Jump to content Jump to content

Penalty system in ranked is still wack.

Are penalties so bad because of the limits if programming? Being forced to go wide to avoid contact results in a penalty. Making contact to avoid going wide results in a penalty. Getting rear-ended results in a penalty and so on and so on. It really kills the fun. 

I've reported. a bug with lapped cars not ghosting after one took me out, which is just great, but otherwise wasn't expecting big changes to penalties. 

I suspect the new damage and handling models will make a difference, even just slight damage to the front wing and it's tougher to get around the lap, we should see people avoiding contact a lot more (not everyone of course) once they start to realise this. 

31 minutes ago, KNT2011 said:

I've reported. a bug with lapped cars not ghosting after one took me out, which is just great, but otherwise wasn't expecting big changes to penalties. 

I suspect the new damage and handling models will make a difference, even just slight damage to the front wing and it's tougher to get around the lap, we should see people avoiding contact a lot more (not everyone of course) once they start to realise this. 

First race in Austria today in corner I crashed in a guy who couldn’t make the hairpin ??? not ghosted- but how could I know 

And of course when I quit the session the stupid remark that this will lead to  bla bla bla bla 

You know what I do not care anymore …… 

That I crashed into the car that had a spin is one thing - how the program is dealing with this since years is another ????????