Jump to content Jump to content

Is it normal that only Mazepin has the "Other" as his flag?

I'm not sure whether it's a miss or intentional, but Mazepin has the "Other" flag while his fellow Russian Robert Shwartzman still has the Russian flag. hate him or not, I still have to say it looks really weird to have a random flag shown on the grid instead of a proper country flag. 

8 minutes ago, DRTApophis said:

I'm not sure whether it's a miss or intentional, but Mazepin has the "Other" flag while his fellow Russian Robert Shwartzman still has the Russian flag. hate him or not, I still have to say it looks really weird to have a random flag shown on the grid instead of a proper country flag. 

I remember it had something to do with the Russian Olympics scandal but I might be wrong  

Russia Banned From Olympics and Global Sports for 4 Years Over Doping. ... The World Anti-Doping Agency also barred Russian sports and government officials from the Games and prohibited the country from hosting international events.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, NestoChe said:

I remember it had something to do with the Russian Olympics scandal but I might be wrong  

Russia Banned From Olympics and Global Sports for 4 Years Over Doping. ... The World Anti-Doping Agency also barred Russian sports and government officials from the Games and prohibited the country from hosting international events.

But how come Robert could still retain his Russian flag in the game? 

3 minutes ago, DRTApophis said:

Robert?  is he an F2 driver?.   I'm not sure, like I said, I may be incorrect but I recall something to the effect of F1, I think Kiviat didn't have his flag either...but I can't remember now..  Maybe someone who knows more might chime in and tell us.

Edited by NestoChe
1 minute ago, DRTApophis said:

It would appear that Ferrari junior driver Robert Shwartzman will be permitted to still race under the Russian flag in Formula 2 as it is not an FIA world championship, putting it outside of the CAS ruling.

From the article I linked above. Mate, and sometimes I think my condo meetings are complicated...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Just now, marioho said:

It would appear that Ferrari junior driver Robert Shwartzman will be permitted to still race under the Russian flag in Formula 2 as it is not an FIA world championship, putting it outside of the CAS ruling.

From the article I linked above. Mate, and sometimes I think my condo meetings are complicated...

Aha so that's why, man, tough luck for our golden boy Mazepin then LOLZ 

(Gotta try to find a way to replace Mazepin with Shwartzman in Haas then so I don't need to see that random flag anymore, such an eye-sore lol)

Robert is allowed to use it now as it's not a World Championship in F2 and below.

However, if he was promoted, (say Ferrari binned off Gio after the British Grand Prix) then he'd lose the Russian flag and would also use RAF/World.  

At least that was how it was when I looked it up a few months ago when I saw he, and Smolyar, could have Russian designs. 

I think therefore it's an oversight because he's allowed it currently.