Jump to content Jump to content

Where's the mid session save??

Hey guys, could somebody tell me where is the Mid Session Save?

I'm doing my first 100% race at Canada in Grand Prix mode and when I paused the game I don't see Mid Session Save?

All I see is the following; INSTANT REPLAY/FLASHBACK, RESTART SESSION, RACE DIRECTOR, CAMERA, SETTINGS, TUTORIALS, RETIRE FROM SESSION and QUIT TO MAIN MENU.  i DON'T LIKE/USE THE AUTOSAVE, i PREFER TO USE THE MID SESSION SAVE, but this version hasn't got one, why?? 

Hi Johnboy83, I'm on the xbox one s. I've just started My Team and that also HAS NO MID SESSION SAVE via pause menu. I think they've messed this up, because you're allowed to set AUTOSAVE to OFF, but NOT ALLOWED to MANUALLY SAVE anywhere. I hope they get this sorted, otherwise this is going to mess with my Career mode(My Team) and Grand Prix modes. I'm not happy to be honest.

Hi! I am on Xbox Series S and just started a driver career in F2 3 races. When pausing I have mid session save, I was afraid not to have it after reading this topic as I like to play long races but saving mid session if needed. I can confirm it is still there, will provide a pic tomorrow. 

Edited by Henricus12

It’s also defo there on ps5 in my team, and GP mode. Maybe turning auto save OFF disables this setting too, as the game doesn’t want to save anything? Try turning auto save on and having a look. What’s wrong with having auto save on anyway if you don’t mind me asking?

Edited by johnboy83

I turned auto save back on, and yes mid session save appeared on the pause menu, however it wasn't there when auto save was turned off. Mid session saves are manual, auto saves are obviously automatic saves. The difference is this game doesn't allow you to do a manual save without auto save being active. This makes no sense, because why would you want to do a manual save if auto save is active, and vice versa. 

The reason that I don't like auto saves, is they are notorious for corrupting your saves(I know this from personal experience) hence why I turned this option off as soon as I saw it.

Codemasters need to allow us the manual save option without having auto save active. oh and by the way I've read that many are having issues with their saves because of auto save!