Jump to content Jump to content

"Thermal Imager" effect - by design?

This is definitely NOT a big issue or any kind of priority, but thought sharing this as it looks a bit weird to me.

A detailed description of the issue.

In every interview with Clare she (and the camera man) get this "thermal imager" effect.

Platform?

PS5

Game-mode?

MyTeam, Braking Point (would guess other game modes as well, where you can have these interviews?)

[ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? If you know the players forum username, please tag as many people who were in your session here.

[ONLINE] Were you the host?

What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried.

None as this is not affecting gameplay.

Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party. 

Interview.thumb.jpg.9ed96d2d48d23f0219842e33d0b0b213.jpg

How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.

Go to any interview in MyTeam for example.

• Like 1
  • Administrator

Strange, only report of this I've seen. What graphics mode are you using? Isn't there a performance vs quality option on PS5 (apologies if not, I'm a Series S guy)

Yes there is. I use Quality in my PS5. HDR is on AUTO and Peak Nit Adjustment is 6. I have Sony 4k TV.

As said, not a big issue as not affecting gameplay at all.

Finally someone, who has the same issue: I have this thermal effect as well! On Interviews, in pre-race when the grid is shown (the flag looks strange with this thermal effect) and after sessions when I see the R&D points or money listings with my two drivers for example in myTeam. I am playing on PS5 as well, I have a 4k 60FPS Samsung Monitor with 27''. When I turn off HDR on the game and/or on the PS5 everything is fine, and as @GizT7 says it doesn't effect gameplay that much, but it looks really strange to me

@BarryBLReally, CM people don't play their own games? This happens at every interview, and its not exclusive to PS5 (as of this thread and youtube videos). As for me, I'm on PS4 Pro. Extremely hard to miss glitch if only CM devs were playing it.

Edited by SnowbellKitty
On 7/15/2021 at 4:31 PM, BarryBL said:

Strange, only report of this I've seen. What graphics mode are you using? Isn't there a performance vs quality option on PS5 (apologies if not, I'm a Series S guy)

It is in all game modes. Also in starting grid and race results.

@BarryBL

70C648EF-4C40-42E4-83CD-4AC5970D5095.thumb.jpeg.16043fefec16b8e9ce427ec8c9c7a561.jpeg00D48898-0BA3-4BCD-B4D6-C44E2D2D7604.thumb.jpeg.b7c926c2e425b3255aa7b59e3cc4f057.jpegCC34C8A1-407D-4B21-ADD6-DAC6BB91C1DA.thumb.jpeg.ab053325512662fb8e89e8342cca0f17.jpeg13752482-85E3-4439-BD0F-35AAC4415BDC.thumb.jpeg.06658b4378892800b5f25a74e0b02839.jpeg98010FAE-136D-4314-808B-732795D956A0.thumb.jpeg.3c8c16712a9e5c3610fcf740c7df7c62.jpeg

• Agree 1
9 hours ago, RemWal1996 said:

It is in all game modes. Also in starting grid and race results.

Yes, I think the interview case is just an extreme example of how background images appear through all semi-transparent menus/info boxes. I've not played career mode yet to see what interviews look like but in case it's helpful as part of the general picture I'll post an example from GP mode below. This is typical and my bet is this isn't how the devs were intending it to look. I certainly don't think it looks good. This was on PS5 in 120 Hz Performance Mode, running version 1.04.

• Agree 1

I saw this odd effect last night, where the white section of the Dutch flag ended up showing as black through the semi-transparent box, and the low resolution looked poor too:

This was on PS5 in 120 Hz Performance Mode, running version 1.04.

Edited by Ultra3142

So I'm not going crazy, its happening to most if not all folk who have the game.
Getting the thermal look on interviews and menus that have a box with info/text in the foreground, anything in the back ground seem to thermal out.
Kind of agree codemasters should be finding these things as un miss able if a single person actually took time to play test the game considering its a constant occurrence.
Kind of looking forward to reaching the Australian GP in career mode to find out if the tyre glitch that been present in the previous 3 or so games is still there LOL.
Would have thought being part of EA at least some quality control might be a bit stricter 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

@BarryBL is there a reason this is still marked as 'awaiting info'? If there is something specific you want I'm sure many of us could provide it.

It's been the weekend. I'm not touching the tags as it's a console issue.

43 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

This isn't a weekend related question - there has been loads of posts here for ages. I actually deliberately didn't reply till this morning as Barry will hopefully be working today 🙂.

• Agree 1

@BarryBL it would be helpful to have some guidance as to what additional information may be required to get this bug onto your list of recognised issues, unless it is already and it's just the thread tag that needs updating? This is easy to replicate. There are definitely higher priority issues to address but just trying to make sure this is 'on the list'.

In case it's helpful, below are two videos I captured last night, the first in performance mode and the second in quality mode (on PS5). These show spectated race footage in the background, and so demonstrate how the appearance through semi-transparent pop-up windows varies depending on what is going on in the background. Comparing to online footage from PC I'm certain this is not at all as intended.

On 8/2/2021 at 8:15 AM, steviejay69 said:

Whats "its a console issue" got to do with it ?  i posted this as a bug , guess its getting ignored

Edited by Madmaz116
2 minutes ago, TomAAA said:

This issue was in the 2020 game on Xbox  (not quite to this extreme) was reported last year. Looks like its got worse this year 

ah right , so yeh it will be ignored then

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Madmaz116 said:

ah right , so yeh it will be ignored then

Wont be ignore, just something I need to take a look at. On my radar 👍

• Thanks 1