Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2021 (and 2020 actually) crashes as soon as I start the game.  It turns my computer off, and does not give a crash report.  I have to re-download the game every time this happens.  However, it does not crash every time. I have been able to get about 5 hours in the game, but it has crashed probably 6 or 7 times.  It might be a hard ware issue, but I am unsure of how to check.  I did notice one of the times I started the game and it worked, my CPU was pinned at 100% usage while loading in, so maybe its heating up too fast and shuts down?  Nothing on the system is close to max usage while actually running the game. 

Thanks for the help.

I'm running the game through steam, and my graphics drivers are updated.  I can give more info as needed, if I have it.

System Specs:

Ryzen 3600

Aorus B550m Mobo

Gigabyte Gtx 1660 super

650 watt power supply

On 7/15/2021 at 7:59 PM, wandywutternubs said:

F1 2021 (and 2020 actually) crashes as soon as I start the game.  It turns my computer off, and does not give a crash report.  I have to re-download the game every time this happens.  However, it does not crash every time. I have been able to get about 5 hours in the game, but it has crashed probably 6 or 7 times.  It might be a hard ware issue, but I am unsure of how to check.  I did notice one of the times I started the game and it worked, my CPU was pinned at 100% usage while loading in, so maybe its heating up too fast and shuts down?  Nothing on the system is close to max usage while actually running the game. 

Thanks for the help.

I'm running the game through steam, and my graphics drivers are updated.  I can give more info as needed, if I have it.

System Specs:

Ryzen 3600

Aorus B550m Mobo

Gigabyte Gtx 1660 super

650 watt power supply

Please include the DxDiag file so we can have a look. make sure system and drivers are up to date. Most of these problems are hardware/system/driver related. 

On 7/18/2021 at 9:24 AM, YourHumanRights said:

same issue here , sometimes would uninstall itself but files are there. Also resolution settings would revert back.

Same applies to you @YourHumanRights, fill out the bug report and add your DxDiag file. Otherwise we can't help.

• Like 1

DxDiag.txt

• A detailed description of the issue:
    Game would fail to open and would shut down my pc, I have been able to play sometimes, when it decides to open up, I but also have to change resolution. I have done cpu and gpu tests and temps are fine. Graphics card driver is up to date as well. 

• What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried.
    tried installing and uninstalling game. verify files. etc

Posted (edited)

DxDiag.txt

14 hours ago, 1512marcel said:

Please include the DxDiag file so we can have a look. make sure system and drivers are up to date. Most of these problems are hardware/system/driver related. 

DxDiag.txtI have updated all of my drivers as far as I can tell.  I have also tried validating the files on steam, changing resolution, unplugging controllers from the pc, and reinstalling, etc.  The temps on the CPU and GPU are fine as well.  

Edited by wandywutternubs
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Are you running Bitdefender?

F1 2021 triggers Bitdefenders "Advanced Threat Defense" which blocks the game

Adding f1_2021.exe as an exception here will solve your issue.

When I run the game, the computer suddenly turns off. 

Sometimes the game is erased. But the file remains.  And when you enter the game after reinstalling, the resolution is changed to 1280X720.

Change the resolution to 1920X1080 in hardware_settings_config.xml and save and play the game.

However, if you run the game again after playing the game like this, the same phenomenon repeats.

I check windows update, graphics card , Steam cache file.  Everything is up to date. 

DxDiag.txt

• Administrator

Please ensure you are on the latest graphics drivers.

Also @shamu32, please provide the below:

How to find a crash dump

·         Browse to the folder where you have Steam installed, usually this will be C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam

·         Browse to the userdata folder and Search for *.zip or browse to through the numbered directories to the relevant remote directory. (Might want to be more clear on the process for this as it implies very hit and miss directions)

·         You should find a file named something like crash_dump#76561198061784954.zip

·         Make sure you add this to your completed bug report

How to find your in-game hardware settings file

·         Browse to your hard drive where windows in installed

·         Browse to "...\Documents\My Games\F1 2021\"

·         Right click on the hardwaresettings folder select Send To -> Compressed (zipped) folder

·         Make sure you add this to your completed bug report

• Administrator
2 hours ago, shamu32 said:

I check the graphics driver, it is  latest graphics driver.

my steam in D drive... And I can't find the crash dump file

hardwaresettings information is uploaded.

hardwaresettings.zip 4.31 kB · 0 downloads

Can you get into the menus? We dont know exactly when you crash. Please attach a video showing this

After turning off the computer, turn it on again and enter the game, the resolution is changed to 1280 720.

The other graphic settings are also changed to low and very low.

If i change the resolution only to 1920 1080 and then turn off the game and turn it back on, the same thing happens.

But when I change the resolution to Notepad using hardwaresettings to 1920 1080, it is fine for a while, but when I turn off the game and turn it back on after a few hours or a day, the same symptoms occur.

2021-08-18_Untitled.zip

• 1 month later...
On 7/22/2021 at 2:13 AM, wandywutternubs said:

DxDiag.txt 107.1 kB · 1 download

DxDiag.txtI have updated all of my drivers as far as I can tell.  I have also tried validating the files on steam, changing resolution, unplugging controllers from the pc, and reinstalling, etc.  The temps on the CPU and GPU are fine as well.  

No, you've not.

UEFI F14c (same on my B550M DS3H, works fine)

You're using USB audio, not the Realtek onboard (on mine, works fine). IDK what the issue is with USB audio but let's just say it causes the game to crash and has been pointed out many, many times on here. Neither users nor Codemasters seem to actually address the issue.

AMD PSP driver security update is for chipset driver. (Best done anyway after the UEFI update.)

There is a WER event in your dxdiag related to RGB Fusion, remove it and all other Gigabyte (cr)apps.

When you've done all this, delete the hardware_settings_config.xml and relaunch the game.

I have very similar hardware to you - only the audio and GPU differs. We will fix it.