Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2015 D3D Error

F1 2015 crashed few times from game menu to desktop with this error: "The D3D Device has been removed! Reason 0x887A0006".
Then it tells me to update drivers (i´ve got the latest catalyst drivers win10 64bit) or lower graphics/texture settings. (with Ultra high settings benchmark gave me average result as 53fps, min 33fps, max 65fps.  I tried with "high" but same happened still....?????

They are already aware of this problem (along with the steam error 41 problem) but they haven't fixed them yet

@pseppala77 @r2d2juan please can you let me know exactly which graphics card you have and which operating system you're using.

Also if you can try the lowest settings and see if the issue still occurs that will tell us if it's a generic issue or if it's related to a specific setting.

I've been getting this today with my 980 under Win8.1 64bit with latest Nvidia drivers at default settings. I refreshed game cache but still did it until a few reboots. When it crashes with graphics errors it then says Error 41 unrelatedly.

Seems to do it if you run the game, exit, then reload, unless the game is started initially in a window... and then if you use alt+enter to go fullscreen, it crashes the driver again.

Interestingly(?) Corona Motorsport (not such a great game) also crashes the driver if running at max res on my PC, though lower res are fine. I'm running 2560x1440 at 144hz with GSYNC.

Incidentally, once F1 2015 has broken the D3D driver, no other games will then work fullscreen until you reboot, e.g. F1 2012 would only run in a window, and F1 Challenge 99-02 ran super slowly and/or didn't show anything.

Could also be a memory problem on your card, read in another post someone had same problem did a RMA (return) to NVidia got a new card and problem went away. Not sure if it was the same model but it may be something you want to investigate.