Jump to content Jump to content

Absurd amount of driver transfers

BlueChzOlive

Halfway through my first season and a ton of drivers switched teams. It just kills any semblance of immersion and realism and makes me not want to play this game. 

How often do you see even 1 mid season driver transfer, much less half the grid? PLEASE tone this down or make it customizable.

AB132ED0-1F64-4459-B664-0816C111481B.jpeg

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, kalamazoo123 said:

Surely there has to still be the option to this off?

It would be beyond belief for me that they would remove such a requested, and already implemented, option??

If it's MyTeam mode there isn't an option to turn it off even in last year's game. Only driver career has it. 

I never understood the reasoning behind driver contracts being shorter than a season. IRL most contracts are 1 to 3 seasons, why do we have a few months contracts in the game, that makes no sense to me. Yes you should be able to fire a driver during a season (like Helmut Marko tends to do, times) but this should be a sensation and not something you repeat 30x over 10 seasons of myteam.

• Agree 4

5 hours ago, Schneehase said:

I never understood the reasoning behind driver contracts being shorter than a season. IRL most contracts are 1 to 3 seasons, why do we have a few months contracts in the game, that makes no sense to me. Yes you should be able to fire a driver during a season (like Helmut Marko tends to do, times) but this should be a sensation and not something you repeat 30x over 10 seasons of myteam.

I think it would be a perfect alternative use of the Focus stat. 
If a drivers focus gets dangerously low then he’s obviously not driving well and he would be in a position that he could lose his drive.  

id like an overhaul of the driver transfers where it’s based more on gossip and “could this driver go there?” And negotiations are more protracted and not just whimsical. 
Alternatively just give control to the player for who moves where and when. 

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, Matheus Narciso said:

I think you should lower the Drivers acclaim level in order to make it more difficult to happen. Just a guess

But does the most top drivers not have enough acclaim for changing the team they want ? 

But yes.. this really can be an immersion breaker. 😕

Edited by DonBlanko

I guess they tried to make it more common. Last year driver transfers never happened except when you would sign a different driver or someone retired. And even in that case there was a 50% chance that your old team mate would simply take the place of the new one in the other team. But depending on how often it happens now they might turn it down a little bit.

Edited by GnrDreagon