DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

Can't connect to RaceNet? *POST HERE!*

PJTierney

This is a very old thread, use the new one instead:

Message added by PJTierney

Did you reinstall DR from Steam only, not involving the DVD?

Where are you geographically?  can you connect to Racenet the website?  Also dirtgame.com and sign in ok?

I  can't sign into Racenet on PS4. Would like to check out some league stuff.  I can do the dailys, weeklys, and race online rallycross.   Everytime I try to sign into Racenet it says that Racenet is down.   Any news on when it will be up?

Did you reinstall DR from Steam only, not involving the DVD?

Where are you geographically?  can you connect to Racenet the website?  Also dirtgame.com and sign in ok?

Steam updates my dirt rally today, now it is working, don´t know why. Thanks anyway!

Good afternoon.
I'm sick of CONNECTION fault error with racenet, provided that you have installed the new update this error was not corrected !
In addition to not let participate in leagues now not record my best times... I'm sick !! I never bought a game you were with so many errors , that beyond the most is not just me all my steam friends who bought the game have also the same problem with the CONNECTION with racenet !!!

I cannot connect to racenet when I try and go to the leagues, this is on xbox. Any ideas? Been trying for days. Thanks.

Hello there!

Since a few days, I'm also having issues with RaceNet connectivity. Two days ago I wanted to finish my monthly event, and EVERY time after finishing stage 13/24, the message "RaceNet not available at the moment" appears. (In german, I don't know the exactly english text). So i was not able to finish my monthly event, which was really frustrating me, because I already finished 12 stages. The next day (yesterday) I tried again, same issue.

Today nearly the same happened on the daily2-Event. I buyed the 205 to start racing, and after seeing the map of the stage to drive, the error message "RaceNet not available at the moment" appears again. Here the bad thing was, that I was not able to start the stage again (like I canceled the race).

It's really frustrating, I had a lot of fun with Dirt Rally the last weeks, but now it's really driving me mad!

Hope you can help.
Best Regards from Austria,
Bernd

I've been having problems connecting to Racenet on XB1 for a couple of days.

It will connect every now and again, so i can run a stage, but then it becomes unavailable so i get a message saying data will be uploaded at a later date after completing the stage/event.

Connection Refused and Racenet unavailable error messages.

Any idea's?

Is it me or is it RaceNet but it sure seemed to be unavailable a lot of times yesterday evening (EU) time.  Connecting via an XBox One.

Racenet is still intermittent today on Xbox one, i managed to complete the Rallycross daily stage and saw the leaderboard.

After continuing i get the message Racenet is unavailable, any chance you can fix your online codemasters?

For me, personally, it's getting better. Experienced no issues yesterday and today. Strange!? I still don't know if it is a local error, or if there are server issues at Codies.

I have been having problems as well on Xbox the past couple of days.Seems to be getting worse each day.

Well, for me racenet works something like this. You start the game, racenet seems to load correctly, online events work and so on. Then you go to leagues section and it says (around 90% of times) that racenet is not available. Then I just bash the a-button and within ten pushes it works. So something is certainly wrong in that login sequence.

CaptDjob said:
Well, for me racenet works something like this. You start the game, racenet seems to load correctly, online events work and so on. Then you go to leagues section and it says (around 90% of times) that racenet is not available. Then I just bash the a-button and within ten pushes it works. So something is certainly wrong in that login sequence.
Yep indeed, doing the same thing as you described. But should be fixed urgently

I tried it this morning and I could not sign in , so I did a hard reset on the Xbox tried it again and it signed in right away. I was not able to race bc I had to go to work but it looks like mine was a local problem. Maybe something for other people to try, hope it helps some.

spothedog said:
I tried it this morning and I could not sign in , so I did a hard reset on the Xbox tried it again and it signed in right away. I was not able to race bc I had to go to work but it looks like mine was a local problem. Maybe something for other people to try, hope it helps some.
This worked for me too, but it shouldn't be the case! Codies, please look into this, it's SO frustrating! It worked well the first week or so but has been getting steadily worse.

I know not signing in to RaceNet is not the end of the world, but I like doing the online challenges. To be honest, it's the first rally game that I've really taken heart too, and wanna keep playing it.

No RaceNet league download/uploads this evening.  Can't play online....

Nickov83 said:
spothedog said:
This worked for me too, but it shouldn't be the case! Codies, please look into this, it's SO frustrating! It worked well the first week or so but has been getting steadily worse.

I know not signing in to RaceNet is not the end of the world, but I like doing the online challenges. To be honest, it's the first rally game that I've really taken heart too, and wanna keep playing it.

It was better last night but I still have disconnects, so yea it's not right.

It's getting worse again - so frustrating! Started the daily event a few minutes ago - "RaceNet not available". I restarted Dirt Rally, and now I'm again not able to drive the Daily - AAAARGH!

ANY infos if this is a local or server issue?

Is this thing ever going to work?

I'm able to get online 1 in 10 attempts.
Chucks me back to the menu after every stage.
Can't upload times.
Have never seen friends comparison times.

I'm now starting to get locked into a never ending 'racenet offline' dialog which I can only press continue - racenet offline - continue etc.
Have to dashboard the game to get out of it.

Whole thing needs sorted. I'm not even trying to race rallycross, just rally mates times in league & dailies, but still it doesn't work.

Hi I am unable to connect to Racenet. Was fine when the game was released, now it gives me the message that unable to connect to racenet. Will very occasionally connect, but will use disconnect before starting online or leagues.

Enzo One 365 on xbox

Hi there.  I too am unable to connect to Racenet the majority of the time on Xbox One.  It was virtually flawless at launch, issues started cropping up a couple of weeks thereafter and it has ground to an ever frequent fault since.  It would be great to get a fix on this as making progress through the online events is a real slog at the moment, and I love this game.

I have some more info on the Racenet connection troubles for Xbox One.  When I play in the morning I seem to have no issues at all, when I play in the evening Racenet is either down or refuses my connection.  Could this have something to do with the amount of players that are connected to Racenet?