Can't connect to RaceNet? *POST HERE!*

Hi all,
Can connect to racenet, i'm new with the game.
All the best

CODEMASTERS !!!! ... ANSWER THESE BLOODY POST AND STOP PISSING PEOPLE OFF, THIS WILL THE LAST TIME I BUY A GAME FROM CODEMASTERS EVER AGAIN ... HOW DO I GET A REFUND NOW THAT YOU REFUSE TO ANSWER OF FIX THE PROBLEM .... I WANT AN ANSWER NOW, POSTED THIS PROBLEM ON CODEMASTERS FACEBOOK PAGE ASWELL AND STILL NOTHING , P155 P00R EFFORT CODEMASTERS !!!

THIS IS NOT A SUPPORT POST - IT IS ALSO NOT A CURRENT POST.

THIS IS FOR A PROBLEM THAT HAPPENED FOR EVERYONE A YEAR AGO.  CONTACT CM SUPPORT INSTEAD.

THIS IS NOT A SUPPORT POST - IT IS ALSO NOT A CURRENT POST.

THIS IS FOR A PROBLEM THAT HAPPENED FOR EVERYONE A YEAR AGO.  CONTACT CM SUPPORT INSTEAD.
1.  The forum says, Can't connect to RaceNet? *POST HERE!* ...  So i did, You have a problem with that F2CMaDMaXX ?
2.  This is a current issue and people are still having the same problem and its still not fixed, I dont care if its 11 months old, the problem is still there. The forum says, Can't connect to RaceNet? *POST HERE! (Post started on September 2015 and its still concurrent & problem is still not fixed)
3.  Contacted Codemaster support and there no help from them thats why iam posting everywhere to get there attention or my money back
4.  I paid for the game, I have every right to post here. Do you have a problem with that too F2CMaDMaXX ?

Free Advice ...
1.  Cross platform gaming is causing gaming problems within the community, buy a real gaming machine, buy a PC
2.  Racenet servers need to be upgraded as they cant handle the connections with cross platform gaming, Upgrade you servers and data speeds and maybe you wont get this "bottleneck" affect when it hits your server, thats why we cant connect

NOT A HAPPY CAMPER !!!

Just what exactly would your reaction be if i answered "yes" to your odd questions?

Anyway, what i was trying to explain was that this was a major outage type issue, the problem affected a lot of users.

The problem you're having is not a service issue, why don't you start with posting some details about it, platform, geographical location, when it happens/what you do when it does?

Nobody wants unsolicited advice, free or otherwise.

And just for further info, my ps4 connects to racenet and plays Dirt everyday with no problems.

Just what exactly would your reaction be if i answered "yes" to your odd questions?

Anyway, what i was trying to explain was that this was a major outage type issue, the problem affected a lot of users.

The problem you're having is not a service issue, why don't you start with posting some details about it, platform, geographical location, when it happens/what you do when it does?

Nobody wants unsolicited advice, free or otherwise.
info:
1.  Iam a PC technician
2. Intel i5 - W7 - nVidia GTX 580 / 2gb - 10GB memory - PC tweeked for gaming ( only having issues with cross platform games all other games work fine except "Warthunder" its a crossplatform game too and its doing the same thing but its not as bad as dirt rally)
3. In Australia, ADSL2+
4. Happens all the time, sometimes I can get a few stages in before it disconnects me, When it happens i get a message "Cannot connect to racenet, try again later" thats when the keyboard almost go's throught the windows while iam thinking, why did i waste my money on this shit.
5. To top it off, I didnt want to get into right now , but its not saving my progress and it wont let me move on to the Masters stage, its stuck at elite for the last 3 weeks, i have brought this same car 5 times now. I know i have wasted $65 on this crap and its the last time i will but a game from codemasters. You can think what yous want, I didnt pay $65.00  to play games offline,  I expect it to work online but that not happening either and they wont fix the problem..
6. As for Nobody wants unsolicited advice, free or otherwise ... Dont ever knock back free advice, plus who made you Codemaster police ?
madwak said:
And just for further info, my ps4 connects to racenet and plays Dirt everyday with no problems.
Yep i hear ya m8, But try playing it on a PC ... This is what happens when you cross platform games and this happens all the time in "Warthunder" which is a crossed platform game too. Funny thing is i have alot of stand alone games and i dont get this problem, Its only these cross platform games causing the issue and its either steam or Codemasters. I put money on it that Codemasters cant handle the connections with cross platform gaming with consoles / PC, This is causing a bottleneck at the "racenet server", If its over loaded then it wont let you connect. If its not Codemasters or steam then i would test the "nodes and hops" from my pc by doing a tracert, but i dont know there racenet server IP

Ugh, alright, thanks for the relevant info, i'm reasonably certain i know what the problem is (outside of being in Aus)

Before i start, i need to say that i don't think cross platform gaming means what you think it means, at least, you keep calling this and Warthunder, cross platform games, only WT is, and only since last year.
DR is available on multi platforms, but neither the gameplay, nor the scoreboards are shared across platforms.

Anyway, the info about your single player is what tipped me off with this, you will need to do the following to fix all those issues:

1) Go find your DR install directory, delete all files and folders inside it (not a game uninstall) 
2) Tell steam to validate the cache.

Doing 2 without 1 will not fix this, neither will uninstalling & reinstalling.  Let us know how you get on.

T3ZZA13 said:

4.  I paid for the game, I have every right to post here. Do you have a problem with that too F2CMaDMaXX ?

Free Advice ...
Read the rules. You have every right to post here, until you start being insulting to other members, then I have every right to ban you.

You don't want forum members to reply to you? Don't post on a forum

POST AWAY PEOPLE, BUT REMEMBER I HAVE A SAY TOO ...  If you want to banned me that fine mate lol,  No sleep lost here just $65 ive paid for the game, but I have every right to post here like you say, Taking my money and running is not going to happen codemasters, i brought there product and if it dose not work then i will post it here where its says,  Can't connect to RaceNet? *POST HERE! ?????????????????????????????????
Banning people wont fix the probllem m8, Just make it worse buy hiding it , If codemasters owns this forum then  tell them to reply to me with an answer or fix, If they dont own it let me know so i can contact the real game developers, not a fake one.  If they dont fix it then that will be the last time i buy anything for codemasters, in fact they can refund me my purchase if that the case, They released a game they dont support and its full of bugs.

PS:  Also. that 13 behind my name is not my age it my lucky number Just incase you think iam a noob, Iam 46

1) Go find your DR install directory, delete all files and folders inside it (not a game uninstall) 
2) Tell steam to validate the cache.
Doing 2 without 1 will not fix this, neither will uninstalling & reinstalling.  Let us know how you get on.

Tryed this too a still not luck ... Was not happy downloading   38.9GB ...  I give up, Last time i will buy anything from codemasters, Rob me of $65

The reason why you are getting no progress saved in the championship and seemingly randomly kicked in anything online event related, is because the game is finding/seeing files that it does not like (error checking/"cheat" detection of files deemed not editable).

This also includes extra files and folders, for example, a renamed folder, or copied original file that is renamed, .old or whatever, it doesn't matter, it will give you this problem.

Sucks to be on a metered connection, i don't wish that on anyone.  Anyway, i've given you the technical reason, it's going to be up to you to fix this one now.

I still can't connect :neutral: 
Still enjoy it do :smile:
Yeah CarlosSimões,  Ive been trying for the last few months , Ive done 2  full reinstalls (Downloaded 39GB x 2) of game etc and it still wont connect to racenet, It sometimes connects for about 2 minutes and takes me to the leagues/events online but as soon as i click race, it disconnect from racenet servers, As you would have seen in above post ive tryed to find out the problem and all i can put it down to is "crossplate form gaming" as i have this same problem in my other cross plate form game called (Warthunder). Codemasters cant even patch or fix the " Can't connect to RaceNet" issue that has been a problem since the day it was released. Ive wasted weeks trying to solve the problem but when its a codemasters problem, i cant do anything but keep busting there balls for a fix as they ripped me for $65 at the moment for a game that only works offline. Ive contacted Codermaster support and they dont have a fix, Everyone keeps telling me to reinstall game, Done that twice and its still the same ... Stupid cross plate form gaming .
FYI ... Iam a PC technician and i love my gaming and if anyone can get a game going it would be me, Cant do anything when its codemaster racenet that is the issue, Iam thinking that there racenet server are overloaded with data coming from all PC and consoles gamers to a server causing a bottleneck at there racenet servers and in turn dropping connections, Hence .... Cant connect to racenet, please try again later error, I bet a months wages on it, thats the problem right there but they dont want to admit it.

Will you knock it off with the "crossplate form gaming" stuff, you should know it's not that, and if you're having the same problem with another game, don't you think there's a common theme running here?

Like i said before, if you're not gaining single player progress, it's because there is a file that the game is seeing that it doesn't want to see, you're the technician, work it out from there.

Will you knock it off with the "crossplate form gaming" stuff, you should know it's not that, and if you're having the same problem with another game, don't you think there's a common theme running here?

Like i said before, if you're not gaining single player progress, it's because there is a file that the game is seeing that it doesn't want to see, you're the technician, work it out from there.
Indeed.
It occured to me once or two, I've had to mess up with the steam's appdata profile.

If you've reinstalled the game without doing that you could as well not do anything. I've fixed it without doing anything with the game files itself. @F2CMaDMaXX
was really an exception where he was looking for a solution throught half(?) of the early access stage and ended up with removing literally everything related to DiRT until it was true that the Steam reinstaller is worth ***BEEEP***.

Something like that, although i found a half dozen people on steam who suffered from the same problem, and the same fix essentially worked for them.

F2CMadMaXX ... You need to stop telling people to reinstall the game to fix it if it dont connect to race net. I have reinstalled downloaded 39.5GB  twice and iam still having the same problem so that is not the fix for this. I have read almost all your post and from what i can make from them is when you had the same problem, you where adding extra files like a "skinpack etc" to the install, Thats how you know about the extra files and telling me to delete them because you kept doing that untill you worked it out that it was these files that was causing the issue and you mention it in your post. I have a fresh install with no files added  (I DONT ADD ANY FILES ETC BTW) and it still wont play fair.. So your fix to download and reinstall the games is not the fix for everyone, You tell me why there are so many people having the same issue, what your answer for that, why is it happening in the first place on fresh installs ??? .... BELOW IS A TRACRT FROM MY PC TO  "racenet.codemasters.com " As you can see there are 4 dead nodes, so the reason it cant connect to racenet is because of these nodes and reinstalling wont fix the problem ... SOLVED !!! Codemaster has a piss poor gaming network, How do you connect to racenet when there are nodes down,

C:\Users\T3ZZA_I5>tracert racenet.codemasters.com

Tracing route to racenet.codemasters.com [94.75.196.203]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1     1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  192.168.1.1
  2    37 ms    36 ms    37 ms  sydnmtc-lns12.syd.nsw.m2core.net.au [122.148.3.190]
  3    38 ms    38 ms    38 ms  be2-v547-bsr02-sydnmtc.syd.nsw.m2core.net.au [122.148.4.81]
  4    39 ms    38 ms    38 ms  TenGigE0-0-0-3.chw-edge902.sydney.telstra.net [139.130.197.141]
  5    41 ms    39 ms    40 ms  bundle-ether14.chw-core10.sydney.telstra.net [203.50.11.100]
  6    41 ms    40 ms    39 ms  bundle-ether1.oxf-gw11.sydney.telstra.net [203.50.6.93]
  7    40 ms    41 ms    41 ms  bundle-ether1.sydo-core03.sydney.reach.com [203.50.13.98]
  8    40 ms    40 ms    39 ms  i-0-1-0-16.sydo-core04.bi.telstraglobal.net [202.84.222.58]
  9   194 ms   195 ms   195 ms  i-0-3-0-5.eqnx-core01.bx.telstraglobal.net [202.84.141.5]
 10   201 ms   200 ms   201 ms  i-0-4-0-4.eqnx03.bi.telstraglobal.net [202.40.149.42]
 11     *        *        *     Request timed out. <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<  DEAD NODE
 12   258 ms   258 ms   257 ms  217.20.125.56
 13     *        *        *     Request timed out. <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<  DEAD NODE
 14     *        *        *     Request timed out. <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<  DEAD NODE
 15     *        *        *     Request timed out. <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<  DEAD NODE
 16   349 ms   348 ms   349 ms  hosted-by.leaseweb.com [94.75.211.22]
 17   352 ms   352 ms   352 ms  94.75.196.12
 18   354 ms   354 ms   354 ms  94.75.196.203

Trace complete.

C:\Users\T3ZZA_I5>

Oh dear, where to start? hmmm.

Alright, that's not how i worked it out, nor is/was it the cause, i worked with CM to see what was happening.  As much as i do use custom files for the game, i don't use ones that the online portion checks/cares about; after fixing, i put them all back and i'm still fine.

As i said, the cause is for the game finding/seeing something that it doesn't like, the generic fix that will work for people is usually to clear any and all install folders and install again.  That's not the "fix" - it's just a 'fix' that if people do it, it will usually work (try telling someone without much computer knowledge to go find files that are extraneous to the original install.

That's not to say it's a fix for all racenet problems, you're right there.  However,. people with racenet issues, that can sometimes connect or disconnect after initially connecting fine, this is a strong cause (extra files/files it doesn't like)  Usually the single player progression not being remembered is a good sign this is indeed the case.

Lastly, you need to learn how tracert works, nothing wrong there with that trace you performed.

Lastly, you need to learn how tracert works, nothing wrong there with that trace you performed.
WHAT ? ....  Dont think so m8, there are issues with my nodes/hops and you are trying to tell me that it wont effect me, Iam not that silly lol.
There is a network issue there and untill thats fixed, its still going to cause me problems. I have been running co-location gaming server etc for almost 10 years and alot of problems that i come across is if a node is down, then it going to cause time outs or packet loss. Hence, cant connect to race net
Back to codemaster support now and inform them that have node issues to see if they can fix the problem

It's not uncommon for nodes to be set to ignore tracert requests (or just plain can't/doesn't respond to them), if you got those at the final destination, then you'd have a problem.

CODEMASTER SUPPORT REPLY with my answers, Code master wont except that they have a problem and it looks like they dont read the forums either or they would know that alot of people are having this issue, Poor support at codemasters if any

Thank you for submitting your recent request to Codemasters Customer Services concerning Dirt Rally.

Unfortunately we are not responsible for packet loss on the route to our servers I'm afraid and those servers are operating normally at the current time .... (PROBLEM IS RIGHT HERE !!!!)

We can, however, make some recommendations

- Ensure that you have the fastest connection available to you and that you have a good ISP that is close to a major internet backbone. ISP rating guides are quite common on the internet and in Magazines, so refer to these for more information .... (ADSL2+)

- Contact your ISP to see if your connection is suitable for gaming and if they have an alternative connection point that they can offer, which is less likely to suffer from congestion. ..... (Bullshit ?)

- If you are using a (A)DSL connection, ask your ISP for the contention ratio that they apply (this will be the maximum number of users that share your bandwidth). A typical ratio is 50:1. Anything more than that may result in problems during peak hours ... (No affect, country town plus it dont mater what time of day or night, it still keep getting disconnects)

- Playing at times when fewer other users will be using the internet, if possible, will also reduce congestion problems (particularly if using (A)DSL for the reason above) ... (Live by myself)

- You should shutdown all other applications that might use the internet whilst playing the game. This includes any messenger/email software, any voice chat or internet telephone applications, internet browsers, media players etc ... (PC tweeked for gaming no extra background services running, Gaming PC only)

- To ensure that your PC is working at peak efficiency, reduce any game graphics and sound options that reduce the frame rate you experience in-game. You should also ensure that your PC has all the latest drivers installed for your hardware. ... (All my Drivers are up to date, iam having a network disconnects from racenet not PC graphic issues)

- Also ensure that you have the latest firmware installed for any routers/modems etc, particularly for wireless devices. ... (checked and fully updated with latest firmware)

- Make sure if you are using a router or hardware firewall that all of the ports the game uses are opened/forwarded. ... (I have opened all ports and some i dont need to open aswell ,xbox ports, ps4 ports and a PC port, Iam a PC gamer)

- As long as you have a correctly configured firewall in place you should have no need for anti-virus software to be scanning in memory. You can turn this feature off whilst playing and turn it back on again for internet browsing .... (Triedthis and turned off everything but still nothing, still cant connect)

- Turn off any music playing software or any other program you have running whilst you are playing the game.... (Its a gaming PC only, Games only )

- You should also choose the games with the lowest ping where this is displayed.... (I would if i can get a connection to your racenet server but it wont connect ????, )

Its a network issue, when it disconnects you from racenet, basic networking 101

You should probably listen to them, and all the others saying it's not them, it's you/your ISP.

They are 100% correct that they are not responsible for the routing you take in getting to their servers, that's down to your ISP.  Again, those nodes not responding are probably not the issue, either way, it's also not CM's issue.

There are *not* a load of other people with the problem, most people are running fine.  Perhaps a review of network 101 is in order?

You should probably listen to them, and all the others saying it's not them, it's you/your ISP.

They are 100% correct that they are not responsible for the routing you take in getting to their servers, that's down to your ISP.  Again, those nodes not responding are probably not the issue, either way, it's also not CM's issue.

There are *not* a load of other people with the problem, most people are running fine.  Perhaps a review of network 101 is in order?
There are other people having issues to, I  have 8 others friends that play DIRT RALLY and they have disconnect issues all the time as well but they can rejoin again after a few minutes and there have been days that they couldn't connect at all. Maybe it could be my ISP (Dodo) or an Australian thing, but its still a network issue 101 The hops that it takes to the server would be causing my packet loss and we dont know what switches they have in place, there countless possibilities why its disconnecting from racenet, servers could be overloaded, poor infrastructure, broadcast storms, cheap switches, who knows plus hosting there servers in the Netherlands is not very a smart idea either, 80% of the world trash is hosted from data centers in the Netherlands if you know what i mean. Will check out my ISP and see if they can fix my disconnections, figures crossed ....  Maybe one day i mite get to race you on track once i get this fixed  F2CMaDMaXX    :)

One day hopefully.

NL hosting isn't bad, but i know what you mean, all you can hope for is that your ISP not only *has* options to re-route, but that they *will* re-route.
AU isn't the greatest place to connect to the rest of the world from, but it's getting a little better than it used to be, getting rid of the data cap as it exists today would be a great start.