Jump to content Jump to content

Thanks to the Audio team

I agree, for all the flaws this years edition, the sound is a nice improvement!

Also the music, hands down, is by far the best yet, I sometimes wait before starting a session in the menu because I enjoy the dynamics of the music.

As you and other have noted, the drs bleep needs boosting.

But also the awesome (finally!) turbo whine, please increase the volume a few db, it really sets at sense of speed. Or at least a seperate option in the Audio settings like "low" "medium" & "high" , or a slider from 0-10 like the other effects.

I was crossing my fingers before release that the main engine sound would sound more like the broadcast, but sadly the samples are the same apart from adding the turbo whine.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

I would like to point out the presence of an audio bug in which in off-line grand prix mode, the audio of the car is replaced by the ambient audio of the various cars. Ps5 version, performance mode.

• Social Media & Community Team
5 hours ago, issueskid said:

As for the music, I'm sure you've noticed this also changes based on what sub-menu you are currently in so have a root around the front end and listen to the different areas.

Having listened to the full mixes I can say they're properly amazing, really stir the emotions.

Sometimes I leave the menu screen on just to stay fired up 😄 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
4 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Having listened to the full mixes I can say they're properly amazing, really stir the emotions.

Sometimes I leave the menu screen on just to stay fired up 😄 

Definitely the best in a few releases. Last years was not it..

• Agree 1
  • Codemasters Staff
15 hours ago, LabF1 said:

I would like to point out the presence of an audio bug in which in off-line grand prix mode, the audio of the car is replaced by the ambient audio of the various cars. Ps5 version, performance mode.

We're already looking into this one but any bugs you find need logging correctly in the bu thread, not in the general chat. This way they will be correctly logged and assigned to us.

I just can totally agree. Great Sound of engine on track and the best menu I ever heard in a game overall, no joke.

How the different music fits in the different menu chapter is great. The nearer you come to the track, the more the music pushes you without getting annoying. With perfect transition from menu to menu. Great beat! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Agree here and pointed this already in the impressions threat. The sound of the cars is stunning 👌 the helmet mix is a great addition. Not sure if i will use it though as the "normal" sound is so good. Thanks for this guys 

• Agree 1
9 hours ago, svensenk86 said:

Agree here and pointed this already in the impressions threat. The sound of the cars is stunning 👌 the helmet mix is a great addition. Not sure if i will use it though as the "normal" sound is so good. Thanks for this guys 

With a good headset it was fantastic, really love how "weighty" the noise felt in the cockpit 💯

The shifting was like punching through your body. 

Edited by DRTApophis
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
1 hour ago, DRTApophis said:

With a good headset it was fantastic, really love how "weighty" the noise felt in the cockpit 💯

The shifting was like punching through your body. 

Lets see maybe i give it another shot 😎 anyway,both ways great sound

• Agree 1

Yeah, thank you audio team, for another year with wrong sounds !! Even mods from assetto corsa have waaaaaaay better sound than you. And the best of all, some idiots are here to “congrats”, that after 5 years you add turbo sound in the game, Incredible work !! 
Now I ask you: why not add the TV mix audio? That’s something that we are asking you since the first F1 game from codemaster. The REAL sound of the cars. 

• Disagree 5

Yeah, I agree that the audio is very good this year.  I skipped 2020 and noticed that the tire squeals when you lose traction or lock up are a lot more pronounced in 21 and really add to the immersion. Thanks!

2 hours ago, f3rnandQ said:

Yeah, thank you audio team, for another year with wrong sounds !! Even mods from assetto corsa have waaaaaaay better sound than you. And the best of all, some idiots are here to “congrats”, that after 5 years you add turbo sound in the game, Incredible work !! 
Now I ask you: why not add the TV mix audio? That’s something that we are asking you since the first F1 game from codemaster. The REAL sound of the cars. 

You know that they capture the sounds directly from the onboard and not really from the t.v. Cameras right? TV audio is not the REAL sound of the cars, while we are more familiated with it because that is our perception from the race.

Afaik they even work with fom and some teams about the sound quality because no team or manufacturer wants the sound to be wrong. It might not be perfect, but it is not wrong.

Also, the praise is about the high quality work and how powerful the engine sounds when racing, plus the great music.

There is no need to be rude calling others idiot because it is not in agreement to what you think is right.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Codemasters Staff
5 hours ago, f3rnandQ said:

This is a good sound

Pity I'll never watch it or read any of your posts in future! Adding you to my blocked list 😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 1
5 minutes ago, issueskid said:

That said we're always listening and we do take feedback on board so I will look at our processes in the future and figure out if we can imporve anything we're doing and get closer (and in doing so get further away from the "real" sound) to the sound you hear on TV.

6 minutes ago, issueskid said:

we can't just rip audio from FOM/TV footage

Perfectly understandable, thanks 👍

• Agree 1