Jump to content Jump to content

Please lift the limitations of "myteam" custom championship

Strongly agree! 

There should even be options to alter weather and race time like the Grand prix mode, the Career/Myteam modes re-playability would be literally off the chart if these options are available. If somehow it has something to do with limitation made by FOM, I wonder if it's possible to convince them and make it the way it is now on just the first season, then opens/unlock it for 2nd season and onward.

Completely agree. 
I can tolerate all the official tracks not being in the game, not really bothered as long as there’s still more than enough. I think there’ll be about 24/25 at the end when the other 3 are included. That’s fine, although I’d like more. 
However, it’s hard to then justify “it’s based on the official f1 season so can’t be customised too much” as a valid reason for restricting calendar reshuffling.

it’s either based on the official calendar, or it’s not. The argument shouldn’t work both ways.  And with tracks missing and incorrect, it’s not based on the official calendar. So I’d hope they will embrace it and provide the flexibility to design a season that’s unique and interesting. 

Even if it was from the second season of MyTeam and the first season was the ‘official’ 23 races to satisfy the licensey people.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Hopefully something like this will be added when Imola, Portimao and Jeddah are added. 

I'd hope they dont leave it how it is now and either expand the career modes to 23 races like it was planned or allow us to choose which 20 tracks are on the calendar from season one.

On 7/15/2021 at 8:08 PM, Schneehase said:

Please, lift these limitations from myteam career mode, and let us have the very same "custom calendar" settings like currently available in grand prix mode!!! 

On 7/15/2021 at 8:18 PM, Schneehase said:

F1 2021 Screenshot 2021.07.15 - 20.15.04.31.jpg

So, if we are looking for a chance to enhance myteam mode being able to use a custom championship like in grand prix mode, we need some more supporters here I suppose. Lets go buy some realism paired with additional replayability!

Editing the order of the season would be an awesome option. Especially given the way Covid has mixed things up. I suppose the 1 issue is the average weather if you put say Montreal in November or Zandvort in February. I get the 20, 16, or 10 since (I assume) the AI teams need to be programmed to deal with calendar length.

• Agree 1

I just want to say I completely agree. A variation of various calendars would be great. Gaming is about freedom and reducing restrictions is rarely a bad idea. I get the season length options would allow you to limit the potential for bugs involving MyTeam etc, though.

I just don't think this is a Codemasters decision tbh. IF so, we may have seen this done a while ago. 

It's always struck me as a FOM requirement, the game must present the season as is promoted and branded by F1. We've seen some leeway given in terms of number of tracks ina. season but each grand prix still has to be on it's specific weekend as promoted and branded by F1. 

Hope I'm wrong, maybe they can figure something out with FOM, but it's always felt like it's out of Codies hands to me. 

15 hours ago, KNT2011 said:

It's always struck me as a FOM requirement

I cant fathom, because it is present now in grand prix mode of F1 2021. What is the difference between grand prix mode, and myteam mode, that would be a problem with the FOM?

A technicality? 

You have two choices in GP mode right, you can race the full championship as licensed by FOM OR you can create a 'custom' championship which doesn't present itself as the official 2021 FIA Formula One World Championship la dee da. 

Where MyTeam etc. does present itself as the official championship season for 2021, even if you can remove some tracks - the remaining GP's will always happen on their 2021 date. And since the game only ever presents it as the 2021 season, even if it's 2029, it still has to be under the same agreed licensed structure.

If that makes sense :classic_laugh: It's just a theory but I'm pretty confident if pushed on it CM would cite FOM licensing issues. 

Edited by KNT2011

My guess is that things like resource point accrual and upgrade development rates in My Team have just been 'worked out' for the few season length options given. I can see it may not be a non-trivial change to just let people choose whatever they want in My Team, whereas it is in GP mode. This obviously doesn't mean that more flexibility couldn't be introduced though.

1 hour ago, Ultra3142 said:

My guess is that things like resource point accrual and upgrade development rates in My Team have just been 'worked out' for the few season length options given. I can see it may not be a non-trivial change to just let people choose whatever they want in My Team, whereas it is in GP mode. This obviously doesn't mean that more flexibility couldn't be introduced though.

True. But that would not be affected by race order. 

• Agree 1

Added some tags to the title.

It might be a long time if at all we get any statement from Codemaster staff concerning this, and they are certainly busy now, but I would be keen to learn, if anything in particular was the reason for myteam not having the same customization that GP mode has. Or in other words, if anything at all hinders the developer to add this to myteam as well. Any insight appreciated, and if it only was that this is noted and being looked into. Thanks!

Asking as an ignorant, but is there any line in the contract with FOM that says "representation of the actual F1 season originally planned/at the date of January 1st" or something like that? If not, isn't F1 already breaking this point?

If they can break that point, an actual representation isn't possible anymore, so people can represent the season as they want.

Remember, I'm an ignorant in contracts, especially UK ones, so I'm probably saying BS

15 hours ago, pspps1 said:

Asking as an ignorant, but is there any line in the contract with FOM that says "representation of the actual F1 season originally planned/at the date of January 1st" or something like that? If not, isn't F1 already breaking this point?

If they can break that point, an actual representation isn't possible anymore, so people can represent the season as they want.

Remember, I'm an ignorant in contracts, especially UK ones, so I'm probably saying BS

They have agreements with the relevant associated partners where they agree on the minutiae of what will be included for any given aspects (tracks, liveries, etc) and what won't be included.  In terms of tracks (as this post mainly covers those), there is a cut-off date that isn't exact but can be worked out by seeing what tracks are in the game and which ones aren't. For example, Canada is and Turkey (from the first time it was involved) isn't. So it's somewhere in the gap. At that point they'd have agreed with the relevant parties which ones were to be included and they'd have been signed off as acceptable.  Codemasters can't just willy-nilly choose what they include, but the relevant parties aren't naive enough to expect Codemasters to jump through unrealistic hoops so there's flexibility on both sides. 

I, like it seems for most people in this thread, can understand that Season 1 is restricted as that is the 2021 season that is supposed to be reflected <---- Queue people saying that it doesn't reflect it at all. 

However, i'd have expected more flexibility from Season 2 onwards, however that isn't apparently the case.  I can only assume the logo's, scenery and everything else still has F12021 plastered all over it and that means something in terms of representation. 

Alternatively, it could just be that they didn't think people would mind too much that some circuits are in and some are out as long as it has the right number. It has 20 atm, but I assume it'll turn to 23 when the new tracks are available and that it needs to have 20 in order for existing saves to be able to have them imported. 

• Agree 2

This is definitely something I would like to see. I remember looking at the seasons with 20 or 16 races and thinking, "But I want to be able to race THAT track and not THIS one. Why can't I select which ones I race?"

No change this year apparently (haven't started My Team yet).  Sad panda.