Jump to content Jump to content

Insanely high fuel consumption in my career (F1 2021)

Since I've started my career in F1 2021, Spain and Monaco have had insane fuel consumption (I've only gotten as far as finishing the Monaco race as of writing this). I am running a short qualifier (not a one-shot quali), and a mid distance race. I never noticed a fuel issue in Bahrain race, there I did a one-shot quali instead of a short quali.

For Spain I started with +9.5 laps worth of over-fuel, and in the last fifth of the race I went into Low Fuel Mode. (no screenshot available)

For Monaco, I started with +10 laps of over-fuel and I ended the race with +1 lap of fuel. (Screenshots included)

Not sure if its a bug or not, but my friend has also done the same races and he has not noticed this insane fuel consumption while doing short quali and mid distance race. I'm not sure that anyone else is seeing the same issues as myself.

If relevant, I am playing as My Team and running a Honda power unit.

image_2021-07-15_152550.png

image_2021-07-15_152609.png

Edited by DoughnutMann
Clarifying the game in question
  • DoughnutMann changed the title to Insanely high fuel consumption in my career (F1 2021)
  • Administrator

Please post in the right forum

Hi,

Thanks for reporting your issue. However, we do need a complete bug report to gain all the details needed to replicate and troubleshoot your issue. Please copy and paste the template from the below and fill in the answers.

Providing this information is vital for Codemasters to be able to investigate, replicate and hopefully solve your issue. Without this, we don't have the necessary information to replicate and diagnose the issue.
Many thanks
Barry

Same here, the exact same on 100% laps at the very first race - Bahrain on My Team mode. However apparently people are saying I'm more or less the only one...That's not correct.

Same issue here - started a co-op career in Bahrain with a friend last night. Did all the practice sessions to 100% R&D completion. Short qualifying and 25% race. Added an extra lap of fuel for race strategy. After 3 or 4 laps we both had huge fuel consumption issues and barely made it to the finish lapping 6/7 seconds off the pace.

We then put 3 laps of extra fuel in at Spain and more than half the surplus was gone by lap 7?

This only seems to affect this mode, I haven't had any issues on My Team, Braking Point, or GP at all, so does seem to be an unintended bug.

59 minutes ago, Wlad2110 said:

Turn off your traction control system, everytime you press your throttle 100% you use more fuel.

With right throttle usage I have no problems with fuel consumption

Thanks for the reply Wlad2110. I will certainly give that a try once I'm more confident with the game. But I'm not sure that explains the difference between co-op career and all the other modes. I've used the same settings on each one and as I host the game there aren't any hidden or restricted settings either.

1 hour ago, Lusingang85 said:

Thanks for the reply Wlad2110. I will certainly give that a try once I'm more confident with the game. But I'm not sure that explains the difference between co-op career and all the other modes. I've used the same settings on each one and as I host the game there aren't any hidden or restricted settings either.

Ah ok now I realized.

I did not play co-op carrer yet, only MyTeam and had no problem in MyTeam.

Need to check that as soon as the game lets me play online, because there is another issue that doesn't even let me play co-op

• Agree 1
On 7/18/2021 at 8:32 AM, Spotme2 said:

Same here, the exact same on 100% laps at the very first race - Bahrain on My Team mode. However apparently people are saying I'm more or less the only one...That's not correct.

I experienced the same issue. In both Bahrain in Spain, My Team season 1, the entire last lap was on low fuel mode. I've played almost 10 seasons My Team in F1 2020 and never had any issue with this. I play with no assists. 

I haven't done extensive testing yet, but it looks like if you don't change the fuel settings, you're fine. But once you lower your fuel settings (even just a bit), it goes crazy and you need to finish the last lap(s) in low fuel mode. 

For now I'm just not touching it at all. 

Just had this issue as well where fuel consumption is insanely high losing me 0.2 laps of extra fuel per lap at spain, my team career mode now I wasnt lifting and coasting or anything but this seems like an absurd amount of fuel to lose over 1 lap

Platform: xbox one s

Report code: KXBH-XSXJ-TKPV-GDED

Edited by Itsmijderobin

I have the same issue, Playing on ps5.

Playing in career mode, my team

Race one- no issue

Race two- Spain- first attempt I didn't touch the fuel level, by lap 10 I was on minus 5 laps of fuel.

Second attempt - added 5 laps of fuel. I had burned through all of this by lap 13

Third attempt- added 17 laps of fuel, burned through all of it by the last lap (50% race). I started coasting on corners and even when coasting it was dropping in fuel. 

This happening to me as well in my team mode.

Bahrain I had to put in an extensive amount of fuel about (22 laps worth) to actually finish the race. I am now in Spain and I can't finish the race with 24 laps worth of fuel.

I've tried this with the Renault and Honda motors to see if there was a difference and there doesn't seem to be.

I've had zero issues in multiplayer or the braking point.

• 1 month later...

The same problem appeared to me as well with PS4 Pro in Single Driver Career Mode.

I have been playing F1 games for quite a long time, so I am pretty advanced in managing fuel, so please avoid comments about lift and coasting or short shifting. Even when I am using mentioned fuel saving techniques, fuel usage is extremely huge and in the end, you need to overfuel inadequately to finish the race. For instance, main straight in Spain used 0.18 of my fuel. I tested this issue with simulating and actually doing all practice sessions, but it does not make any difference.

However, it looks like that other game modes have not this issue and this bug appears not to all players.