Jump to content Jump to content

Expert race style is impossible to play with

19 minutes ago, SomaticCoast375 said:

For some reason when you have it on you can’t make a lot of corners without braking so much and you are much slower than the Ai.  The Standard race style makes car work how it should be 

It's the exact same. Only difference is access to deeper game features and extra assists...that's probably your issue, the assists

• Agree 4
12 minutes ago, DerpTheThird said:

It's the exact same. Only difference is access to deeper game features and extra assists...that's probably your issue, the assists

Nah I do the exact same assists on both and there’s a clear difference in how the car takes the corner

• Disagree 2
12 minutes ago, Blackmoon14 said:

so for example a track you struggle on and your setup:

I did both Silverstone and Austria without a proper setup on the expert driver style and the car couldn’t drive like normal. But when I used the same setup around Austria in standard driving style the car drove how it should 

honestly it just sounds like the assists are just making it easier to drive, which is what they are supposed to do

practice a bit more, get used to the new cars, and tweak the setups for specific track.

it might also be tyre temps, i think you can change how they work in the settings, just grasping for some reason without knowing all the settings you have on, im sure there is something in there

• Agree 4

Besides I have the feeling, that setup changes now makes a bigger difference in car handling. I really like that. I noticed a lot less grip when I lowered the wings in spain a bit, or when I made less camber. So rare changes, seems to make noticeable effect. Great!

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
9 hours ago, SomaticCoast375 said:

I did both Silverstone and Austria without a proper setup on the expert driver style and the car couldn’t drive like normal. But when I used the same setup around Austria in standard driving style the car drove how it should 

Hmmm I might need to try the standard options and see what the difference is for me. Maybe the expert similation options require more accurate steering input than a controller can give?

1 minute ago, Zachrulez said:

Hmmm I might need to try the standard options and see what the difference is for me. Maybe the expert similation options require more accurate steering input than a controller can give?

Yh I think this is the reason because I would go all the way to left or right on my controller and for some reason won’t make some of the corner without braking way too much. I think you need a wheel for it

I just tried this out and for some reason i have the same feeling. There is no difference at all between the assists of Standard and Expert but for some reason the car is much better on the front with Standard. Same setup as before, i gained 2-3 tenths in Bahrain T11 and T12 on the expert mode alone, the car was incredible there.

Very suprising. I also play on the Pad, might have something to do with that

Hmmm, I thought these presets were just to change what options were actually available, not affect the handling if the same options are selected. 

@BarryBLCan you confirm on this? Standard and Expert shouldn't feel different on track if you have the same assists etc. selected, right? 

If so then perhaps it's a bug. 

5 minutes ago, SomaticCoast375 said:

Right I’ve been trying expert mode in time trial and it’s all fine so it seems it’s a Grand Prix issue 

You might want to log it in Report an Issue if you have time mate, with your experience of it. 

Otherwise I'm glad to hear, or there'd be some arbitrary handling difference we can't calculate or compensate for and I couldn't deal with that haha. 

Edited by KNT2011
1 hour ago, KNT2011 said:

You might want to log it in Report an Issue if you have time mate, with your experience of it. 

Otherwise I'm glad to hear, or there'd be some arbitrary handling difference we can't calculate or compensate for and I couldn't deal with that haha. 

Yh I reported it 

20 hours ago, SomaticCoast375 said:

Nah I do the exact same assists on both and there’s a clear difference in how the car takes the corner

I started by using my old setups from 2020, bad idea, you need to start a fresh with setups. I suspect that maybe your issue. 

There is actually a clear difference between expert and standard. The car responds more like how I expect from 2020 with standard. With expert the car response is very different. It's probably intended to give you more accuracy (In my case it just leads to the car running slower.) but controller users are probably well advised to run in standard mode.

Edited by Zachrulez