DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

Can't connect to RaceNet? *POST HERE!*

PJTierney

This is a very old thread, use the new one instead:

Message added by PJTierney

Well I guess you know cause everything's down but just in case - can't connect to anything at this moment.

For a week it is impossible to connect to the leagues, this will ocure many people in Spain, however no connection problem events.

The problem continues to
Unable to connect to the private leagues. please you are looking at this problem.

I solved.                                                                                                                                                       

@Hatward 
Dirt League
League description:
The 128 Rally - One Hundred and 28 stages. No Restarts. No Service Areas. The DiRT Rally Championship League for the Codies Forums Keep. it. lit. like facebook.com/dirtgame follow twitter.com/dirtgame

1ST TIME FINNISH

Both of these old leagues left, (only two i was in) and i still cannot start/continue the Grp B RWD weekly that'll have ended when you read this, kind of a shame, i can sign into racenet, get all the way up to repairing me vehicle (completed first two stages in Finland) and hit start for the monte stage, screen fades to black, pauses, then back to the main menu, failed to connect to racenet.  Any attempt at entering online events insta-states that same message.

However, i can exit and start the game again and it'll try all over again, but fail at the same point.

I'm having trouble to connect to racenet. It sometimes connect and sometimes doesn't connect to online events, like the daily or weekly events. I'm actively playing every day, and since 17/11 I've been having trouble with this.

Same here, has been fine all year and just in the past week it has randomly caused issues, failing only at the race start point, no problem logging in otherwise.

Same here, has been fine all year and just in the past week it has randomly caused issues, failing only at the race start point, no problem logging in otherwise.
I noticed that this only happens with the Weekly 2, the one with the 2000's in Finland, I have no problems with the rest.
The thing is, that every time I try to enter that event it kicks me right when I'm about to start, and then it doesn't allow me to enter any online event until I restart DIRT Rally.
Exact same case as F2CMaDMaXX
Please help @Hatward or whoever can
Thanks!

@F2CMaDMaXX I think I just found out what the problem is, I tried it in the Weekly and Montly event, both same results;
Whenever I try to play in my Citroen C4 with a modded livery this happens, any other car or the same car with stock livery works. Bye bye modded livery for me, it must create some conflict with the code.

This is the mod. It is a shame because it looks great:
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/kimi-r%C3%A4ikk%C3%B6nen-citroen-c4-wrc-2010.7870/
I reinstated the original livery and it works perfectly.

That will be a difficult one to check, as i cannot retry the event once it's failed, and if it works, i can't tell if it would have failed, however, i do have a modded C4 skin (not the same one), so i'll take that out and see if it makes any difference, although my other skins are working fine and i don't recall having a daily with the C4 that didn't run.

I'm pretty sure that's what it was for me, I tried every possibility. If you haven't done the weekly 2 or the monthly events yet you should give it a try, first with your modded livery and then without it to spot the problem.

Yeah, i haven't, well, actually i think i started the 2000 one, did you fail on starting that? or the GrpB RWD?

Didn't manage to do any dailies etc yesterday, but the weeklys as you can reset them i believe, would be a good test.

GusPerez said:
I solved.                                                                                                                                                       
Hello can you explain your solution?
thank you.

Hi there, the problems continue, backup problems, connections, unable to use his personal settings in leagues as well as the risky time for repairs.
Yours.

A game that I loved so much, now I hate it immensely.
Can someone from the developers make even clear what is going on here ?
I have been playing from the first hours with DR, meanwhile I am sitting at 8290 km. 
That suddenly the damn "Can not connect to RaceNet" show up and just can not be solved.
Even my best times are just not saved anymore in custom.
Randomly, this problem occurs, sometimes not but it usually does..some pretty annoying..
so annoying that I beginning to hate this game.

The daily, weekly, monthly events almost always work for me now.  Some leagues do not; I have not found any correlation as to why.  Is it possible to get debug output when there's a failure to connect to RaceNet so we can pass it along to you?

The current league I cannot join is called "STONEY CHALLENGE" and I've attempted to leave and rejoin the league as well as uninstallation/reinstallation of the game itself.  Neither of those options allowed me to join resulting in the RaceNet error.  The creator of this league created another test league for me to join which did work.

Ive just bought the game and i cant connect at all soon as i turn game on says failed to connect to racenet even though its all linked to my steam acc.

Blackshuck4252 - try to sign in to racenet on web browser (don't close web browser window)  and then run Dirt Rally.  

I get this error in DR when I exit a Championship race back to the menu. It doesn't save my progress either. *smh*