Jump to content Jump to content

Team choice - Braking Point

Hi everyone, 

What would be the best / most realistic team to choose in Braking Point? In terms of results and stuff.

(No spoilers please, I've only watched chapters 1 and 2 on YouTube and i'm not planning on watching more until playing myself tomorrow)

It doesn't really matter, though choosing AlphaTauri doesn't make a lot of sense to me. It's the Red Bull junior team, yet Casper can be there despite being a veteran.

Racing Point/Aston Martin is likely the most realistic choice.

Spoilers, naturally! 
The only factual answer to this is Racing Point/Aston Martin. And even that is a stretch. 

There’s a part of the game where Casper is qualifying 4th. There’s a part where he has to get on the podium.   There’s a part when Aiden needs to get on the podium.   There are all things that can’t really be done in a Williams and a Haas so rules them out straight away.   Alfa Romeo is the same as this really and it’s the one I did. It felt odd with them talking about Alfa finishing 4th all the time as you’re competing with Alpha Tauri.  What happened to Ferrari/McLaren/Alpine/Aston? One of them has to finish 8th in the constructors at best.  Yet they’re all getting decent points in the actual game races you do. 
Fun F1 Fact; Casper is 52 years old and debuted alongside Eddie Irvine.. probably.  Therefore Alpha Tauri isn’t the most likely real ‘scenario’. 

Which leaves only Racing Point and Aston which are the only team that could conceivably be at the front of the midfield.  However, it means they’re neck and neck with Alfa Romeo, who shouldn’t be up there, and struggling to get a pink Mercedes to be any good. 
it also means that Lawrence Stroll booted his son off the team. 

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

Spoilers, naturally! 
The only factual answer to this is Racing Point/Aston Martin. And even that is a stretch. 

There’s a part of the game where Casper is qualifying 4th. There’s a part where he has to get on the podium.   There’s a part when Aiden needs to get on the podium.   There are all things that can’t really be done in a Williams and a Haas so rules them out straight away.   Alfa Romeo is the same as this really and it’s the one I did. It felt odd with them talking about Alfa finishing 4th all the time as you’re competing with Alpha Tauri.  What happened to Ferrari/McLaren/Alpine/Aston? One of them has to finish 8th in the constructors at best.  Yet they’re all getting decent points in the actual game races you do. 
Fun F1 Fact; Casper is 52 years old and debuted alongside Eddie Irvine.. probably.  Therefore Alpha Tauri isn’t the most likely real ‘scenario’. 

Which leaves only Racing Point and Aston which are the only team that could conceivably be at the front of the midfield.  However, it means they’re neck and neck with Alfa Romeo, who shouldn’t be up there, and struggling to get a pink Mercedes to be any good. 
it also means that Lawrence Stroll booted his son off the team. 

I've played as Haas and my rivals were Williams. That was a worst story mode I've ever played. Less features in the game for this let's be honest ****, it's just ridiculously bad hah

1 hour ago, JanKondler said:

I've played as Haas and my rivals were Williams. That was a worst story mode I've ever played. Less features in the game for this let's be honest ****, it's just ridiculously bad hah

So, while the two slowest cars are battling it out for 4th (Haas and Williams) who is finishing at the back instead? 😂

I am not averse to a story mode but there were alot of holes in the story, I thought. Some people loved it, some people hated it but i'm in the middle(ish) where I thought it was a nice effort for a first go around but something that didn't completely enthrall me. 

I'm sorry you really didn't like it though! 

15 minutes ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

So, while the two slowest cars are battling it out for 4th (Haas and Williams) who is finishing at the back instead? 😂

I am not averse to a story mode but there were alot of holes in the story, I thought. Some people loved it, some people hated it but i'm in the middle(ish) where I thought it was a nice effort for a first go around but something that didn't completely enthrall me. 

I'm sorry you really didn't like it though! 

Alfa Romeo and Alpha Tauri were not just at the back but we were lapping them and they were like 5 second a lap slower and I was playing on hard difficulty. I'm playing usually on 100 AI but I can tell that hard difficulty was like idk 60 or something like that. It is just a mode for netflix fans, but really really cheap one xd