Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2015 D3D Error

pseppala77

F1 2015 crashed few times from game menu to desktop with this error: "The D3D Device has been removed! Reason 0x887A0006".
Then it tells me to update drivers (i´ve got the latest catalyst drivers win10 64bit) or lower graphics/texture settings. (with Ultra high settings benchmark gave me average result as 53fps, min 33fps, max 65fps.  I tried with "high" but same happened still....?????

• 3 weeks later...
  • Codemasters Staff
@pseppala77 @r2d2juan please can you let me know exactly which graphics card you have and which operating system you're using.

Also if you can try the lowest settings and see if the issue still occurs that will tell us if it's a generic issue or if it's related to a specific setting.

Seems to do it if you run the game, exit, then reload, unless the game is started initially in a window... and then if you use alt+enter to go fullscreen, it crashes the driver again.

Interestingly(?) Corona Motorsport (not such a great game) also crashes the driver if running at max res on my PC, though lower res are fine. I'm running 2560x1440 at 144hz with GSYNC.

Archived