? @BarryBL

As I saw another reported issue like this 

That's what it looks like yes. Already with developers and going through the reproduction process now. 👍

• Like 1
  • Administrator
8 minutes ago, TheHellblazer82 said:

Literally just had this happen in Belgium, P1 - the host - totalled his car and my race ended and I was given a DNF as well. 

Do you have report codes of both players please @TheHellblazer82

• Administrator
Just now, TheHellblazer82 said:

Sorry, we forgot to note them. Will they still be the same if we give them as is now in Holland or not?

If you haven't closed the game, they will be the same yes. 🙂 

@BarryBLthat was an engine issue for me, and the race ended at the end of the lap, like it was the last lap cuz the host had an engine issue

We've had a one lap race too, directly after the start we had "Lando Norris wins the race" & then when we crossed the start finish line for the first time the race was over 

Edited by iRealHez
  • Administrator
Just now, iRealHez said:

@BarryBLokay, it happens sometimes maybe idk, that was yesterday so I don't have the report code and I think we are not going to play again before a patch cuz it ruins the career.. 

Fair enough. We are working on it, just need to get a regular reproduction method. 

Question: do both of your friends have access to the forums? Would be useful to get their perspective and connectivity settings too, as there may be something there possibly.

Other than playing in TV pod camera it doesn't look like much else is different, we were just over half way through a 50% race in Belgium. The original was 25% in Russia. 

Unfortunately my friend doesn't generally do the whole forum thing, but I'll ask him about it 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Hi everyone,

Have others seen this issue? We couldn't reproduce internally at this time. Further evidence of this is needed if possible please

Had this happen to us in our first race (Bahrain). Nothing out of the ordinary until I spun and broke my car (sim damage). The instant I retired, my mate was also automatically retired even though he had done absolutely nothing wrong (no mechanical issue, no penalties to cause a DSQ). We've since had more retirements in our races but haven't been able to reproduce the issue. Maybe fixed in latest patch already?

• 2 weeks later...